Status
Not open for further replies.
Circa 1920. Borders de jure, actual situation quite different in places (most notably, Russia doesn't exist as such).

Slightly different WW1 leads to the border between British and French zones of influence being the Euphrates River.

Thanks to the University of Texas for the base map.
I imagine they would use a different name for Shiastan. Besides Stans being used to name areas farther to the east usually, I dint believe it was thought common to be used back then, at least not by the French. Please we called Shias Shiites in the US until halfway through the occupation of Iraq, so I imagine they had an even less accurate name for the group back then. Plus, isn't this area half Sunni? Given how the area is almost entirely between the Tigris and Euphrates, Mesopotamia has never been a better choice of names.

Isaac Beach

Banned
Teutoburg, in which Publius Quinctilius Varus does not have what can only be described as a strategic stroke and has the good thought to send scouts out ahead of the main force when pushing through Germania. They spot the Germanic tribes, rush back and warn Publius who then withdraws to more even ground to reform and stand against the Germanic tribes. They win, due to better equipment and tactics and reinforced by spare legionnaires from a grateful Rome, continue the push into Germania and eventual subjugation of the nation. This leads to Roman suzerainty of all the lands right up to the Neman at its height, as well as the Eider. This has enormous ramifications for Roman culture, which absorbs much of the Germanic culture and language into their nation and leaves the Germans in Sycthia and Sarmatia as the dominant ethnicity, bolstered by refugees that don't wish to live under the aegis of Rome.

However, Rome still falls, and the migrations occur if in a somewhat delayed manner. Though as they essentially have a pincushion of Roman provinces between themselves and the migrants the Western Romans fare rather better, surviving not just in Iberia -especially around Tarraco- but Britannia as well. Migratory frustrations cause the Germans to push south more earnestly, and they lay into what would be the Byzantines and in fact completely evict the Greeks from their homeland, who flee to Libya, where they'll stay for the next 1000 years. The Slavs push in behind them, occupying most of Central-Eastern Europe as well as Finland. This leaves a vacuum that is eventually subsumed by Turkic peoples.

History happens, and here is the current world order. I could expand on this a bit, but I'm a bit huffy at the moment. Le sigh, such is real life. Enjoy.

Teutoburg.png

I imagine they would use a different name for Shiastan. Besides Stans being used to name areas farther to the east usually, I dint believe it was thought common to be used back then, at least not by the French. Please we called Shias Shiites in the US until halfway through the occupation of Iraq, so I imagine they had an even less accurate name for the group back then. Plus, isn't this area half Sunni? Given how the area is almost entirely between the Tigris and Euphrates, Mesopotamia has never been a better choice of names.

I kind of gave up before I finished polishing the map. "Shiastan" was one of the parts I wasn't happy about.

Mesopotamia is a much better name. Thanks.

One more map.
PoD-Russia too resisted the Mongol invasion.
Now, after 7 centuries, we have confrontation between the EBACA, led by Britain, and the STELSPIKOTA led by PIDR.
HUILA remains neutral.
11117118.png

One more map.
PoD-Russia too resisted the Mongol invasion.
Now, after 7 centuries, we have confrontation between the EBACA, led by Britain, and the STELSPIKOTA led by PIDR.
HUILA remains neutral.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but I fail to see why Russia doing better vs the Mongols leads them to be swallowed by the Poles.

Teutoburg, in which Publius Quinctilius Varus does not have what can only be described as a strategic stroke and has the good thought to send scouts out ahead of the main force when pushing through Germania. They spot the Germanic tribes, rush back and warn Publius who then withdraws to more even ground to reform and stand against the Germanic tribes. They win, due to better equipment and tactics and reinforced by spare legionnaires from a grateful Rome, continue the push into Germania and eventual subjugation of the nation. This leads to Roman suzerainty of all the lands right up to the Neman at its height, as well as the Eider. This has enormous ramifications for Roman culture, which absorbs much of the Germanic culture and language into their nation and leaves the Germans in Sycthia and Sarmatia as the dominant ethnicity, bolstered by refugees that don't wish to live under the aegis of Rome.

