Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicxulub

Banned
I posted it on my Wikipedia sandbox (which hopefully, should be okay). The page link is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:The_Empire_of_History/sandbox

I would maybe transfer it to here, if I could.
Hey, I saw your wiki page and it's great. One bit of advice though; don't use OTL politicians for the infobox, like find pics of "generic politician" or something.
Also, you might want to update the Congressional Districts, since it's highly unlikely they'd be using the same borders 28 years from now.

Also, you might want to update the Congressional Districts, since it's highly unlikely they'd be using the same borders 28 years from now.
That is true, but I'm not that great at devising maps of such a nature. I'm not a mapmaker or an artist; I am likely enough that I was able to create the maps that I did. For the sake of simplicity, one can assume that the congressional districts are changed.

Hey, I saw your wiki page and it's great. One bit of advice though; don't use OTL politicians for the infobox, like find pics of "generic politician" or something.
Except where can I find such photos? And when I do look them up, they show photos of our politicians anyhow.

These two pictures, though of actual politicians, aren't easily recognizable. Just google search I guess, I'm no infobox-master.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Unyk3akTa...600/Screen+shot+2014-06-27+at+12.42.53+PM.png

http://images.wisegeek.com/man-in-gray-suit.jpg
Those actually seem like good images. I will use one of them for my fictional President, but I prefer the picture I have already for his opponent. But also, do you have any comments to make about the election scenario itself? Why certain states turned out the way they did? Or the demographic distribution?

Those actually seem like good images. I will use one of them for my fictional President, but I prefer the picture I have already for his opponent. But also, do you have any comments to make about the election scenario itself? Why certain states turned out the way they did? Or the demographic distribution?
Yeah, just one. Currently, Polk County in Florida is a leaning Republican county that voted for the democrat in the 2012 senate race. As its population grows, it's becoming more democratic. Why would it vote for Beauregard in a Democratic landslide, especially one 28 years from now (assuming its trend continues)?

Also, I noticed Blaine County in Idaho voted for Beauregard, but currently it is one of the few safe blue counties in Idaho. What made it flip?

Last edited:
Yeah, just one. Currently, Polk County in Florida is a leaning Republican county that voted for the democrat in the 2012 senate race. As its population grows, it's becoming more democratic. Why would it vote for Beauregard in a Democratic landslide, especially one 28 years from now (assuming its trend continues)?

Also, I noticed Blaine County in Idaho voted for Beauregard, but currently it is one of the few safe blue counties in Idaho. What made it flip?
Yes, there are some counties that flip to one party, and others that flip to another (similar to what happened in 2016). The comment about Blaine County I noticed on U.S. Election Atlas, where I also posted this scenario. I basically assume that demographic changes occur, with more conservative retiree and other such types moving in, while the more liberal elements disperse into Ada County and the rest of the state. As for Polk County, the trend reverses sometime in the mid-2020s; Seminole, Manatee, Volusia, Brevard, and Duval Counties swing heavily Democratic, while Polk County swung heavily Republican.

You can also notice that, strangely, some heavily Republican counties (i.e. Ogle, Lee, Edwards in Illinois, Douglas in Nevada, Josephine in Oregon, El Paso in Colorado) actually vote for the Democrat, again due to demographic, economic, and social changes.

Moreover, I do have a problem with the image I wanted to use. Do you know of the author and exact source for the image from Blogspot.com? Because I would like to upload it to Wikipedia, without attracting any copyright or other such concerns.

Yes, there are some counties that flip to one party, and others that flip to another (similar to what happened in 2016). The comment about Blaine County I noticed on U.S. Election Atlas, where I also posted this scenario. I basically assume that demographic changes occur, with more conservative retiree and other such types moving in, while the more liberal elements disperse into Ada County and the rest of the state. As for Polk County, the trend reverses sometime in the mid-2020s; Seminole, Manatee, Volusia, Brevard, and Duval Counties swing heavily Democratic, while Polk County swung heavily Republican.

You can also notice that, strangely, some heavily Republican counties (i.e. Ogle, Lee, Edwards in Illinois, Douglas in Nevada, Josephine in Oregon, El Paso in Colorado) actually vote for the Democrat, again due to demographic, economic, and social changes.

Moreover, I do have a problem with the image I wanted to use. Do you know of the author and exact source for the image from Blogspot.com? Because I would like to upload it to Wikipedia, without attracting any copyright or other such concerns.
no, I don't know the original source. Sorry.

kasich_wins_RI_primaries.png

I made a map where Kasich wins the Rhode Island primaries by 40 percentage points.

John Kasich: 46.3%
Donald Trump: 37.9%
Ted Cruz: 15.8%

EDIT: I also made one for Connecticut.

kasich_wins_CT_primaries.png

John Kasich: 43.35%
Donald Trump: 42.86%
Ted Cruz: 11.70%

Last edited:
With my university starting up again this might be the last map I make in awhile, anyway enjoy the thirteenth installment in my alternate American election series.

Metropotamia
Alta California
North Carolina
New Jersey
Adams
Alabama

Rhode Island
Sequoyah
Assenisipia
East Florida
Tennessee
Kansas

Dakota is a rather unique state, being the second most rural state in the Union it is dominated by non-urban interests. The state also has the fourth largest native population, which is also the state's only significant minority with the second largest minority group, Hispanics, not even breaking 2%.

Ever since its creation Dakota has been a swing state, swinging at first between the Republicans and Populists, then the Republicans and National Unionists, and finally the Republicans and Populists once again. However ever since the Conservative Revolution the Libertarian party has been a growing influence in the state, representing the rise of rural conservatism. Despite this the majority of of rural citizens remain ideologically center of left due to the state's large mining industry and its relatively atheistic attitude towards religion leaving the state devoid of the Constitution party. The state has also been devoid of the Labor party ever since 1996, when loses forced the local branch to merge into the Populist party.

While the left united the right divided with the Libertarian party gaining more and more strength as it advocated against the corrupt GOP, claiming itself to be the only true party for liberty. Even though the GOP still does hold control over the major cities outside of them it's support has become more and more abysmal by the year. After the Second Great Depression it had been brought down to under 40 representatives, and while it did rebound slightly in 2012 ever since then it has been in a downwards spiral.

As such the election of 2016 was much like that of the past three cycles, a close race between the conservatives and populists, with the Populist party managing to pull through nonetheless.

Government:
Populists - The populists have been a major force in the state ever since the state was admitted in 1891. While the party did end up joining up with the National Union party in 1932 when the party broke after the conservative revolution the party has regained its position. With a mixture of socially conservative and economically leftist positions the party is the most right-wing of the main three social democratic parties in America. However with the state of Dakota being very nonreligious in comparison to its neighbors the state party is one of the most left-wing branches of the Populists, becoming the first, and so far only, Great Plains state to legalize civil unions for LGBT couples in 2014.
First People's Party - Started in 1972 after the Conservative Revolution, it is the main Native American party which represent centrist native interests, such as cracking down on alcoholism, promoting education, and ensuring the continuation of native culture. Given their centrist nature they were rather easy for the populists to convince to join government, who will not blatantly disregard native rights like the Republicans do.

Opposition:
Republicans- The main urban party of Dakota, they represent urban conservatives and businessmen who deal in the state. Due to the rise of the Libertarian party their support among rural conservatives has dropped tremendously to the point where their influence beyond major cities is next to none.
Libertarians - A rural counterpart to the Republican party, they are to the right of the GOP economically while slightly to the left on social issues.
Ecological Native Alliance - Founded by the national Green party, they are the left-wing Native American party, opposing the oil pipelines which the Populists and FPP have built on native lands. While not anywhere near as large as the FPP they have been gaining strength in Dakota ever since the Standing Rock oil spill of 2015 left thousands of hectares of pristine wilderness irrevocably damaged.

dakota_by_moralisticcommunist-davk98u.png

Credit for the basemap goes to Chicxulub.

TIME FOR AN AUSTRALIAN REPUBLIC
SMOL.png

Australian Republic Referendum 1999:
Yes Bitch.png

Yes 58% No 42%
Northern Australia Statehood Referendum 1998:
Yes 53% No 47%
[note the type of republic is a republic where the president is elected by popular vote]
2000 Australia Snap Election
House Of Reps

Labour 87 55.2%
Liberal 48
National 13 Coalition 62 44.8%
CLP 1
One Nation 1 11.2% Primary
Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 8.14.57 pm.png

Senate
Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 8.41.41 pm.png
\

Coalition 30
Labour 29
Democrats 5
One Nation 3
Independent 2
Green 1
President:
Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 8.46.01 pm.png

John Howard 46.3%
Kim Bleazley 41.0%
Pauline Hanson 10.2%

Just An Idea This isnt going to be a series but if you really want i might

SHOULD DONALD TRUMP BE PRESIDENT?

genusmap.php

✘ No 340 EV

Yes 198 EV

SHOULD HILLARY CLINTON BE PRESIDENT?

genusmap.php

✘ No 355 EV

Yes 183 EV
Trump: More people hate Hilarity Clition because she is a crook. More people like me because I can make America better. *wind flapping his hair*

Status
Not open for further replies.