Dominion of Southern America - Updated July 1, 2018

Glen

FYI Santaism takes inspiration from cargo cults and syncreatic religions like voodoo but doesn't stay regionally confined and becomes a more international movement,sort of like Scientology and Baha'i mixed in there as well.

Glen

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1975-035-08A%2C_Belgien%2C_Couvin%2C_Gefangene.jpg

The fall of the Malthusians was a drawn out process, but with the last vestiges of the Malthusian Congress failing with the Fall of France in 1938. With the international manifesto in effect defunct, each nation was left on its own to deal with the Human League. Some nations like the Netherlands and Belgium were already under occupation. Other nations Like France found governments in exile now in control, usually however relying on Human League forces for their legitimacy. In France many opponents of the Malthusians who had been suppressed (or who became opposition after dealing with the Malthusians during the war) also rallied with the return of the Emperor. However, even these restored governments sometimes found that too much damage had been done in the wake of the Malthusians to hold all their territory. Other nations who had been too far from the main theaters of war and who had not participated in the more egregious crimes of the more maniacal Malthusians found themselves able to negotiate an end to hostilities with little to no concessions besides a repudiation of the Malthusian Manifesto. It would take years for the new world order to be established.

There was of course many controversies associated with Santaism. Such as the infamous "cookie and milk sacrifice" scandal that got them in hot water in the United States, with it's strong laws on pastry rationing.

/s

Glen

There was of course many controversies associated with Santaism. Such as the infamous "cookie and milk sacrifice" scandal that got them in hot water in the United States, with it's strong laws on pastry rationing.

/s
Lmfao

So India is back under British Dominion? That probably won't go well, though ironically the Thuggies took care of a lot of opposition to the British, through murder or bringing a bad name to anti-imperialism.

And damn, Morocco gained a lot.

Nice Glen. Your last couple updates have been great.
So, is Morocco trying to become a United Arab Empire with their new swaths of land?
Also, why do the French still control Lesser Australia. Did they not rebel with the Black Swans?
That reminds me that I have a half finished map of the world on my hard drive with an updated base map. Would it be okay if I posted it?

Last edited:

Glen

Nice Glen. Your last couple updates have been great.
So, is Morocco trying to become a United Arab Empire with their new swaths of land?

Not really but the North Africans didn't feel very happy under the Ottoman Malthusians for a number of reasons and saw the Morrocans as the only viable alternative.

Also, why do the French still control Lesser Australia. Did they not rebel with the Black Swans?

They did not so they went back with the French once the Emperor was restored.

That reminds me that I have a half finished map of the world on my hard drive with an updated base map. Would it be okay if I posted it?

Please do!

Glen

So India is back under British Dominion? That probably won't go well, though ironically the Thuggies took care of a lot of opposition to the British, through murder or bringing a bad name to anti-imperialism.

Actually immediately post war they are under occupation through a lot of that is with troops from princely states that began to break away from the Malthusians before the end of the war - there's not enough imperial forces to hold down the area otherwise!

And damn, Morocco gained a lot.
Yes they did!

Thothian

Banned
Well done TL. Very well done.

The irony is that the Malthusians have the right idea, at the wrong time. Just way too early. Malthus failed to anticipate science leading to increases in food production.

But eventually, no matter how many scientific tricks are used, you simply can't squeeze any more from the Earth. Then it's either restrict births, or leave Earth, or some combination of both.

I wonder if a hundred years or so down the line, people ITTL might be saying " The Malthusians were shts, but they anticipated this problem, just too early for the solutions they proposed."

Here you go! I hope the USA and DSA boarders are set right. I wasn't exactly sure what to do for the indian successor states, so I marked it as Indian-British co-governship. Let me know if I got anything wrong!

DSA World post pop war.png

On an unrelated note, what would be a slang way for Refering to people in the DSA/USA ITTL?(Such as how we say 'Americans" to refer to people from the USA OTL)

On an unrelated note, what would be a slang way for Refering to people in the DSA/USA ITTL?(Such as how we say 'Americans" to refer to people from the USA OTL)
I might very well be mistaken, but I believe DSAians are called Southrons (spelling?) and USAians are called Americans.

Glen

Well done TL. Very well done.

The irony is that the Malthusians have the right idea, at the wrong time. Just way too early. Malthus failed to anticipate science leading to increases in food production.

But eventually, no matter how many scientific tricks are used, you simply can't squeeze any more from the Earth. Then it's either restrict births, or leave Earth, or some combination of both.

I wonder if a hundred years or so down the line, people ITTL might be saying " The Malthusians were shts, but they anticipated this problem, just too early for the solutions they proposed."

A fair question...time will tell...

Glen

Here you go! I hope the USA and DSA boarders are set right. I wasn't exactly sure what to do for the indian successor states, so I marked it as Indian-British co-governship. Let me know if I got anything wrong!

It's very nice and I thank you for it - I will look into it in more detail over the coming days.

What are you using for the color scheme?

Where did you get the internal divisions in British sub Saharan Africa? I like them but I am curious as to how they were derived.

Please add the military administration divisions in India that I showed on the post war map.

Interesting that you include internal borders in Scandinavia but not for the U.K. Or Australia.

Glen

I might very well be mistaken, but I believe DSAians are called Southrons (spelling?) and USAians are called Americans.

USA - Americans, Yankees, Yanks
DSA - Southerners, Southrons, Shark-Eaters

Here it is with the requested updates. Just let me know if it needs any more fixing!
I used the TOASTER colour scheme, but with my own "Artistic License", such as the DSA colour (As I thought normal Dominion Brown was to dull for them)
The boarders in Africa are a combination of the OTL African Boarders, Rivers, and Guesswork straight lines (As Europeans are normally fond of) I though having a large stip across Africa would look a bit boring without them. I can add my take on internal divisions of other countries if you would want.
DSA World post pop war2.0.png