DBWI: George Bush isn't killed on 9/11

Wallet

Banned
15 years ago, George W. Bush was killed while he was in a meeting in the Twin Towers. We don't know how his presidency would have turned out or his response would have been. He's now considered one of our greatest presidents.

We all know how things turned out. Cheney took us into Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran. We went into depression in 2007. With clear evidence now if election fraud in 2004.

What if Bush was not in the towers that day? Would be still have went into Iraq and Iran? Would Obama had still won a 35 state landslide in 2008?

15 years ago, George W. Bush was killed while he was in a meeting in the Twin Towers. We don't know how his presidency would have turned out or his response would have been. He's now considered one of our greatest presidents.

We all know how things turned out. Cheney took us into Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran. We went into depression in 2007. With clear evidence now if election fraud in 2004.

What if Bush was not in the towers that day? Would be still have went into Iraq and Iran? Would Obama had still won a 35 state landslide in 2008?

Honestly, to this day do not understand how George W. Bush is considered one of our greatest presidents , he has not built a legacy as John F. Kennedy , no offense but he has done almost nothing so grand to the US if he had survived would have done the same things that Cheney , though perhaps Iran would not suffer American interference with Bush Junor still in charge.

I believe he would be re- elected in 2004 because maybe the opponent would be even John Kerry is very weak in my opinion , maybe Obama would still be elected in 2008 , although I doubt that Bush would support Donald Trump as the former president Cheney is supporting .

Deleted member 87099

I agree with The Chairman, without his untimely death, he wouldn't be so immortalized. Have you walked through George W. Bush Memorial Park in New York? That place is massive and it's all dedicated to a man who probably would have been a lackluster president.

I agree with The Chairman, without his untimely death, he wouldn't be so immortalized. Have you walked through George W. Bush Memorial Park in New York? That place is massive and it's all dedicated to a man who probably would have been a lackluster president.

Would've been better than Cheney. Hell, a jar of mold would've made a better president than Dick Cheney.

Would've been better than Cheney. Hell, a jar of mold would've made a better president than Dick Cheney.

I have my doubts about it , we all know that there was no war in Syria because Vice- President Kasich convinced Cheney otherwise , but if Bush Junior chose Cheney as Vice- President the two should be tarred with the same brush , just look at the past of Bush before Governor of Texas , he was clearly irresponsible , then no, it would not be the second coming of his father George H.W.Bush .

The one wild card is would Cheney have stepped down as VP after one term? There are rumors that he planned to due to declining health and that Bush would have picked a younger man to be his presumptive successor for his running mate in the 2004 campaign (probably Kasich). If Cheney leaves after one term, you have a whole new dynamic in that White House. Don't know if it happens or not, but the rumors were pretty persistent.

Give Cheney credit for one thing. Because he has a lesbian daughter, he basically forced the Republican party (through sheer willpower more than anything) to give it up on the gay issue. Plenty didn't like it and plenty don't like it still but Cheney more or less stuffed this issue into the closet (no pun intended) and it has stayed there and Republicans no longer beat that drum. He was then able to lay the ground work for all of the advances in gay rights that have taken place during Obama's term in office and everyone pretty much admits that Obama would not have accomplished what he has without Cheney leading the way.

I hear some people say that Bush actually faked his death at the World Trade Center and then proceeded to run things from behind the shadows for the next eight years. They point to the fact that all that was found of Bush at the North Tower was a small amount of tissue that was ultimately identified through mitochondrial DNA.

I hear some people say that Bush actually faked his death at the World Trade Center and then proceeded to run things from behind the shadows for the next eight years. They point to the fact that all that was found of Bush at the North Tower was a small amount of tissue that was ultimately identified through mitochondrial DNA.
You know it's verboten to discuss conspiracy theories on the site, right? Yeah, when you were on the top floor and a plane flies into it, your body is probably not going to found.

Anyway, I think Afghanistan is a no-brainer, because bin Laden had been hiding. Iraq, possibly, because of residual hatred from the Gulf War. I don't really know about Iran. Did Bush say anything during the campaign about Iran?

That theory holds ground, but I think the idea of Gore, Clinton and other Democrats killing him is more plausible. Wouldn't be the first time the Democrats have ever taken out a sitting president. I mean, that meeting with Cantor Fitzgerald was pretty shady. It's downright shame liberals try and twist that story to say a great man like former President Cheney killed him. Why would Cheney kill him--the man wasn't Lyndon B. Johnson (a Democrat), and I think only the Democrats seem to have it in them to kill presidents.

Turn off the mainstream media for a second and you'd realise how great our former president was at dealing with the situation. He might've been a bit liberal and a bit RINO on some issues, but his commitment to our nation was never questioned. Rush Limbaugh was completely right the whole time.

OOC: Why was he at the World Trade Center?

Also, he didn't have time to do much of anything outside of martyrdom. Hell, even JFK managed to avert nuclear holocaust before his.

OOC: Why was he at the World Trade Center?

Also, he didn't have time to do much of anything outside of martyrdom. Hell, even JFK managed to avert nuclear holocaust before his.

OOC: As I said, something to do with Cantor Fitzgerald? Some need to meet with higher ups there or at another WTC tenant on a floor where survival would be in doubt? There were some pretty noteworthy tenants at the WTC who lost a ton of employees. Seems like the best way to get Bush at the WTC on 9/11.

OOC: As I said, something to do with Cantor Fitzgerald? Some need to meet with higher ups there or at another WTC tenant on a floor where survival would be in doubt? There were some pretty noteworthy tenants at the WTC who lost a ton of employees. Seems like the best way to get Bush at the WTC on 9/11.

OOC: I'm not really sure what would make Bush go there, though. I can see him being in New York, but it's more likely such a meeting would be happening somewhere else. As another poster suggested, the Pentagon is more likely.

Yeah, when you were on the top floor and a plane flies into it, your body is probably not going to found.

Well, truthers keep repeating the "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" even though it's been proved that the WTC beams were merely weakened instead of melting. They're just resistant to reasoning.

OOC: I'm not really sure what would make Bush go there, though. I can see him being in New York, but it's more likely such a meeting would be happening somewhere else. As another poster suggested, the Pentagon is more likely.

How about this. President Bush is at the WTC to Meet The Governors of New York, New Jersey and Mayor Giuliani to announce a new Rail Tunnel under the Hudson. This would be a Port Authority Project and the Port Authority HQ was at the WTC. They were having a late Breakfast meeting at Windows on the World when the planes hit. All were killed.

Puzzle

Donor
Would Bush have prevented the economic collapse?
The economic collapse was bigger than any one man, even if Gore had won something like 2007 would probably have occurred. Maybe a president who focused more on domestic issues could have alleviated it, but one of the reasons Cheney was picked was to shore up Bush's foreign policy credentials. It's possible Bush would have done far better, or that something completely different would go wrong.

jahenders

Banned
The economic collapse was bigger than any one man, even if Gore had won something like 2007 would probably have occurred. Maybe a president who focused more on domestic issues could have alleviated it, but one of the reasons Cheney was picked was to shore up Bush's foreign policy credentials. It's possible Bush would have done far better, or that something completely different would go wrong.

I think you're right -- it's far bigger than one man (or one nation). I'm not sure if Bush could/would have pushed through the necessary legislative agenda (much of it against FIERCE resistance from either/both sides of the aisle) in time to prevent, or significantly reduce, the economic impact. However, I'm sure he would have acted quickly to start resolving it once it exploded -- I bet he'd have had a no-notice G20 Summit than IOTL, started working some bailout plans, etc.