Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Ahh, looks like that last war was fun. Seems in the negotiations the Chinese thought they beat the Jaoanese and we're ready to make the Shogun King of Japan as a vassal while the Japanese thought the Chinese were ready to surrender and make the Shogun their Emperor. Or at least according for Wikipedia. Would be interesting for an ISOT that had a Chinese serving Japan meeting a Japanese owned portion of the mainland. And seems the war ended partially because southern Japanese lords wanted trade to start again, with the Koreans wanting to get rid of the Chinese who were as bad as the Japanese.

The main change between the first and second maps was the success of the Chinese beating back the Japanese in the spring of 1593, and the Japanese retreating as far back as Seoul. Then the Chinese delayed a continued attack, leading to their own disastrous attack against a fortified Kaesong. Plenty of fuckups to go around.

Has anyone done the Bakker Schut-plan in Qbam and worlda?

Bakker_Schut-plan.PNG

I feel we are getting off track from things proposed by historical figures into a regular map thread. Perhaps people have information from various sources they would like to tell about, so others can make maps from them? Perhaps try things from Strange Maps or try to remake those from the beginning of his archives before the images vanished?

I'd love to see war plans and proposals from the French Revolutionary wars and the Napoleonic Wars, including the War of 1812.

I'd love to see war plans and proposals from the French Revolutionary wars and the Napoleonic Wars, including the War of 1812.

I second that 'request'.

Ask and you will receive!

Let's put the thread back on track. Here's a tiny patch of Portugal's future according to the 1807 Treaty of Fontainebleau between Napoleon and Spain, signed just before the invasion of Portugal. It was to be put in place after Portugal was completely occupied. A perfect (and historically accurate) addition to any Alt Peninsular war TL's:cool:

The green state at the top is the "Kingdom of North Lusitania", which was to be ruled by the former King of Etruria.

The gold state is the "Principality of the Algarves", which was to be given to the "Prince of Peace" according to the treaty. I believe this was a title of Manuel Godoy:confused:, who was Prime Minister of Spain, so he mostly likely would have been Prince of the Algarves.

The blue is rump Portugal, occupied by France. The treaty states that it was to be given back to the Baranza family in exchange for Gibraltar, Trinidad, and other British colonies after a general peace. (if my Spanish isn't too rusty that is, there's no English text of the treaty)

That's the only Napoleonic Era plan I know of, but if anyone knows others I'm more than willing to map them.

Fontainebleau1807.png

Interesting that OTL Serbia and Romania did even better than that (well, I guess Yugoslavia didn't get _quite_ that much Hungary).

I second that 'request'.

Ask and you will receive!

Let's put the thread back on track. Here's a tiny patch of Portugal's future according to the 1807 Treaty of Fontainebleau between Napoleon and Spain, signed just before the invasion of Portugal. It was to be put in place after Portugal was completely occupied. A perfect (and historically accurate) addition to any Alt Peninsular war TL's:cool:

The green state at the top is the "Kingdom of North Lusitania", which was to be ruled by the former King of Etruria.

The gold state is the "Principality of the Algarves", which was to be given to the "Prince of Peace" according to the treaty. I believe this was a title of Manuel Godoy:confused:, who was Prime Minister of Spain, so he mostly likely would have been Prince of the Algarves.

The blue is rump Portugal, occupied by France. The treaty states that it was to be given back to the Baranza family in exchange for Gibraltar, Trinidad, and other British colonies after a general peace. (if my Spanish isn't too rusty that is, there's no English text of the treaty)

That's the only Napoleonic Era plan I know of, but if anyone knows others I'm more than willing to map them.

These maps were done before I think. I seem to remember Romul once doing a global map of Napoleonic plans for Russia.

I have a few of these types of maps (from 2009-2011).

Here is the first - Napoleonic plans for western Europe (ignore everything east of Warsaw):

- Portugal was to be divided into 3 as oofo noted. Also the plan was to restore Portugal in the rump area of Portugal in exchange for Gibraltar being handed back to Spain. Also the Kingdom of Italy and the Kingdom of Naples were to be united in some way (I think the Kingdom of Naples was to be joined to the Kingdom of Italy...and of course the King of Italy was none other than..Napoleon Bonaparte himself).

Europe 1812 Napoleon plan for Portugal - Portugal was supposed to be restored in its rump for in.png

Last edited:
The global map showing the possible plans for a harsh peace with Russia with a Duchy of Lithuania and Finland going to Sweden (based on a map Romul did) also showing Portugal and Italy as planned...

Again note these are on base maps from 2011, so it would need updating.

Europe 1812 Napoleon plan for Portugal and possible plan for Russia harsh peace maybe.png