Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Apologies (again) for the long absence, it's been nearly 4 months since I posted something related to Hail, Britannia. But I'm now on holiday for the summer so there will hopefully be more regular installments (I'm aiming for 1 per week).

I know I promised Texas and Ohio were gonna be next, but I've been trying to shake writers block for a few weeks now and I made this:

----

The First Minister of Florida is the primary minister of the Crown, chairman of the Cabinet, and thus head of government for Florida, charged with advising the Floridian monarch or viceroy on the exercise of the executive powers vested in them by the constitution. As with the other constituent countries in the United Kingdom, the position of First Minister is not outlined in any constitutional document, the office exists only as per long-established convention that stipulates that the monarch's representative, the Viceroy, must select as First Minister the person most likely to command the confidence of the elected Chamber of Deputies; this individual is typically the leader of the political party that holds the largest number of seats in that chamber.

The current, and 28th, First Minister of Florida is the SFIA's Alejo Garza, who was appointed on 14 April 2016, by Viceroy Sir Alejandro Mendiola, following the general election that took place that month.

The Order of the Star of Florida (French: Orden de la Estrella de la Florida) is a Floridian national order, the highest order awarded by the Sovereign in their role as Monarch of Florida, that recognises the outstanding merit or distinguished service of Floridians who make a major difference to Florida through lifelong contributions in every field of endeavour. The four tiers of the order are Knight/Dame, Companion, Officer, and Member.

The 2015 Floridian independence referendum was held on 12 December 2015 and asked voters "Should Florida remain a member of the United Kingdom of leave the United Kingdom?". The Remain side won, with 9,243,612 (55.22%) voting to remain and 7,495,576 (44.78%) voting to leave, on a turnout of 97.65%, the highest ever recorded for a referendum in the United Kingdom.

In the aftermath of the vote Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, leader of the Liga Floridana, resigned and was replaced by Javier Margas. The First Minister, Carlos López-Cantera, who had campaigned for a Remain vote was forced to call an early election after the governing coalition between the Alianza Nacionalista and LF collapsed. The AN lost the April 2016 election, dropping into second place, with the LF a close third and the Partido Progresista showing thier worst performance ever in fourth place. The winners were the Sección de Florida de la Internacional Americana who secured a majority coalition with the PP, and the SFIA leader Alejo Garza was appointed as First Minister on 14 April 2016.

The Viceroy of Florida, commonly referred to in Florida as the Captain General (Spanish: Capitán General), is the viceregal representative of the Floridian monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II. Because the person of the sovereign is shared equally both with the 29 other British Constituent countries and the United Kingdom, and resides predominantly in her oldest realm, Great Britain, she, on the advice of the Floridian first minister, appoints the viceroy to carry out most of her constitutional and ceremonial duties.

The current viceroy is Sir Alejandro Mendiola, who has served since 14 January 2016, having been recommended by First Minister Carlos López-Cantera after the resignation of his predecessor.

Carlos López-Cantera is a Floridian politician who is the current Leader of the Opposition of Florida, having previously served as the 27th First Minister of Florida between 2011 and 2016. López-Cantera was first elected to the Chamber of Deputies in 2002 on a list seat, subsequently running in, and winning, the Miami Beach constituency during the 2005 election. In 2007 he was appointed as the Floridian Minister of Home Affairs, where he oversaw a curb on illegal immigration into Florida from the Caribbean, a drop in gun and drug related crime and the passage of the Marriage Equality Act (2009) which legalised same-sex marriage, making Florida one of the last of the Home Nations in North America to do so (Carolina passed legislation in 2013 whilst Jamaica and the West Indies have yet to do so).

With the resignation and retirement of Raul Fernandez-Cabello in 2011, López-Cantera was seen as the logical successor and easily won the leadership contest to become President of the Alianza Nacionalista. His government largely continued the policies of his predescessor; seeing the budget slashed and a reduction in public spending. However attempts to privatise portions of NHS Florida led to López-Cantera calling an early election in 2013 in the hopes of securing a stronger majority. The AN lost votes, but their coalition partners (the LF) gained seats, which secured the continuation of the government (although privatisation stopped). However the condition for the coalition was the holding of an independence referendum.

López-Cantera campaigned for a remain vote in the referendum, and despite his victory, the new leader of the LF withdrew from the coalition agreement, triggering another early election which was held in April 2016. Despite the loss, López-Cantera's approval ratings remain high, although he faces a leadership challenge from former cabinet member Lizbeth Benacquisto, and rumours are that he is considering a run for the Imperial Parliament in the vacant Miami Central seat.

