Collaborative Project: Lets Build A Planet (All Welcome)

What shall we name this world?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 93645

Some sort of Europe-Anatolia-Finland like continent.

earthlike.png

Now that would be interesting. As far as I know the only culture with widespread polyandry was Tibet, and maybe some post war countries (I think at one point Paraguay became a polyandrous country after most of the young men died in battle). Of course, you would have to have a more or less gender equal society to achieve this, so it might be hard to pull off. I can see it happening on like an island culture though.

Yes, it would requiere certain conditions hard to get and even harder to maintain in time but maybe if we added to that a certain religious tradition apart from the socio-cultural one, maybe we could pull it off.

The main obstacle I see is that the typical family was the economic base for many societies thanks to the social stability it provided with inheritances (and all the hierarchical stuff that follows it) something that the polygynic families didn't perturb too much as it is obvious that it is impossible to completely hide the real mother of a child without compromising the very idea that that child is from who it is claimed he/she is. For a polyandric family that becomes tremendously harder to the point of almost being impossible. That is why I suppose that those traditions never went past the tribal societies. I could be wrong though.

Deleted member 93645

Equatorial island chain between the major continents:

earthlike.png

So there are two problems I have right now: 1. The map looks sort of cluttered
2. There is an upside down greece in one of the archipelagos

Deleted member 93645

So there are two problems I have right now: 1. The map looks sort of cluttered
2. There is an upside down greece in one of the archipelagos
One half is pretty land heavy and other half is island heavy, but that's not much different than OTL Earth with the Pacific Ocean taking up >1/3 of the globe, and most of the land being in the northern hemisphere. Just in this case most of the land is in the eastern hemisphere instead.

I think the upside down Greece is fine, but if it's really that bad just change the coastline a little.

earthlike (1).png

Thinned out the coasts in finisland a bit, edited greece so we don't get copyrighted, and added a bit of coast to the southern continent

Yes, it would requiere certain conditions hard to get and even harder to maintain in time but maybe if we added to that a certain religious tradition apart from the socio-cultural one, maybe we could pull it off.

The main obstacle I see is that the typical family was the economic base for many societies thanks to the social stability it provided with inheritances (and all the hierarchical stuff that follows it) something that the polygynic families didn't perturb too much as it is obvious that it is impossible to completely hide the real mother of a child without compromising the very idea that that child is from who it is claimed he/she is. For a polyandric family that becomes tremendously harder to the point of almost being impossible. That is why I suppose that those traditions never went past the tribal societies. I could be wrong though.
Also, most men don't really want to share a woman

What if it had something like the Mediterranean sea when it completely dried up on the south continent? Ive never seen it done on maps like this before.

I think we've pretty much wrapped up the major areas of the map, people can still add things but we've got all the major continents covered.