Upcoming AH books

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
The British Lion is waiting for me in my local Post Office. It looked good and I pre-ordered the paperback, which didn't go live til last week.

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Thomas27

Banned
The following message concern a French book. My book.
The book contain a hundred of illustration.

So my book is live on Amazon;Cycle 1 intégrale N&B

The Kindle version, free via matchbook if you buy the paper version.

A facebook page.

Summary:
La Seconde Guerre mondiale est certainement l'événement le plus marquant des cent dernières années. Au Japon comme en Allemagne, des hommes vont tenter de sauver leur pays de la destruction vers laquelle semblent les mener leurs dictateurs. Manigances politiques, coups d’État et batailles apocalyptiques à travers l’Europe. Cette autre Seconde guerre mondiale, n’en sera pas moins sanglante et posera les bases d’un Nouveau Monde. Bienvenue « Au Bord de l’Abîme ». (Contient une centaine d'illustrations en noir et blanc).

Bitter Weeds -- An Alternate WW II

It's been about a month since I submitted A Man and a Plane to Amazon, and I hope you all buy a copy.

However, now that interest is stirring, I have a story of an alternate World War II on the market there:

http://www.amazon.com/Bitter-Weeds-...rnate-ebook/dp/B01COJPYNW/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

In this case, the divergence starts very small, and some of the changes are very subtle, but there is more yet to come. I have something like five volumes, and may do an aftermath one.

And then I can do some of my other AH timelines. The Frederick the Great one is bogged down, but if it looks encouraging and now that it is warmer, I should be able to go on.

the sequel to "Clash of Eagles", titled "Eagle in Exile", is coming out soon... in this one, our lost Roman is apparently going to try to unite the Cahokia and fast forward them into the Iron age to prepare for the inevitable Roman invasion... looking forward to it... :)

The New Statesman has a review by Joanna Bourke of Margaret MacMillan's book History's People, which contains elements of alternate history.

She asks a great many “What if?” questions. She reminds us that our world would be a very different place if certain people had never lived, had possessed different personality traits, or had made slightly different decisions. Luck also plays an important role in her story.
To my surprise, I was captivated. MacMillan sets out a sensible argument for the importance of individual choices and actions if we want to understand the past. She probably won’t be pleased to read me write this, but her counterfactuals are little more than a rhetorical tool to help us think about what did happen.
The reviewer is no fan of AH, but gives the book a favourable review (perhaps for logrolling or ideological reasons). Could be worth a look.

Full review here.

the sequel to "Clash of Eagles", titled "Eagle in Exile", is coming out soon... in this one, our lost Roman is apparently going to try to unite the Cahokia and fast forward them into the Iron age to prepare for the inevitable Roman invasion... looking forward to it... :)
I liked first book and just got second from my local library. It's not beech time, when I read most but well... Nothing else to do as for now I am done with garden and weather is not so inciting for bicycling trips. :D

My sort of AH novella The Wrath of Athena is available in Kindle and (small-around 80 pages) paperback formats, with other formats coming soon. I workshopped Wrath in the Writers' section of this forum, so you can check out a rough draft version at

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=360111

The buy link at Amazon is:

https://www.amazon.com/Wrath-Athena-Snapshot-Dale-Cozort-ebook/dp/B01F9PS2VE

The published version is a major step up from the workshopped one, much more tightly written, with stronger characterization and a lot of little touches that help establish a sense of place.

The New Statesman (16 May) has a piece by James Cooray Smith: Lines of Duty: Tales of the Jacobites, and other alternative successions. Quite interesting, about possible different successions, and dynasties, in England and the UK.

Full article here.

David Means: Hystopia

A new novel set in an alternate USA where JFK has survived multiple assassination attempts, and the Vietnam war still drags on.

The book (haven't read it, just the review by Laura Miller in The Guardian) is set in Michigan, a state given largely over to traumatised war veterans, and concerns the efforts of the Psych Corps to deal with these casualties.

Review is somewhat mixed, read it here

the final book in the Temeraire series by Naomi Novak will be out pretty soon... even though it violates one of the standard rules of AH (a huge POD that doesn't seem to change much, leads to the same nations/people that were around in OTL), it has been a hell of a good series...

the final book in the Temeraire series by Naomi Novak will be out pretty soon... even though it violates one of the standard rules of AH (a huge POD that doesn't seem to change much, leads to the same nations/people that were around in OTL), it has been a hell of a good series...
Definitely. I've only read up through Tongues of Serpents so far, but it's an awesome series.