Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much the Canadian Riding vary in physical size. My guess is that the one riding for the NWT or Nunavut is 1000 times larger in land area than the smallest (Downtown Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver).

As far as I can tell, the biggest disparity is between Nunavut and Toronto Central. Nunavut is about 315,000 times bigger (1,877,000 sq. km vs 6 sq. km).

And of course, Toronto Central has nearly three times the population, so overall it ends up being one million times denser. In the space that one person has in Nunavut, you would need to squeeze one million Torontoans in, which is an insane statistic.

In Malaysia, the BN is one of the worst offenders. They continually put the opposition down through those tactics, but it doesn't always work. For example they lost control of Selangor despite massive gerrymandering.

I was wondering how BN won a large majority while losing the popular vote by 3.5%...

@MoralisticCommunist Please let me know when you do the next one. I'm adding up the totals for each state.
If you want I can give you the spreadsheet where I'm recording the totals of each parties but I love that are interested enough to keep your own total!

Anyway as @Wallet suggested, here is Tennessee, the eleventh state in my alternate America electoral series.

Previous states:
Metropotamia
Alta California
North Carolina
New Jersey
Adams
Alabama

Rhode Island
Sequoyah
Assenisipia
East Florida

Tennessee is an interesting state located in the Upper South. Like North Carolina its party system is divided between the Democratic and Labor parties, and similar to North Carolina its Appalachian region was cut off to form the state of Nickajack after the end of the Civil War. However unlike the Democrats of North Carolina the Democratic party of Tennessee is not antagonistic towards the Black Baptist Bloc, uniting behind their shared devotion to a paternalistic government. Another way in which this state can be seen as the reverse of North Carolina is that the trend has been towards a weaker Labor party and stronger Democratic party, as people forget the Tennessee Valley Authority of old and the cities become more and more Republican.

Also unique to Tennessee is the existence of its three Grand Divisions, cutting the state into three more or less equal parts, a low-lying West Tennessee, a hilly Middle Tennessee, and the plateau of East Tennessee. The Lieutenant Governor must always be from a different Grand Division than that of the Governor and each division has its own semi-autonomous government, in a similar manner to that of Assenisipia.

The last time Labor was in government was from '10 to '12 due to the Second Great Depression, however before that they were only in power in from '02 to '04 and then from '94 to '98. As such, the state has become more and more solidly Democratic by the year. Thus with this year election already featuring a nation wide upswing for the Democrats in Tennessee the party gained an impressive six seats, which combined with the Bloc's gain of two from Labor allowed the coalition to kick out the rebellious Constitution party and allow the center-right parties to focus on fighting not only the War on Drugs but also the War on Poverty.

Government:
Democrats - Similar to the Democratic parties of Appalachia the Democrats of Tennessee are considered economically left-wing in comparison to the economic centrists found in most of the South. Unlike the Democratic parties of Appalachia, however, Tennessee Democrats are dedicated to fighting climate change, with wind farms having become a state staple ever since the governorship of Al Bredesen from '04 to '10. Being seen as Democrats in Name Only by both Deep South hardliners and the Democratic parties of Coal country there have been several attempts to oust the Democratic party of Tennessee from the national party, however such measures have always been blocked by an overwhelming majority of centrist Democrats.
Black Baptist Bloc - The party of rural and conservative African-Americans, their ideology is only just barely to the left of the mainstream Democratic party, so with the Democratic party of Tennessee being one of its furthest left branches the Black Baptist Bloc has become inseparable from their white brothers.

Opposition:
Labor - Like in most of the Upper South, the labor party of Tennessee is largely based in the cities with a base of urban blacks. However with Tennessee being more rural and the Democratic party being more left-leaning than the national party its has become more and more disadvantaged each year.
Republicans - Unlike with the rest of the country, the Republican party of Tennessee is growing stronger, with their fastest growing demographic being among Millennials, who are immigrating from the North seek new job opportunities in Nashville and Memphis. And with the Republicans being the only socially liberal party in the state their support among youth has grown more and more monolithic every year.
Constitutionists - As in most of the South, the Christian Right is on the rise in the Volunteer State, gaining three seats in this year's election alone. Yet at the same time they gained seats they also got kicked out the government coalition, seeing as the Democrats gained more, leaving them to only try and plot their next campaign in order to try and rejoin government.

tennessee_by_moralisticcommunist-datkkl4.png

Credit for the basemap goes to Chicxulub.

