Collaborative Project: Lets Build A Planet (All Welcome)

What shall we name this world?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's the biome map Mk 1. I'm not a climatologist, but I think this is good enough to get the basic gist of it. We can always edit it later on.
I was a little stumped with the big archipelligo, so I left that blank.
collaborative project biomes.png

It isn't perfect, but I overlayed the map onto a google earth globe so we can get a better idea of what it would look like.View attachment 282047
View attachment 282047
The ocean looks bigger than it would in real life, and the poles are more pinched together than they would be, but its a pretty good projection.

Awesome work! Do you think you can pass out the file to the group so we can have a spin round and have a look? I'd like to help too, the scale would be much helpful for me.

Awesome work! Do you think you can pass out the file to the group so we can have a spin round and have a look? I'd like to help too, the scale would be much helpful for me.
I'm not sure how to save the file, but if you have google earth you can add overlay this image
world map.png

and adjust the size of it a bit.

Deleted member 93645

Here's the biome map Mk 1. I'm not a climatologist, but I think this is good enough to get the basic gist of it. We can always edit it later on.
I was a little stumped with the big archipelligo, so I left that blank.View attachment 282058

Looks cool. I think the taiga should be less extensive along some of the southern coastlines. For the big archipelago, it should be a mix of Mediterranean and forest.

Should we create a name for this world?
I suggest Croatoa.

Deleted member 93645

What does everyone think of these fantasy elements:
  • A lost civilization that built roads and (by now ruined) aqueducts on the major continents before the "main" civilizations appear. Most nations claim continuity from this almost mythical empire for legitimacy, but they view it in different ways as its knowledge is corrupted over time.
  • Biblical longevity; people, especially prophets and kings, living 200, 400, 800 years.
  • Cryptid-like monsters that live on the far away islands. Not all the same species, but sort of individual, semi-godlike creatures akin to Greek mythology. They don't play a huge role in the development of civilization, but cause certain crises on the frontiers of settlement.