2 Green
1 Independence

Middle America Packed In, Came To See Me And My Black Skin

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 4.59.40 PM.png

Kanye West - 300 EV
Donald Trump - 122 EV
Hillary Clinton - 116 EV

Last edited:
Here is the fifth installment of my series of electoral maps concerning states from my alternate version of the United States.

Adams is one of the most conservatives states in the country, consisting of a rather monolithic white Christian population. As such the previously Labor safe state served as fertile ground during the rise of the Religious Right and the Constitution party has been growing in momentum ever since the Conservative Revolution. By the 1990s it had surpassed both the Labor and Republican parties in size and it has been part of every government since 1994. Another party which is arose around the same time was the infamous Fourteen Word Alliance, the country's largest white power party. Based in the capital of Spokane the party was founded shortly after the Conservative Revolution by a group of Neo-Nazis in 1976 but remained a fringe party with only a few seats until most recently. With the large influx of Hispanic immigrants in the 2000s into a previously 96% white American state, the FWA was able to feed off nativist fears and gain 6 seats over the course of 5 years. As a result, in 2008 the party was able to enter into coalition with the Constitution party, being the first and only Neo-Nazi party to do so. This year's election was tense, with the Republicans and Libertarians having spent hundreds of thousands on ads to try and push the governing coalition under 50 seats however their campaign fell just short of expectations with the Constitution-FWA coalition still holding a total of 51 seats.

Government:
Constitutionists - While in most other states this party plays the role of a right wing alternative to either the Republicans or Democrats in Adams they hold a large plurality, dominating most rural regions with an ironclad grip.
Fourteen Word Alliance - One of only a few white power parties in America they are the largest and only one to hold a position in state government. While the "compassion" of the Constitutionists prevent them from implementing all their radical policies some of their more moderate ones have been enacted such as the removal of any welfare benefits for non-white citizens, the burning of "non-Aryan" books from the state archives, and a rewording of the state anthem to include a pledge to further the white race.

Opposition:
Republicans - While the Republican party of Adams would be considered rather socially conservative in comparison to the Eastern establishment they still hold some of the most liberal views of any party in the state's parliament. With their support based on the upper and middle classes of major cities they have remained unable to defeat the dominance of the Constitution party.
Labor - The second northern most state to contain a branch of the Labor party next to Alaska, they has held never held government here in the state of Adams since the Conservative Revolution. Despite this, the party's base of poor workers especially in the Kootenay region has kept them alive as a reminder of the state's old mining past.
Libertarians - A party which is both socially liberal and economically conservative they are nowhere near as popular as the more populous Mountain West states such as Colorado and Jefferson. However through targeted campaigning towards liberals and moderates lost in the rural stretches of the state they have managed to gain a fair number seats.
Hispanos Unidos - The ethnic party for Hispanics, they have managed to consistently hold majorities in Hispanic majority districts and don't plan on giving up anytime soon.

adams_by_moralisticcommunist-darbu1b.png

Credit for the basemap goes to Chicxulub and Wikipedia.

Is that BC?
The capital is Spokane, so I presume Eastern Washington and Southeast BC.

Yep, the state of Adams is a combination of inland British Columbia with inland Northwestern America, which is why it is so conservative. The state actually includes parts of Montana, Idaho, and a sliver of Oregon too, but it is centered on Eastern Washington and Southeastern British Columbia, especially with the capital county containing over a fifth of the state's population.

And any suggestions for which states from my alternate America I should do next are greatly appreciated. Right now I've been thinking of doing a state from either New England or the Deep South.

3 states had majority black population by the end of Reconstruction. What if majority rule had prevailed magically while the rest of the south regressed into Jim Crow? Butterfly net of doom in place.

genusmap.php

Garfield wins as IOTL

genusmap.php

Blaine wins unlike OTLj

genusmap.php

Harrison wins as IOTL likely with the popular vote this time

genusmap.php

Cleveland snaps a 24(!) streak run of GOP presidents despite his losses down south.

Anthony Weiner keeps it in his pants
2016-clinton-victory-png.299312

Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine-Democratic: 307 EV 49.57%
Donald Trump/Mike Pence-Republican: 231 EV 44.00%

Dole win 1996
genusmap.php

Bob Dole/Jack Kemp-Republican: 286 EV 45.72%
Bill Clinton/Al Gore-Democratic: 252 EV 44.23%
Ross Perot/Pat Choate-Reform: 0 EV 8.40%

It is harder for Dole to win the EV than the PV. This may have helped lead to speculation prior to the 2000 election that Al Gore would win the Electoral College but lose the popular vote, as we know the opposite ended up taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.