Map of the Fortnight: Main thread

I'm curious as to what Hero of the Day, Vampire of the Night actually entails.

Like, what's meant by "unpleasant side-effect"?

Krall

Banned
I'm curious as to what Hero of the Day, Vampire of the Night actually entails.

Like, what's meant by "unpleasant side-effect"?

I believe it covers pretty much anything that's not a military action or its direct result - things like famine, disease, destruction of infrastructure, civilian casualties, destruction of historical locations/artefacts, etc. Anything negative that was not part of the military action itself, basically.

Krall

Banned
Into the Black Hole: Make a map of a terribly dystopian nation (far worse than OTL).

Is it only the one nation that needs to be dystopian, or the whole world? If it's only the one nation, would countries like North Korea and Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge from OTL meet the requirements?

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Is it only the one nation that needs to be dystopian, or the whole world? If it's only the one nation, would countries like North Korea and Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge from OTL meet the requirements?

I believe the description requires these nations to be Far worse.

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring with my suggestion;

The Fifteenth Point-Make a Map that depicts an alternate division of the Central Powers (or Entente) in the aftermath of the First World War.

I presume just one nation, although the entire world might need to be dystopian to foster those conditions in the first place. But that shouldn't be a requirement, of course. And no, I think it'd need to be even worse than that.

Krall

Banned
I presume just one nation, although the entire world might need to be dystopian to foster those conditions in the first place. But that shouldn't be a requirement, of course. And no, I think it'd need to be even worse than that.

What would be required to qualify for that challenge, then?

Krall

Banned
Oh, I'd say it'd be a loose requirement. It doesn't NEED to be worse than OTL, because it's subjective; but it'd be nice if each individual person tried to do that.

Alright, I wanted to be clear on the requirements as "In to the Black Hole" currently the most popular challenge, so it will be the challenge for MotF 129. I'll be using the challenge text "Make a map showing a dystopian country", so entries similar to modern North Korea or Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge will be accepted.

Alright, I wanted to be clear on the requirements as "In to the Black Hole" currently the most popular challenge, so it will be the challenge for MotF 129. I'll be using the challenge text "Make a map showing a dystopian country", so entries similar to modern North Korea or Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge will be accepted.

Perfectly fine. :)

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
693921709722980646.jpg

Krall

Banned
The entry period for MotF 129 is nearing its end, but at present we only have 2 entries. I've received one PM from someone who wants an extension, but is there anyone else here who wants one? I understand this is Finals Week for some of you, and so you can't dedicate as much time as you'd like for your entries.