28 Days Later - Death of a Nation

LONDONS QUALITY NEWSPAPER
THE EVENING STANDARD

Search for antidote page 2|Who will stop them? page 3|Refugee crisis looms page 4
EVACUATION
Mass exodus of British people causes global chaos

...Blair declares a state of emergency...

...Military ordered "shoot to kill"...

...Army blockades overrun...

...UN to build giant refugee camps...

...Chaos at all London airports...

...Navy patrols British waters...

...Powercuts hit Scotland...

...All motorways around London gridlocked...

So there are thouands of potential stories to be told from this universe. So instead of hogging it all myself ill extend a welcome to anyone who wants to add their own input whether that be adding to the overall timeline, POV stories, news reports ect

60 Minutes interview 9/23/2009

Fmr. SecState Colin Powell on the early days of the outbreak

Obviously Prime Minister Blair was occupied for most of the day, however we managed to speak on the phone at least once a week, as did the the President. Jack Straw (then SecState-Forgn/Cmmwth Affs.) was who I was in near constant communication with during the early days of the crisis in Britain.

It's well known that Straw tried to get NATO involved, was there any push from President Bush to put boots on the ground?

Absolutely not, the president felt that the quarantine was the best hope to keep the virus contained for as long as possible in Britain while providing some support to the British forces. arms, supplies and things, all airlifted of course. And I know that some of the "free Andy Harris" types thought we were being inhumane, especially in light of the later European outbreak. But what if Rage had spread to Europe and then the US? This country may not even be here right now if it hadn't been for the quarantine.

[Interview is paused as Colin Powell's staff reminds Anderson Cooper's producer to stay away from topics dealing with the "Code Red" incident]

Mr Secretary, I'd like to talk about the London Embassy situation if that's ok.

That's fine.

When was it decided to lock down the embassy.

I gave the instruction to implement security procedures on May 10th. Ambassador Farrish was moved from Winfield (US ambassador's residence) to the Embassy where he remained for the duration. The man was nervous, he was a supporter of the President and got the job the previous year as a political thank you. Most ambassadorships back before the collapse of the UK were given out to political supporters

So you would say that he wasn't qualified for the job?

For this crisis? Who could be qualified. To his credit though he managed to arrange using his old business contacts several chartered aircraft for evacuation of american citizens. Most however were caught up in the official evacuations organized by the British Government, only a few hundred made it out on their flights because of the government's decision to limit airlifting to British nationals. One that was understandable, if not a slap in the face.

When did the decision to evacuate the embassy come down?

The President left the decision entirely to me, and that came down when Straw stopped returning my phone calls. I could reach the remains of his staff, but from what I understood Mr Straw had fled London like some of his fellow cabinet members. That was also when the pentagon had reported that the army barricades were being breached. Well over half the embassies in London had shut down at that point, and we were already in the process of moving non essential personnel either north or over to Europe. The CIA had already ordered classified material destroyed 48 hours earlier, the regular staff had strict instructions to destroy all visa application material, the Marines had already seen three deserters; pandemonium was how Will Farrish described the situation. I spoke to him for the final time 12 hours before Blair left the capital. The British Army had airlifted half the remaining staff out of the building, Ambassador Farrish and the remaining marines had barricaded all the doors and lower level windows. I was speaking to him through a portable satellite phone, something had happened to the generator so the main lines and more importantly the security systems were all down. Even though there was a panic room on sub level 2 the Ambassador made the decision to wait it out on the top floor so they could get to the helicopter that never came. Last phone call the state department recieved said that some infected had breached the lobby, but that the top floor had been secured as a precaution. By then the British Army was busy moving Blair's government out of London and no helicopter could be sent. We tried 6 times to reestablish communication, but by then the embassy had gone dark; satellite surveillance was inconclusive. It wasn't until we reentered the embassy months later that we learned what happened to Farrish and the staff.

Last edited:
ANDREW HARRIS DEAD!
Butcher of Europe Executed​

Commonwealth Times- September 20th, 2015​

Andrew Harris was executed by firing squad at 3:08am GMT at an undisclosed location believed to be the Diego Garcia military facility in the Indian Ocean. Harris was the worlds only known living carrier of the Rage Virus that devastated the UK and Europe over a decade ago. After exhausting all appeals to the International Court of Justice, Harris was put to death for his role in spreading the Rage Virus to Europe. Government officials confirmed that his remains were cremated, thus destroying the only remaining source of the Rage Virus in the world.

