Beedok's Maps Thread

Just found this thread and wondering how to find this "stronger Canada" TL you speek of?

North America in my stronger Canada timeline. (Click for larger image)
I'll admit that the lesser antilles look like a mess.
Questions?

Could you post a link to its thread plz?

Just found this thread and wondering how to find this "stronger Canada" TL you speek of?

Could you post a link to its thread plz?

I began some things built around it, but never got very far. It's continuely being kicked down the road as my 'AH novel concept' story.:oops:

I do have a newer map though.
dimension_2_continental_canada__version_2_0__by_beedok-da3o9p9.png

http://beedok.deviantart.com/art/Dimension-2-Continental-Canada-Version-2-0-610832925

I began some things built around it, but never got very far. It's continuely being kicked down the road as my 'AH novel concept' story.:oops:

Fair enough,
None of my ideas have ever amounted to more than the odd post in the map thread.

I doing have one ongoing TL concept based around Canada forming about 30 years earlier and getting a better deal in Oregon. ( The Columbia river)
It gets rather strange by the ACW though.

A few Greek soldiers sat around their radio, scrolling through the frequencies. Albania across the border had just vanished in a flash of light a few hours earlier, and reports from higher ups said that all the other nations Greece bordered had vanished as well. Soldiers not sent to towns and cities to keep order as the rumours spread had been assigned to listen on radios for any signs of life. This particular group had pulled out a bottle of wine after a couple hours, figuring if the world had come to an end they could probably sneak a bit of alcohol on the job. By this point they were a little drunker than they'd intended to become.

Eventually one spoke out: "Well, at least there's a slight silver lining."

"Oh?" a younger soldier asked.

"The debt crisis is solved at least," the somewhat drunk man laughed.

"Thank God for small blessings," another laughed, "Let's drink to that. At least something good has come of this."

As the men drank their toasts the radio finally spluttered to life: "This is the Federal Republic of Germany. Is there anyone out there?"

Several men spat out their wine.

gteam.png

Last edited:
Reposting it here so as not to block up the map thread with any feedback.
So, I've finished the map, but am interested in colour scheme in-put.
greatcityhumangeography_by_beedok-da8zq9u.png

I feel like darker for denser is a good idea, but considering the wilds are very dangerous in the planned setting maybe the reverse would make more thematic sense?

I've decided to abandon the visual legend. Takes up too much space (on the map and in the computer memory), and I can describe things as efficiently with text