If you want I can give you the spreadsheet where I'm recording the totals of each parties but I love that are interested enough to keep your own total!

Anyway as @Wallet suggested, here is Tennessee, the eleventh state in my alternate America electoral series.

All of your stuff is cool and good looking. I am jealous. :mad::mad::mad::love::openedeyewink:

Previous states:
Metropotamia
Alta California
North Carolina
New Jersey
Adams
Alabama

Rhode Island
Sequoyah
Assenisipia
East Florida

Tennessee is an interesting state located in the Upper South. Like North Carolina its party system is divided between the Democratic and Labor parties, and similar to North Carolina its Appalachian region was cut off to form the state of Nickajack after the end of the Civil War. However unlike the Democrats of North Carolina the Democratic party of Tennessee is not antagonistic towards the Black Baptist Bloc, uniting behind their shared devotion to a paternalistic government. Another way in which this state can be seen as the reverse of North Carolina is that the trend has been towards a weaker Labor party and stronger Democratic party, as people forget the Tennessee Valley Authority of old and the cities become more and more Republican.

Also unique to Tennessee is the existence of its three Grand Divisions, cutting the state into three more or less equal parts, a low-lying West Tennessee, a hilly Middle Tennessee, and the plateau of East Tennessee. The Lieutenant Governor must always be from a different Grand Division than that of the Governor and each division has its own semi-autonomous government, in a similar manner to that of Assenisipia.

The last time Labor was in government was from '10 to '12 due to the Second Great Depression, however before that they were only in power in from '02 to '04 and then from '94 to '98. As such, the state has become more and more solidly Democratic by the year. Thus with this year election already featuring a nation wide upswing for the Democrats in Tennessee the party gained an impressive six seats, which combined with the Bloc's gain of two from Labor allowed the coalition to kick out the rebellious Constitution party and allow the center-right parties to focus on fighting not only the War on Drugs but also the War on Poverty.

Government:
Democrats - Similar to the Democratic parties of Appalachia the Democrats of Tennessee are considered economically left-wing in comparison to the economic centrists found in most of the South. Unlike the Democratic parties of Appalachia, however, Tennessee Democrats are dedicated to fighting climate change, with wind farms having become a state staple ever since the governorship of Al Bredesen from '04 to '10. Being seen as Democrats in Name Only by both Deep South hardliners and the Democratic parties of Coal country there have been several attempts to oust the Democratic party of Tennessee from the national party, however such measures have always been blocked by an overwhelming majority of centrist Democrats.
Black Baptist Bloc - The party of rural and conservative African-Americans, their ideology is only just barely to the left of the mainstream Democratic party, so with the Democratic party of Tennessee being one of its furthest left branches the Black Baptist Bloc has become inseparable from their white brothers.

Opposition:
Labor - Like in most of the Upper South, the labor party of Tennessee is largely based in the cities with a base of urban blacks. However with Tennessee being more rural and the Democratic party being more left-leaning than the national party its has become more and more disadvantaged each year.
Republicans - Unlike with the rest of the country, the Republican party of Tennessee is growing stronger, with their fastest growing demographic being among Millennials, who are immigrating from the North seek new job opportunities in Nashville and Memphis. And with the Republicans being the only socially liberal party in the state their support among youth has grown more and more monolithic every year.
Constitutionists - As in most of the South, the Christian Right is on the rise in the Volunteer State, gaining three seats in this year's election alone. Yet at the same time they gained seats they also got kicked out the government coalition, seeing as the Democrats gained more, leaving them to only try and plot their next campaign in order to try and rejoin government.

Just caught up on my spread sheet. So far so good.

Wallet

Banned

Previous states:
Metropotamia
Alta California
North Carolina
New Jersey
Adams
Alabama

Rhode Island
Sequoyah
Assenisipia
East Florida

Government:

Opposition:

So Chattanooga and Knoxville are no longer part of the state? Do you have a map of the US and a backstory?

Status
Not open for further replies.