Future Province Map - Discussion

No. The only changes would be names if, for example, there was more than one town of Andover in the Massachusetts province.
Okay. I think I will start working on sub-divisions of provinces, then.
icon2.gif

VT45

Banned
Okay. I think I will start working on sub-divisions of provinces, then.
icon2.gif

Before you tackle California, Texas, or Florida, tell me and I'll give you closeups of them, because I question my accuracy on the global map of subdivisions in those states.

@Krall: The first impetus was the the discovery of intelligent extraterrestrial life in the mid-21st century and opening of formal relations with them. By the mid-22nd century, the whole planet was united.

Before you tackle California, Texas, or Florida, tell me and I'll give you closeups of them, because I question my accuracy on the global map of subdivisions in those states.

@Krall: The first impetus was the the discovery of intelligent extraterrestrial life in the mid-21st century and opening of formal relations with them. By the mid-22nd century, the whole planet was united.
Well I was thinking about making up the sub-subdivisions instead of using present-day ones. I could use present-day sub-subdivisions on some provinces though.

VT45

Banned
No, I mean, I split those states into multiple provinces. Also, New York is more than one province. Long Island plus Brooklyn and Queens is its own province, Staten Island belongs to New Jersey, and everything else is the province of New York.

No, I mean, I split those states into multiple provinces. Also, New York is more than one province. Long Island plus Brooklyn and Queens is its own province, Staten Island belongs to New Jersey, and everything else is the province of New York.
I understand now. Thanks.:)

VT45

Banned
I'll post them now, just while I'm thinking about it.

EDIT: Crap, I jpg'd it! So sorry, euio!

Provincial Subdivisions.jpg

Why would there be so many provinces? You could tone S. America down to at the most a dozen provinces, and Arabia one province!

This looks like an ASB got drunk and decided to come up with the wackiest way to Balkanize the planet!

Dont take this in any wya personally though. i just find the map a bit....flustered? angry? crazy? confused? I dont know the right word.

Why would there be so many provinces? You could tone S. America down to at the most a dozen provinces, and Arabia one province!

This looks like an ASB got drunk and decided to come up with the wackiest way to Balkanize the planet!

Dont take this in any wya personally though. i just find the map a bit....flustered? angry? crazy? confused? I dont know the right word.
Each province has 2 million people in it, except a few in Asia.

VT45

Banned
It's ok. I went with 10 million b/c it's a nice round number, plus 2 million per province would've caused me a fatal headache.

Krall

Banned
If it was 2 million, Vietnam would be around 50 provinces.

China + India would probably be around 1500... :eek:

VT45

Banned
Yeah, they're not. They're subdivided as far as they would go, having to combine some provinces b/c believe it or not, there are areas there (like Tibet) with fewer than 10 million people living in them.