Savior or Murderer?
"The trial of the 21st century" as it was called was one of the most polarizing event of the entire world since the end of the Rage Epidemic in Europe. His existence was unknown until 2008 when NSA employee William Branden leaked multiple classified documents on US activities including the fact they held a carrier of the Rage Virus suspected to be Patient Zero for the European outbreak. President Bush acknowledged Harris' existence a month later, and confirmed that he was being studied to determine how to harness his carrier abilities to eventually develop the Rage Vaccine. Once the French and German Governments had been reestablished in 2010, they began to call for his head, naming him the Butcher of Europe, and a 21st Century Hitler. The US Government under President Clinton turned him over to the ICJ for prosecution once he turned 18. He was tried as an accessory to mass genocide along with his deceased sister Tammy Harris, and deceased US Army Pilot Clifford Flynn.

The Center of Two Outbreaks
Testimony from Harris and NATO personnel confirmed that Harris' mother Alice was like him a carrier, and was patient zero for the second UK outbreak that preceded the Code Red Incident in London. Harris recounted his journey during "Code Red" that led him and his sister to come across their infected father, who in turn infected Andy before being killed by Tammy; Doyle then found them and airlifted them to France, where Harris then infected them both. Harris was found some hours later by French Police, and was turned over to the french military, and then NATO where he was airlifted of the continent and into isolation where he remained for the rest of his life. the three judge panel ruled that while his sister and Clifford Doyle were ultimately responsible for transporting the virus, Harris ultimately spread it and should have known that he may have been carrying it after being bitten by his father. Citing the ICJ's criminal reform act of 2009, the three judges voted unanimously to invoke the death penalty, stressing that this was due to Harris' unique status as a danger to all humanity and that his crimes would otherwise entitle him to life imprisonment; Harris only testified via written statements.

"Free Andy Harris"
almost immediately after his existence was acknowledged some groups argued for him to be released from wherever he was being held, saying that he was being treated inhumanly and being held without probable cause. Citing his age at the time (9) many argued whether he could be reasonably tried for his actions despite the staggering death toll he enabled. Former US President George W. Bush has taking the brunt of the criticism as multiple requests for records about what experiments were performed on Harris went unanswered. The forces pushing for his freedom never became coherent or large enough to force any kind of position change on his imprisonment; fear of the rage virus is still a major issue around the world even as the WHO estimates vaccine distribution has reached over 75% of the world's population.

Legacy
Hated worldwide for what he carried in his blood, Andrew Harris will be known for many decades to come as the Butcher of Europe. Despite this, without him the discovery of the Rage Immunity and subsequent development of the Rage Vaccine may not have been possible in the short timespan we've seen. Without a live host, and presumably all remaining samples destroyed, most medical experts believe the chance of a new strain of Rage immune to the vaccine are slim to none. The Prime Minister's office has yet to issue any kind of formal comment besides the announcement early this morning, however sources believe an address to the nation by the PM will be forthcoming. Andrew Harris was 21 years old.

Only publicly available photograph of Andrew Harris (age 9) was recovered from District One during the cleanup operation. The US Government has not released any other material from his time in captivity.

125146-t1.jpg

125146-t1.jpg

Last edited:
The whole Harris family was eaten alive by the Rage virus along with a good section of Europe-a very tragic and appalling situation all around and hopefully the blame will ultimately rest on those who created the virus.

And those morons who released it...

Blue Moon

Banned
And those morons who released it...
To me they don't deserve equal blame as they didn't know what they were releasing. They were attempting to free chimps being experimented on not trying to destroy Britain and most of Europe. The people who created it and kept it in such an unsecure location deserve the lions share of the blame.

To me they don't deserve equal blame as they didn't know what they were releasing. They were attempting to free chimps being experimented on not trying to destroy Britain and most of Europe. The people who created it and kept it in such an unsecure location deserve the lions share of the blame.

If they didn't know what they were releasing then they shouldn't have released it. Or maybe, you know, found out. If they knew enough about the facility to break in then they should know something about what's happening there.

If I release all the prisoners on death row because I disagree with the death penalty am I then free from responsibility if one of them goes on a killing spree because I didn't know what I was releasing?

If there is justice ones hopes the same applies to everyone in the lab involved in its creation and insecure storage.

In the graphic novel it was mentioned one of the scientists survived the initial outbreak but was killed by a survivor after she realised what he had done.

If they didn't know what they were releasing then they shouldn't have released it. Or maybe, you know, found out. If they knew enough about the facility to break in then they should know something about what's happening there.

If I release all the prisoners on death row because I disagree with the death penalty am I then free from responsibility if one of them goes on a killing spree because I didn't know what I was releasing?

I have to agree with this, if you don't know what you're doing then DON'T DO IT!

But agreed, a facility like that in a heavily-populated area was just asking for disaster - a monkey breaks loose, bites someone and/or manages to get out somehow...

60 Minutes interview 9/23/2009

Fmr. SecState Colin Powell on the early days of the outbreak

Obviously Prime Minister Blair was occupied for most of the day, however we managed to speak on the phone at least once a week, as did the the President. Jack Straw (then SecState-Forgn/Cmmwth Affs.) was who I was in near constant communication with during the early days of the crisis in Britain.

It's well known that Straw tried to get NATO involved, was there any push from President Bush to put boots on the ground?

Absolutely not, the president felt that the quarantine was the best hope to keep the virus contained for as long as possible in Britain while providing some support to the British forces. arms, supplies and things, all airlifted of course. And I know that some of the "free Andy Harris" types thought we were being inhumane, especially in light of the later European outbreak. But what if Rage had spread to Europe and then the US? This country may not even be here right now if it hadn't been for the quarantine.

[Interview is paused as Colin Powell's staff reminds Anderson Cooper's producer to stay away from topics dealing with the "Code Red" incident]

Mr Secretary, I'd like to talk about the London Embassy situation if that's ok.

That's fine.

When was it decided to lock down the embassy.

I gave the instruction to implement security procedures on May 10th. Ambassador Farrish was moved from Winfield (US ambassador's residence) to the Embassy where he remained for the duration. The man was nervous, he was a supporter of the President and got the job the previous year as a political thank you. Most ambassadorships back before the collapse of the UK were given out to political supporters

So you would say that he wasn't qualified for the job?

For this crisis? Who could be qualified. To his credit though he managed to arrange using his old business contacts several chartered aircraft for evacuation of american citizens. Most however were caught up in the official evacuations organized by the British Government, only a few hundred made it out on their flights because of the government's decision to limit airlifting to British nationals. One that was understandable, if not a slap in the face.

When did the decision to evacuate the embassy come down?

The President left the decision entirely to me, and that came down when Straw stopped returning my phone calls. I could reach the remains of his staff, but from what I understood Mr Straw had fled London like some of his fellow cabinet members. That was also when the pentagon had reported that the army barricades were being breached. Well over half the embassies in London had shut down at that point, and we were already in the process of moving non essential personnel either north or over to Europe. The CIA had already ordered classified material destroyed 48 hours earlier, the regular staff had strict instructions to destroy all visa application material, the Marines had already seen three deserters; pandemonium was how Will Farrish described the situation. I spoke to him for the final time 12 hours before Blair left the capital. The British Army had airlifted half the remaining staff out of the building, Ambassador Farrish and the remaining marines had barricaded all the doors and lower level windows. I was speaking to him through a portable satellite phone, something had happened to the generator so the main lines and more importantly the security systems were all down. Even though there was a panic room on sub level 2 the Ambassador made the decision to wait it out on the top floor so they could get to the helicopter that never came. Last phone call the state department recieved said that some infected had breached the lobby, but that the top floor had been secured as a precaution. By then the British Army was busy moving Blair's government out of London and no helicopter could be sent. We tried 6 times to reestablish communication, but by then the embassy had gone dark; satellite surveillance was inconclusive. It wasn't until we reentered the embassy months later that we learned what happened to Farrish and the staff.

Hope to see more of this :)

The thing that most got me was that the helicopter from the UK was allowed to get anywhere near France at all. It should have been obliterated the second it was over open water....

The thing that most got me was that the helicopter from the UK was allowed to get anywhere near France at all. It should have been obliterated the second it was over open water....

I have to agree with this, but as the pilot was pretty good you must guess it flew in below radar. And being that the problem was supposedly solved and word might not have gotten out yet that it had resurfaced the French authorities might not have been as vigilant as they should have been...

Does anyone have any idea on how long food supplies would last once Britain was quarantined? Though the army would step in to help with protecting supermarkets and distribution of supplies, there would be no more aid coming in.

Does anyone have any idea on how long food supplies would last once Britain was quarantined? Though the army would step in to help with protecting supermarkets and distribution of supplies, there would be no more aid coming in.

With the population dwindling rapidly it might last a while. But getting it distributed will be the really hard part...