Status
Not open for further replies.
She mentions this in an earlier reply to one of my posts. It looks like Beedok uses whatever the current official name for a country is, rather than its better-known name.
I'm just going off the list I'm using. It's a UN list, which seems fairly impartial as an option.

I say those not officially annexed to Russia officially be sent to their own worlds. Though Abdkazia lost its chance already. And I wonder about the Nagardo-Somethign republic between Armenia and Azerbaijan. I think it is a de facto independence state, but people always jam it into Azerbaijan on all maps.

Beedok, was that area ethnically cleansed, as with all of Armenia? I am guessing from the earlier map(might have been someone else's) that the Armenians were driven to Georgia.
Nagorno-Karabakh is officially part of Azerbaijan and functionally part of Armenia, so it was coming along with the 'A' groups either way. The area saw deportations, though not full ethnic cleansing (basically kicking out anyone considered a 'sympathiser' with Armenia while the rest dealt with harsh occupation). Armenia also lost the strip of land between Azerbaijan and Nakchivan.

Great work yet again!

Just curious about Estonia: it's both a food- and energy-producer, so I would think it could do pretty well. Virgin farmland just over the border and replenished fishing stocks would well offset the differences.

Good catch with the expulsion though, this would most likely happen no matter what.
Thanks.

The source I had listed Estonia as a food importer (a pretty significant one at that). Luckily their population is small enough it doesn't matter too much with replenished oceans are virgin lands all around.

Just realised, Planet G is going to have some _awkward_ EU meetings.
I actually have a little joke intro worked out for it.

View attachment 277907

Okie dokers, World-5. Uruguay, Belgium, Lithuania, Somalia, Malawi, the Maldives, Lesotho, Vietnam, Cambodia, and the Philippines.

Didn't really feel this world, outside of brainstorming about Somalia, and I liked how I did the Uruguay-Lesotho relationship. Maybe the next will be better. World-6 will have Turkey, Albania, Singapore, Tonga, Palau, Andorra, Vanuatu, Kyrgyzstan, Honduras, and Gabon.

Loving your ISOT map series, keep it up!

Could people maybe use the ISOT maps thread for all these series? They're great, but the discussion around them is taking up the majority of the thread at this point. XD
I often have times when I've felt like I'm spamming series (even though I usually limit myself to one a day) and have decided to take a break for a couple days only to find no one posts in that time. :coldsweat:

Jcw3

Banned
upload_2016-6-18_17-18-48.png

As a general reminder, World-6's I.S.OT.'s were Honduras, Andorra, Albania, Turkey, Gabon,Kyrgyzstan, Singapore, Tonga, Palau, and Vanuatu.

Americas
*Honduras probably suffered the worst of any Central American state I.S.O.T.ed to a virgin Earth. Already the unstable, corrupt, murder capital of the world, it didn't exactly improve when severed from all outside contact for several decades.
*Thankfully, though, the anarchy gradually stopped in the 2070s when Kurdish and Turkish peacekeepers arrived, and sponsored the least skeevy faction.
*The United Central American States have done rather decently for themselves since. The capital was finally moved back to Tegucigalpa in 2119, expansion is proceeding in an orderly manner, but they're still behind where most Central American states are in their position.
*They've also spawned around a dozen or so statelets. The Lenca Republic is the most notable state founded by aboriginal Hondurans, while the Democratic Republic of Mexico is the least sane of the farmer states.
*The U.C.A.S. is a stable, sorta corrupt, conservative democracy that is trying its best to bring its statelets back into the fold. Costa Rica and Jamaica are the only cases in which they've had any success thus far.
*The United States of America has reformed, from Americans in Turkey, Albania, and to a lesser extent, Gabon and Honduras (those who survived the dark times, anyway). These days, however, English is only one of the languages of choice, Albanian, Spanish, and Kurdish all being almost as common, with English barely maintaining a plurality.
*In terms of settlements, it's one of the most successful reformed Americas, but in terms of cultural purity, as much of that as America ever had anyway, it's very low.

