Map Request

Highlander

Banned
Hey all!

I've had this idea floating around for a while, and thought it would be cool to make it into a Request/Challenge for our resident cartographers. Just follow the few rules bellow, and ask me if anything needs to be cleared up.

* Unified, Federal Germany (Though it doesn't have the name "Germany")
* Free Poland
* United Low Countries (As big or small as you like)
* Balkanized France
* Independent Scotland
* Ireland has to be made up of at least three nations, with on being Scottish, and the other British
* Unified Iberian Peninsula
* Large Italy, being a modern day successor state to the Roman Empire (given a name that would be fitting)
* Crumbling Ottoman Empire
* Scandinavian Peninsula with at least four nations
* Not Sure about Russia . . . do with it as you see fit
* You know how much of a sucker I am for internal divisions . . . but, even so, I'm leaving it up to you whether or not you want to put in those, major cities, etc.

Poland has gained Kaliningrad, Italy controls much of Southern Europe and North Africa, Yugoslavia, Ukraine and Lithuania are far bigger. Scotland controls the ancient province of Ulster, whilst Great Britain controls what is known as the Pale. Greece is partly indpendant, although the Ottoman Empire still controls some of its land. Italy took Corsica when France balkanised. The Benelux countries are united, dominated by the Netherlands.

europanonsensica.png

Highlander

Banned
Not bad, Xphile. Appreciate a response :)

A couple points. The borders seem a little too OTL for me; but, it's my fault. I should have clarified that the time the map takes place in is the Twenties.

VT45

Banned
Poland has gained Kaliningrad, Italy controls much of Southern Europe and North Africa, Yugoslavia, Ukraine and Lithuania are far bigger. Scotland controls the ancient province of Ulster, whilst Great Britain controls what is known as the Pale. Greece is partly indpendant, although the Ottoman Empire still controls some of its land. Italy took Corsica when France balkanised. The Benelux countries are united, dominated by the Netherlands.

europanonsensica.png

Not bad, but what you labeled "Leinster" is actually Connacht. Leinster is actually the part that Britain rules.

Umm I dunno, maybe the Apocalypse will wipe out the cities and then be like," Eh I'm bored I'm gonna go get a burger and fries at the interstellar McDonalds or something." Thus having hidden in the hills we shall survive.

Umm I dunno, maybe the Apocalypse will wipe out the cities and then be like," Eh I'm bored I'm gonna go get a burger and fries at the interstellar McDonalds or something." Thus having hidden in the hills we shall survive.

Or in Russia! There is nothing in Russia worth blowing up except the Kremlin and Moscow.

Philip

Donor
The Great War officially ended on 12 September 1907 with the signing of the Treaty of Utrecht. The Central Powers [Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Denmark and (later) Russia and the US] placed heavy demands on the Entente [Austrian Empire, Ottoman Empire, United Kingdom, France, and Sweden]. The Austrian Empire was dismantled. Sweden and France suffered territorial losses while France and the UK lost much of their colonial empires. The loss of manpower, industry, and national pride combined with unmanageable war debt led to communist revolutions that began in France and spread to the UK and Norway. The ending of the the Turkic Caliphate and ethnic unrest shattered the Ottoman Empire.

Today, fifteen years later, Europe is divided into several camps. The Catholic League [fascist governments emphasizing Catholic identity] is headed by the Italian Empire and includes UKINA, Occitania, Geneva, and Ireland. The Hamburg Pack consists of Germany, the Netherlands, and Denmark. Along with Russia, these two alliances oppose the spread of Communism and Comintern (PRF, PRB, and PRN). The Association of Balkan States (Hellenic Republic, Serbia, Bulgaria, and Romania) have attempted to isolate themselves from the rest of Europe but have supported Ionia against recent Ottoman efforts .

Europe1922.png

Thande

Donor
Why does everyone keep labelling separate Englands and Scotlands as 'Britain'? :confused: That makes as much sense as calling a Hawaii that became independent now 'the People's Republic of North America'.

Why does everyone keep labelling separate Englands and Scotlands as 'Britain'? :confused: That makes as much sense as calling a Hawaii that became independent now 'the People's Republic of North America'.
In the map above, that may be because both make claim to the rightful government of Britain. A Hawaii that became independent wouldn't be 'the People's Republic of North America', but if it made claims to speak for all the workers of North America...

Philip

Donor
In the map above, that may be because both make claim to the rightful government of Britain.

Correct.

On my map, the UK is the UK. It consists of Scotland and a smidgen England and Northern Ireland. George V and Parliament still claim the entirety of the Isle. The citizens of the UK and many of the citizens of the PRB support them. The revolutionary communist regime that controls most of England considers the monarchy to be illegitimate and claims to be the rightful government of the Great Britain.

Last edited:

Highlander

Banned
Wow, awesome map, Phillip :cool: I'm curious about the two states in France - are they both Communist?

So, anyone else?

Here's my attempt, I've tried to include all the things asked for by the OP, so it's a little contrived. Basically, there was a Great War with very harsh territorial losses imposed on the losers.

AH Map Challenge.PNG

Philip

Donor
Wow, awesome map, Phillip :cool:

Thanks.

I'm curious about the two states in France - are they both Communist?
Yes, both are communist. After the Glorious July Revolution and the French Civil War, there were two successor states in France -- Occitania and PRF. In 1917, [Random French Name #1], a parallel to OTL's Lenin, died. The Communist Party of France split, and after a brief conflict, two states emerged. The PRF resembles OTL Stalinist states. The DSRF is more *Trotskist. At least, that is what I had in mind when I drew the map.

Last edited:

Rockingham

Banned
The Great War officially ended on 12 September 1907 with the signing of the Treaty of Utrecht. The Central Powers [Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Denmark and (later) Russia and the US] placed heavy demands on the Entente [Austrian Empire, Ottoman Empire, United Kingdom, France, and Sweden]. The Austrian Empire was dismantled. Sweden and France suffered territorial losses while France and the UK lost much of their colonial empires. The loss of manpower, industry, and national pride combined with unmanageable war debt led to communist revolutions that began in France and spread to the UK and Norway. The ending of the the Turkic Caliphate and ethnic unrest shattered the Ottoman Empire.

Today, fifteen years later, Europe is divided into several camps. The Catholic League [fascist governments emphasizing Catholic identity] is headed by the Italian Empire and includes UKINA, Occitania, Geneva, and Ireland. The Hamburg Pack consists of Germany, the Netherlands, and Denmark. Along with Russia, these two alliances oppose the spread of Communism and Comintern (PRF, PRB, and PRN). The Association of Balkan States (Hellenic Republic, Serbia, Bulgaria, and Romania) have attempted to isolate themselves from the rest of Europe but have supported Ionia against recent Ottoman efforts .

Awesome:cool: