Country Creation Contest #1

This is a new thing that i will be hosting as often as i can, a simple country creation contest. This will be different than the MOTF contests as it will 1) exclusively deal with only countries (surrounding countries is optional) and 2) will require an in depth description of the country including government form, religion, ETC.

if anyone feels like this conflicts too heavily with MOTF, i will gladly end it as i do not want to take the spotlight from anyone :)

Country Creation Contest #1: Russian successor state(s)
POD: No earlier than 1840, may be a future map
Due date: January 10th
Rules: you must write an adequate history of why the country exists, as well as a brief cultural and political model of the country

Good luck!

Questions? Ask!

I really like the Idea, but maybe 5 days isn't long enough. People should have at least a week to come up with something. Writing something up and making maps can take time.

I like this concept. However, maybe the contest could be an monthly thing (a Country of the Month), allowing as many submissions as possible. Maybe there could be no limits to what type of country you make, except no ASB. Both of these aspects would convince more people to submit entries. It would also separate it from the MotF and the Weekly Flag Challenge.

I like this concept. However, maybe the contest could be an monthly thing (a Country of the Month), allowing as many submissions as possible. Maybe there could be no limits to what type of country you make, except no ASB. Both of these aspects would convince more people to submit entries. It would also separate it from the MotF and the Weekly Flag Challenge.
So just anyone making any country?

Maybe extremely broad topics? Like: successor state, puppet state, successor-state-to-an-ISoTed-state...