Europe/Middle East/Africa
*Andorra, as a landlocked food importer, didn't fare very well in the events post-transit, and when Turkey discovered that they came to this world, it was annexed rather unceremoniously and without the Andorran people's consent. These days, there aren't enough Andorrans around to protest, thanks to assimilation and most having left their homeland. Like Morocco's annexation of Monaco on World-3, the only thing left of Andorra is the architecture.
*Turkey's the big man on campus. After the I.S.O.T., they were the most populous, richest, most powerful state on World-6. Erdogan, when presented with virtually no limits, turned Turkey into an Islamofascist state essentially overnight.
*These days, it's 'mellowed out' into a state-directed theocratic natalist meritocracy with hints of democracy on the local level.
*Turkey's settled quite a bit of land, and this is mostly due to the state developing their version of Islam into something not unlike Quiverfull in Anglo-Christianity.
*The expansion is surprisingly unfocused and general, meaning that the statelets spawned from minority groups in Turkey have time to flourish.
*Mecca's been rebuilt, but to reinforce the idea that Turkey is the state chosen by Allah, it's direct Turkish territory.
*There are small, sensible states. Zazastan, built in *Tunisia, or the Northern Kurds, who moved as far as way from Turkey as they could get, and wound up setting up a farming/fishing state on the North Sea, or the Christian Republic of Turkey, which is keeping the tradition of Christ alive under Turkish influence.
*Then there's Kurdistan and Circassia, large statelets on par with modern-day Gabon and the Union of Pacific Isles. The original fascist Turkish state kicked out the Kurds almost immediately after taking power, and the largest state found prosperity in the Gibraltar Strait. (The other made a state on the Persian Gulf, and was re-annexed by Turkey sixty years after foundation.) Circassia just had a bunch of people, good leadership, and good fortune.
*There are also the crazy states. There's a cultist state on the southern part of the Nile, led by a man who claims he's the Mahdi, and it regularly practices human sacrifice and the worst parts of Islamic fundamentalism. Just beginning to show up on Turkey's radar, who doesn't like the 'Mahdi's claim that they're a decadent state that must be destroyed, so they're gearing up for a drone strike.
*Gabonese and Honduran Catholics with Turkish supervision, rebuilt the Vatican. Turkey and Albania are limiting them to only the limits of Rome, however.
*Albania's under heavy Turkish influence, and has had discussions about outright joining Turkey. Nandi Xhaferi, a noted Albanian politician, has a famous quote about the topic. "We've already been under the Turks once, why do it again?"
*Albania is a stable, conservative democracy, and only managed to stay that way because of Turkish food shipments and heavy fishing. Thankfully, such problems have been solved by Albanian expansion.
*Albania and Turkey are arguing over which of them will get to claim the rest of the Italian peninsula.
*Gabon was a prosperous liberal (for Africa, anyway) democracy before the I.S.O.T., and that attribute has sort of maintained itself. They had quite a few problems with food shortages. Those were eventually solved, but not without a few food riots that went disastrously. The Mbede, Kota, and Punu founded their own states out of protest.
*Thanks to Turkey, Gabon's a lot more Muslim than it was before transit. Most Gabonese Catholics and Christians are living in the U.C.A.S. or the Vatican nowadays.

Asia/Oceania
*Kyrgyzstan, after nearly splitting apart due to food shortages, has recovered.
*The Kazakhs have state around Lake Balkhash, and the Russians trekked to the Caspian Sea, only to be immediately under Turkish influence. Them's the breaks, I guess.
*Kyrgyzstan has decentralized quite a bit since the I.S.O.T., and it's getting harder and harder to tell that it's all one nation. The isolation helps. The rebuilt Internet and occasional flights from Turkey are Kyrgyzstan's only contact with the outside world.
*Singapore collapsed. Fishing can only do so much when you have a small state with five million people and god knows how many angry foreigners and tourists. Singapore was probably a worse place to live than Honduras at its worst, and even at its best in the modern day, is still probably the worst place to live on Earth, outside of the really nutty Islamic fundamentalist states.
*There are around a dozen or fifteen Singaporean successor states, most of whom claim to be the legitimate one. Turkish sailors have given them knowledge of modern farming techniques, but have otherwise left them alone. That will likely last until Turkey gets around to fully settling the Indian Ocean, whereupon the sheer cultural pressure will likely result in them becoming its client states.
*The Islamic Republic of Indus is a rather decent place to live. It's one of the farthest away Turkey-spawned statelets, but it is otherwise not a terribly interesting place. Under Turkish influence, despite its wishes.
*Vanuatu, Tonga, and Palau, after a long period of loneliness and thinking they were the only nations on Earth, eventually unified under the Union of Pacific Isles. Capital in Port Vila, former Vanuatu, the U.P.I.'s goal at the moment is to maintain the shipping link between the isles. They're looking into starting a few colonies on New Zealand, but their population is small enough that the Fijian and Solomon Islander farms are sufficient to supply their non-seafood needs, so they haven't yet bothered. Contact's been made with U.C.A.S. and Turkish sailors, but not much more than that. The Internet is the main source of outside interaction for them.

World
*Dominated almost entirely by Islam and related religions. Christianity has largely been pushed out of Gabon, and the U.C.A.S. is the largest refuge of Catholicism left. It's still thriving in the U.P.I., however, and doing okay in the Singaporean successors.
*Tech levels is roughly 2030s, with that mostly focused into weapons and military technology, as well as agritech. The Turks have put up quite a few satellites for Internet connection and other such modern amenities.
*Space travel is a pipe dream outside of that, though. A Turkish company's sent a rover up to Luna as a prestige peace, and that's basically the limit of that.

