Jour J - French AH Comics collection

Let's just hope the long delays means they were trying to perfect the story, not the result of "development hell".
I think you're too old to believe in Soviet Baby Jesus anymore ;)

Wait, there is a comic adaptation? I had found a book detailing the year 1940 of the timeline but I didn't know it was getting adapted into a comic.
At this point you have two TL books, and Pécau (that was somehow involved with) had made a comic "illustration", rather than adaptation of a dry TL, of it (sort of spin-off, a story using the TL as background).
The first one is out, and the second one is currently finishing.

I somehow worry that Pécau reaches sorta monopole on AH comics there : it becomes hard to bypass him.

Do you have some link for that. I tried to find something, but if you search for something with the Name Metropolis Fritz Lang and Clark Kent will block your way.

Ask, and thou shall recieve.

Of course, the allusion to Fritz Lang's movie isn't gratious, but shhh!

If memory serves, Metropolis is somehow part of the Brigade Chimérique universe. Same author anyway – Serge Lehman.

La Brigade Chimérique is also a title that I would highly recommend: it is basically alt-history mixed with early 20th century pop culture, a kind of memorial to all the heroes and superheroes fo the European pulp era, ending in the holocaust of WW2 – literaly – and with the rise of American superheroes.

If memory serves, Metropolis is somehow part of the Brigade Chimérique universe. Same author anyway – Serge Lehman.
Not exactly, as Metropolis happens in a TL where the Great War didn't happened. Parallels do exist toigh.

Tough, should have mentioned La Brigade Chimérique, tough it's a special kind of AH on the form, but as well on its principles : Pécau is more of an alternate-history depiction largely based on popular culture elements, when Lehmann (for various reasons, not less due to its author and critic positions on SF) recieved more influence from the litterary french SF and philosophical tenents of french AH.

If only these were translated into English!

Aren't they, under the name "What If?"

Last edited:
The second half of Russians on the Moon came out today in English on Comixology. It was really great and touching. Can't wait to see what the other issues are like

Okay I've been recently interested in a RPG set in second tome Paris, Soviet sector, do they tell anything about the setting outside of the fact that North-West of France (and presumably all of Germany is occupied?)

Okay I've been recently interested in a RPG set in second tome Paris, Soviet sector, do they tell anything about the setting outside of the fact that North-West of France (and presumably all of Germany is occupied?)

Not much : France is still under an AMGOT rule, or this just barely ended.
A large American influence is present, and with De Gaulle dying in 1945 ITTL, you probably can expect a situation similar to Italy (except the much probable a purge of PCF presence).

This might interest you, while not directly related to the background of this comic : it's not really coherent either with historical background, or even with the comics' premise.).

Finally got around getting that album, I think it's good, but it juggles with more than it can handle having to be alternate history, spy and Crime story. The concept fairly solid, but it can't tied its element together in a sastifactory manner. I think it might have been more successful at what it did had it been a novel rather than comic cause the whole thing feel massively under developed.Also the dialogue is pretty bad on a few occasion. I'm not sure about the whole Soviet Army reaching France and WWII lasting until 1946 (apparently nuking the 3d Reich was never an option)

((Plus the hero way too cool with the idea of letting Beria getting away with all those murders (Okay I know it's technically to prevent World War III, but still) and swallowing whatever Marguerite Duras tells him)

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not awfully bad Tulileries or Colomb Pacha, but still clearly below average.

IMO, if you search for RPG background...the 6th, the 12th and Oméga ark are way better for that.

Yeah, it's not awfully bad Tulileries or Colomb Pacha, but still clearly below average.

IMO, if you search for RPG background...the 6th, the 12th and Oméga ark are way better for that.

I wasn't the one that came up with the starting idea, its something of a team effort, I merely want to expand on it make it interesting. (Also this isn't Pen & Paper, but more your RPG board type of RPG)

Finally got my hand on it

22.Steppe Empire
1242 : after Mongol sack of Rome, Christian armies unite themselves to save the West

1241 : Gengis Khan's armies are entering in Europe. Two brothers, a knight and a monk, answer the call of western armies to fight back the mongol threat.

[4/5] t's actually quite enjoyable. They apparently decided to make it only the first part of a larger story, but characters are interesting even if the story itself alternate too slow or too rushed pace.

The focus given on religions (Cathars vs. Catholics vs. Nestorians), however, is a welcome change from purely political timelines. I'd like seeing more of Mongol PoV in the next one, tough.

The 23rd Tome, Republic of Slaves, is also out if you want to check it LSCatilina. I only skimmed through it but apparently the POD is that Spartacus is transported to Sicily by Pirates: it's what he intended to do according to Plutarch but OTL the Pirates betrayed him. The tome seems to involve the Romans under Crassus and Caesar dealing with Spartacus' slave army in Sicily.

Unfortunatly, my main source of Jour J is either public library or friends, and neither had bought it yet. Did you read it?

LSCatilina said:
Unfortunatly, my main source of Jour J is either public library or friends, and neither had bought it yet. Did you read it?
Only skimmed through it, sorry. Plus, it's on a time period that isn't really my forte nor a favorite. And while I check Jour J when I get the chance because it's one of the few works of AH I know where to find, the series hasn't really convinced me.

Only skimmed through it, sorry. Plus, it's on a time period that isn't really my forte nor a favorite. And while I check Jour J when I get the chance because it's one of the few works of AH I know where to find, the series hasn't really convinced me.

Still better than Luxley and WW2.2.
Which is not saying much, granted.

But more seriously, they have the downside to be made by Pécau or Pécau-style : they can be good, with a lot of work on the background and good stories once and a while; but uninspired, cliché and with better background than stories too much regularily.

Hence why I prefer the one-shot formula, at least it prevents too boring stories to continue over and over (like Empire did).

The 24th Tome is out. It's called Stupor Mundi.

From what I've gathered after checking it out quickly, it's the sequel to Steppe Empire. The heroes of that tome then finds themselves in the middle of Political dealings that might result in an alliance between the Mongols and Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II, thus explaining the title.

Thomas27

Banned
I was wondering if some of you can identify he characters on this page.
They are Nixon staff form D-Day Volume 5: Who killed the president (not sure if it's the good english title)
42_by_qsec-da3d8yz.jpg