However, Rome still falls, and the migrations occur if in a somewhat delayed manner. Though as they essentially have a pincushion of Roman provinces between themselves and the migrants the Western Romans fare rather better, surviving not just in Iberia -especially around Tarraco- but Britannia as well. Migratory frustrations cause the Germans to push south more earnestly, and they lay into what would be the Byzantines and in fact completely evict the Greeks from their homeland, who flee to Libya, where they'll stay for the next 1000 years. The Slavs push in behind them, occupying most of Central-Eastern Europe as well as Finland. This leaves a vacuum that is eventually subsumed by Turkic peoples.

History happens, and here is the current world order. I could expand on this a bit, but I'm a bit huffy at the moment. Le sigh, such is real life. Enjoy.

Very nice! Any backstory on the Sotho Anti-Draka?

Remember that WIP Colourscheme from some time ago? well here it is now, finished, in all it's glory.
empty toaster.png

a worlda with it.
world map.png

the thread can be found here.

Attachments

• Ideal TOASTER.png
    Ideal TOASTER.png
    494 KB · Views: 557
  • True TOASTER.png
    True TOASTER.png
    494.8 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:

Isaac Beach

Banned
Very nice! Any backstory on the Sotho Anti-Draka?

Thank you very much. Yes. Essentially the Chinese and Tarraconenians both colonised Africa around the same time. This lead to all sorts of drama around the cape as conflicting interests came to a head, and both sides backed proxy conflicts in the form of local tribes. The most successful of these were the Sotho, who courted both sides and either conquered or diplomatically annexed all those around them and forced both Zhongdu and Tarraco off the south of the continent. They've been steadily expanding ever since. They coined the term 'cooperative' as a sort of republican equivalent to an empire.

1gNePmK.png

The following year saw a dramatic change in Russia, as the post-soviet Russian states coalesced into two camps, one with it's base around the Volga river and Ural mountains, and the other in the western and southern fringes of the former Soviet Union. The Russian Republic has gained two significant footholds in the ashes and promises a better future for those tired of the war and the gulag. The Ukrainian Republic on the other hand is creeping up the Dnieper, using their most advanced military technique to date: Italian food. Galicia is under Polish occupation, as the Catholic population of Lwów seemed to be in need of protection from the heathen hordes. The Finns continue to push in the north, advancing rapidly through autumn and winter forest on skis and encountering only marginal resistance. The Norwegian navy has been involved in several peacekeeping missions in the area and is supplying food and goods to both the starving populace and the Finnish front.

America is in complete collapse, as the corrupt Denver government has finally cracked under the weight. Bands of angry Americans roam the streets, inspired by the secession of the several nearby states. The now merged Chicago and New York governments are considering a military occupation of everything west of Mississippi. The Georgian Republic has been invaded by joint Anglo-French forces, who had by December entered Birmingham.

Thailand and Bhutan join the Philippines' small coalition, which is seen as little more than wishful thinking but better than nothing by a majority in Bangkok. China signs a non-aggression pact with the Far Eastern Republic.

The Pahlavi dynasty was toppled by a coup of revolutionary Shi'ite theocrats. Unification of both the Shia Realms and the Iranian peoples became a large geopolitical target of the new government.

The Vegasine government had had enough of the suppressive martial law and is in open rebellion.

The Columbian War has turned it's tide against the Columbians. Despite having subdued Ecuador in little over a month, the Anglo-French forces from the north have captured the coastal regions and the war has turned into a dirty guerrilla front. The Darwinist Republic of the Galapagos islands is doing well and experiencing unreasonable population growth.

Bhutan doesn't actually have an official diplomatic representation to the Philippines yet. Prior to 1983 they only operated embassies in New Delhi and Dhaka, and they've got a very long standing agreement with India which basically amounts to 'you can handle the international relations for us'.

Status
Not open for further replies.