Map Telephone

For those of that who never had the pleasure of pretending like we have dinner with Native Americans, when is that? ;)

Late November-ish?

It was agreed on AH.com Survival Minecraft Server, and quite informal at first, but I think we'd need to be more clear on the "rules" before launching the second edition.
As in giving an hard limit on text accompanying the maps, as well as the size of the latter.

I think some combination of the two (a dead telephone if you will).
That is maps with a limited amount of text and the next one has to logically fit in with it albeit in a new direction.

Late November-ish?

It was agreed on AH.com Survival Minecraft Server, and quite informal at first, but I think we'd need to be more clear on the "rules" before launching the second edition.
As in giving an hard limit on text accompanying the maps, as well as the size of the latter.
4th Thursday of November. This year, it's the 26th.

Upvoteanthology --> LSCatilina --> Zalezsky --> Alex Richards --> Krall --> Reagent --> Nanwe (?) --> Minnesota_Nationalist (?) --> islander (?) -->ToixStory

Possible lineup for the next round. I kinda already made a map for it, so whenever people are ready to start I can share mine. :eek:

Upvoteanthology --> LSCatilina --> Zalezsky --> Alex Richards --> Krall --> Reagent --> Nanwe (?) --> Minnesota_Nationalist (?) --> islander (?) -->ToixStory

Possible lineup for the next round. I kinda already made a map for it, so whenever people are ready to start I can share mine. :eek:

Sounds good by me

Could we work a bit on rules and limitations about map size, and how much text (and which kind) should be put before?

Krall

Banned
Could we work a bit on rules and limitations about map size, and how much text (and which kind) should be put before?

Oh, yes we should work that out before we start the second round. What amount of text do you all think is reasonable? The text on my map was about 400 words (excluding labels, titles, etc.) so we should aim for lower than that, I think.

Oh, yes we should work that out before we start the second round. What amount of text do you all think is reasonable? The text on my map was about 400 words (excluding labels, titles, etc.) so we should aim for lower than that, I think.
I'd say 50 words at most. Enough for province or key labels, but not enough to write a full paragraph. We could also just allow 100, and trust that people will be responsible enough not to write a full synopsis.

May I join into the game, as well?
I don't see why not!

Upvoteanthology --> LSCatilina --> Zalezsky --> Alex Richards --> Krall --> Reagent --> Nanwe --> Minnesota_Nationalist --> islander --> PiratePartyist --> TurkishCapybara

I was more thinking of a text limitation EXCEPT the map key : if we can trust participants to moderate themselves in such basic stuff, the whole game is hopeless, to be honest.

That said, a 100-ish limits should be good. If you really want to pull more text, maybe "censor" a variant of the map you'll give to the next person, and eventually give the full version when all is done?

As for the size of the map : I'd propose people to get limited at around a A5-like size in order to have relatively coherent enough sizes.

50 words seems like a reasonable maximum.

I'm not sure I can 1748*2480, I always make my maps pretty large (like 2450*4800). I don't think their should be a true size limit beyond the extremes like 10,000*8,000 like I once did.

I suggest also making it so that a map has to focus on a region/country instead of a world map, but I doubt anyone would make a world map.

So something roughly like: 1748 x 2480 pixels?

Very roughly.

I don't think their should be a true size limit.
Yes it should be such.
1) I've already an hard time to upload some maps with a jury-rigged internet connection
2) Too large maps are likely to be empty and uninteresting
3) Even if it was going to be detailed as hell, it would take too long to be made
4) It would allow to better compare map and follow up the transmission.

but I doubt anyone would make a world map.
I don't see why not : Krall's map basically is, only on the world known in medieval Eurasia+Africa