Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

And now a map of what Napoleon was prepared to give up in order to keep his alliance with the Tsar:

Europe 1812 Napoleon plan for Portugal and possible plan for Russia what he would sacrifice to k.png

Quite nice. But why would Napoleon give up being King of Italy in order to unify it with Naples and Sicily? Or did he simply annex those to Italy so he would be the king of that area as well? And what are your sources for the Austrians in Saxony? Not a criticism, just wondering on your sources as it seems very interesting.

EDIT: I see from the last page it is that Napoleon becomes King of Italy for the southern portions as well. Still, odd he would do that instead of keeping his sister and others around. Perhaps he got bored with his old in-laws, their intense loyalty be damned.

Quite nice. But why would Napoleon give up being King of Italy in order to unify it with Naples and Sicily? Or did he simply annex those to Italy so he would be the king of that area as well?

I believe it was the latter.

And what are your sources for the Austrians in Saxony? Not a criticism, just wondering on your sources as it seems very interesting.

I didn't take it negatively. It isn't my source. This is a map I did in 2011 based off another map that I think Romul had posted around that time showing the French invasion of Russia and attempts or plans to set up a Lithuanian puppet state. The only changes I made to the map were in Portugal, Spain, Italy and Finland.

EDIT: I see from the last page it is that Napoleon becomes King of Italy for the southern portions as well. Still, odd he would do that instead of keeping his sister and others around. Perhaps he got bored with his old in-laws, their intense loyalty be damned.

Yes, who knows? :D

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
I wonder, whats the area of the american reservation? could you physically fit the entire US population in ~1945 in it?

It's a third of the Trans-Pecos region, so at a rough estimate, about 25,529 km2. Population is 139,928,165, so we're looking at 5481 per km2. In the Trans Pecos region. Which is desert.

... What did he give up?

The Grand Duchy of Warsaw, it would seem. Though I imagine the Czar would want his earlier treaties to be honed, meaning Napoleon gave his German relatives back their land. After all, the Russians left the Danubian Principalities and gave the French the Ionions on their side of the bargain. Of course, the Russians also had the booty of their portion of Poland to begin with. Also, didn't the Czar have some alliance requiring French aid against Turkey? Might be. Good map if someone can find the details.

That's not really a proposal or war aim: IIRC, that map's a historian's idea of what a "less manifest destiny" US might look like.

Pretty neat, I will admit.

Here's my first map attempt. You can see it in the alternate Congress of Vienna thread too.
Red-Serbia and Montenegro (new state, Russian client)
Orange-Ottaman Empire
Purple-Russia (gained Moldavia)
Green-Poland
Brown-Austria (gained Venice and part of Bavaria)
Light Brown-Bosnia (autonomous region of Austria)
Pink-Westphalia (new state, successor to Rhine Confederation)
Blue-Baden-Wurttemburg (gained part of Bavaria)
Yellow-Thuringia(new state)
Grey-Prussia (Gains territory in central Germany, including northern Saxony)
Light Green-Saxony (Moves south, gains from Bavaria but losses to Prussia)

Is this an actual OTL proposal or something you came up with? If the latter it isn't what this thread is for.....