World-7 will contain Mozambique, Niger, Greece, Turkmenistan, Haiti, Cyprus, Ecuador, Kenya, Eritrea, and Iceland. Any questions, comments, thoughts?

I really like this one, my one qualm being that there seems to be quite a lot of Turkish presence in the connection to former Andorra, which seems a bit much simply to annex a small statelet.

Last edited:

Jcw3

Banned
I really like this one, my one qualm beating that there seems to be quite a lot of Turkish presence in the connection to former Andorra, which seems a bit much simply to annex a small statelet.

That came after the annexation, not before. Originally, it was just a railroad or two, but nowadays? The descendants of Andorrans, as well as Turks, melding together to expand out from Andorra. It's a good place to get away from Anarka's despotism while not drawing its ire, so it's popular for more liberal Turks.

My ISOT map: all Countries with a Monarchy!
e5p6IvR.png

The world had a bit of a rocky start in the first few months, but everything stabled out in the first few years. Having several nations with a High QOL and GDP (Canada, Australia, Norway, Japan, England) ect. help the world immensely. Currently. in the Year 2216, the world is a safe place. The United Nations Changed its headquarters to London after the ISOT, but stayed strong throughout the years. Colonization has been a fad for the past Century or so, and shows no signs of stopping. Currently, the ASEAN nations have been a rising power, but nothing really matches the Nordic group, the Commonwealth, or Japan. Some people have left their countries to rebuild their nationalities. The Major ones being Mexicans, Americans, Brazilians, French, Italians, Chinese, Koreans, and Filipinos. Technology is around where our world will be in the mid-2100's.

God save our gracious Queen!
Long live our noble Queen!
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the Queen!

God save our gracious Queen!
Long live our noble Queen!
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the Queen!

Claps

It's a good day for the queen! I took some invitation in Canda from your map, as a fellow Canuk.

@XyWolf What's going on in South Africa?

EDIT: Also, did all the Koreans come from immigration elsewhere, or did the ISOT count North Korea as a monarchy?

Both Lethoso and Swaziland are monarchy's, and expanded outward a bit. Both are relit fly stable, but have some of the lowest QOL in the world, but good for our standards.

Korea is a resettlement state for foreign nationals, and those wanting to get away from Japan a bit.

(The Norks will be in my Next ISOT map) though.

And to give a non-Isot map:

1993, the Treaty of Casablanca ends the Nigerian War. The USSA is left with a rump puppet in the South-West while most of the nation falls into Islamist hands and the oil rich south east is given a democratic government. Meanwhile the South African Civil War rages on once more after a five year ceasefire falls apart. Officially the fighting is sparked by Government troops straying across a ceasefire line, but in reality the issue centres around the loss of German support (a scandal involving arms smuggling by German officials via Switzerland tarred every major Germany political party and a naive minor leftist party stumbled into power in the next election, relations with various white colonist regimes in Africa quickly fell apart as did those with Switzerland).

Suffering from humiliation the ruling Junta in the USSA is pushed from power and Herman Godwin edges his way into power. Unfortunately for everyone Godwin is a ruthless and paranoid hardliner who launches a crackdown on civil liberties. There is also a push for a manned mission to Mars, something the Russians have not yet begun to plan (they've had bad luck with Mars rovers), and promises Americans will set foot on Mars before the Millenium is out.

Meanwhile fears over a French collapse put everyone on bated breath when Germany pulls out of her occupation sector. Luckily the French factions are able to retain unity over calling for Switzerland to return annexed lands and a push to invest in rural portions of the country. Russian forces remain in case the USSA tries anything from Brittany.

Sadly Australia's stumbling steps towards democracy and openess are reversed following outrage that they have supplied South Africa with nuclear weapons, though the South African government has been unable to find a use for such weapons when battling against primarily guerilla campaign.
reversecold.png

Dunno if anyone remembers my old Medieval America timeline, but I've rediscovered my interest and made this map laying out the nations of my home state of Arizona.

8edtco2.png

Last edited:
My own 'Red America, White Russia' map series. If I'd known Beedok was going to update her series, I wouldn't have bothered!

1919:

The POD is back in 1912, when Teddy manages to become Republican nominee and beat Wilson. He takes the US into WW1 early, and enacts even more restrictive legislation on hyphenated Americans and perceived radicals. He loses in 1916 to a peace Democrat, who just so happens to be Henry Ford. Things get even worse and spiral out of control. Revolution breaks out in America and by the time of the map, the 'Blues' are on the run and crumbling before the Reds. A government in exile has established itself in Panama City, and retains control of much of the Navy which ties together the other protectorates and territories with foreign help.

The Second American Revolution motivated the Entente to do more in Russia and have helped to install a strongman military dictator to set things in order. China is collapsing and Japan has designs on the Pacific.

Europe is hammering out the new world order at Versailles, tomorrow is yet to come.

redamerica1919.png

Status
Not open for further replies.