Juan Enrique Carlos Taylor-Brock y Menendez, 5th Marqués of Palatka is a Floridian businessman and statesman who served as the 25th Viceroy of Florida between 2009 and 2016. Lord Palatka was born in San Mateo, the only son of Sir George Taylor-Brock and Isabel Menendez y Aranda, 4th Marquésa of Palatka. He is a member of the influential Taylor-Brock family and is currently excluded from the line of succession to the British throne due to his Roman Catholic faith, although he does sit in the Imperial Council as one of the hereditary peers allowed to remain under the Imperial Council Act (1970). He is the grandson of Alexander Taylor-Brock, 2nd Duke of Manhattan, and the second cousin of both Richard Taylor-Brock, 4th Duke, and Henry Taylor-Brock, 3rd Earl of Astoria.

Although officially an Independent, Lord Palatka has been a long time supporter of the Alianza Nacionalista (a novelty within the Taylor-Brock family whose members usually sit on the centre or centre-left of the political spectrum), and as such his appointment as Viceroy in 2009 was controversial amongst the opposition parties in the General Court. Despite early concerns, Lord Palatka proved to be a capable viceroy for much of his tenure, until the independence referendum in 2015 when he controversially came out in support of Floridian independence. In the aftermath of the vote he was forced to resign his position and has since disappeared from public life, with the exception of his continued attendance at sessions of the Imperial Council.

D4dUfBy.png

Hail, Britannia
UK SDP leadership spill, 2004 & leadership election, 2011
Missourian federal election, 2014
Commonwealth of New England
Canadian federal election, 2011
New England federal election, 2010
American Theatre of World War I
Liberal Party of New England
Federation of India
Oregonian general election, 2011
Kingdom of Hanover; Hanoverian general election, 2012
Kingdom of Scania; King Valdemar V; Crown Prince Christoffer
Spanish State (1936-1945)
National Republic of China (1927-1947)
Kingdom of the Californias; Californian general election, 2013; King Ramón IV
Australian federal election, 2014
Florida; Floridian general election, 2013; Floridian, Texan & Californian Spanish
Britain-in-America; North American Dutch; Daniel Taylor; Isaac Brock; Taylor-Brock family; Dukedom of Manhattan
Kingdom of Hawai'i; Hawaiian general election, 2015; King Kūhiō; Native Hawaiians
Hawaiians in the United Kingdom (Hawaiian British)
Russian America; Province of Alaska; Orthodox Church in America; Alaskans; North American Russian; Russian-American Company
Mexican Empire; Mexican federal election, 2013; Emperor Agustín V; President of the Government; Josefina Vázquez Mota

Last edited:

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
I find it ironic that the founder of these threads goes for the low hanging fruit the rest of us mostly abandoned, and nothing more technically advanced.
As the founder of this thread, I'm letting the side down. Though I don't know how one can display pure apathy in a wikibox.
Apologies (again) for the long absence, it's been nearly 4 months since I posted something related to Hail, Britannia. But I'm now on holiday for the summer so there will hopefully be more regular installments (I'm aiming for 1 per week).

I know I promised Texas and Ohio were gonna be next, but I've been trying to shake writers block for a few weeks now and I made this:
Noice, though I'd of thought in-universe they'd of used the colours of Florida's flag for the Referendum colours.

Still, it's very good :)

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Noice, though I'd of thought in-universe they'd of used the colours of Florida's flag for the Referendum colours.

Still, it's very good :)

Nice idea, in all honesty I made that box shortly after the EU referendum (hence why it uses those colours) as it reminded me to make the in universe Florida referendum.

Asami

Banned

Mmmmmm... can Florida please be a regional power, pls.

Teshuvah

Banned
I always heard leftism made you into a bum, but I didn't believe it until now.

:p
In my darkest times, I take solace in knowing that I influenced this site by popularizing wikipedia infoboxes and the term "Plausibility Police".

Need to do something more lately, though.

In my darkest times, I take solace in knowing that I influenced this site by popularizing wikipedia infoboxes and the term "Plausibility Police".

Ally yourself with someone from a foreign country, preferably one with history of separatism and unionism, whom you don't know and write a popular timeline. Worked for me.

…this is literally the first time I've ever heard the term "Plausibility Police" used.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
"I don't care so much that I'll express it through this thing that presumably took a bit of effort to make."
I tried to do the wikibox, but you can only write 'fuck', 'some cunt', and 'sod cancer' so many times before it gets boring.

'Plausibility Police'?

I know what I means, but this is the second time I've hear of it. Pretty sure the first was you, near a year back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.