Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
cqX3RBi.png

In the Confederate States, the Christocratic Party rules supremely, and the political battles are generally considered to take place between different factions of the Christocrats. There are as of today, three different main factions within the Christocrats, the Wildcat faction, the Brimstone faction and the Cavalier faction. Their positions in OTL terminology can be described as follows:

Wildcat faction: Classical liberalism
Cavalier faction: Traditional conservatism
Brimstone faction: Christian democracy

The wildcat faction has always had their base in the west, originally representing frontier and pioneer settlers who wanted free trade with Texas and Mexico.

b07MIxs.png

While the Empire of Mexico employs strict Salic law for the succession to its imperial crown, the other Bourbon realm on the North American continent, the Kingdom of the Québécois, has since first becoming a monarchy in 1927 had male-preference cognatic primogeniture written into its constitution. Though King Aurélien I left numerous children behind, his daughter Zéphyrine (b. 1938) was his only legitimate child. Aurélien I might have had legitimate sons had he not lost his ability to reproduce in an unfortunate horse polo accident in 1939. Despite numerous attempts to have one of his four illegitimate sons legitimized, clerical influence within the Catholic Popular Party made sure that no legitimization bill was ever even brought to the reading stage in the National Assembly, and by the early 1960s, king Aurélien had to accept that his daughter Zéphyrine would inherit the throne, which she indeed did in 1978.

Zéphyrine is married to the respected Unionist American diplomat Amherst Waldegrave, who is known for his humanitarian work in aiding refugees from the Kingdom of England.

Last edited:
Makemakean, how did you change the colours of the headers in Amherst Waldegrave's infobox?

I didn't, actually, since I don't know how to do that. What I instead do, since I think that the English language wikipedia templates are a little too dry for my taste (I actually think the templates on the French language version are a little more imaginative, but still not sufficient), is to create the infoboxes directly from scratch. Then I have have infoboxes for Quebecois affairs, for example, go in a cardinal red theme, and infoboxes for Russian affairs go in justinian purple.

It takes some time getting used to (I freely admit I'm still a newbie), but Thinking Outside the Infobox is a good place to start.

So I was doing some writing, about a thing (that might or might not be GML related), and it came to a point where somebody needed to have an mp3 player. But obviously it wouldn't be called an 'iPod' or something, so Gryphon and I kicked around some ideas, and he came up with a clever name, based on file-extension naming. And because this is the kind of thing we do instead of writing, here you go:

Very nice. I like how the modern model retains those classic VCR/Walkman controller buttons instead of being 100% touchscreen. That provides a sense of a more conservative aesthetic approach compared to OTL's Apple minimalism.

I wonder what podcasts are called ITTL. Tapcasting? eRadio?

I didn't, actually, since I don't know how to do that. What I instead do, since I think that the English language wikipedia templates are a little too dry for my taste (I actually think the templates on the French language version are a little more imaginative, but still not sufficient), is to create the infoboxes directly from scratch. Then I have have infoboxes for Quebecois affairs, for example, go in a cardinal red theme, and infoboxes for Russian affairs go in justinian purple.

It takes some time getting used to (I freely admit I'm still a newbie), but Thinking Outside the Infobox is a good place to start.

That explains why your boxes look slightly different. Same with ESA's - I assume he does the same.

Very nice. I like how the modern model retains those classic VCR/Walkman controller buttons instead of being 100% touchscreen. That provides a sense of a more conservative aesthetic approach compared to OTL's Apple minimalism.

I wonder what podcasts are called ITTL. Tapcasting? eRadio?

You ask good questions, I like you.

Some quick things from AJND I've ben sitting on

The Republic of Dyflydd sits on the southwestern corner of the Callistoan continent of Utgard, and it shares an extensive border with the Technate Of All Life (formerly the [FONT=&quot]Technate of Llydaw). [/FONT]Dylfydd was, until the declaration of the Technate of All Life in the 2120s, a multi-party presidential republic that was largely in line with Nigeria. The nation watched in horror as its once-friendly neighbor began a dystopic hellhole where robots reigned supreme and enslaved its organic population. In the 2128 presidential election, the major parties quickly rallied around the common cause of national preservation, nominating General Rhyl d'Moys for President on the Unity Party ticket. D'Moys seemed rather uncomfortable with this at first since he had no particular political, economic or scientific beliefs, but the electorate was quite insistent, with d'Moys winning more than 80% of the vote. With such a huge mandate, d'Moys quickly prepared the nation's defenses, massively increasing the size and scope of the military. In 2130, the Dyflyddian Congress granted d'Moys broad dictatorial power. Ironically, the use of AIs and robots actually increased dramatically under his administration--but all of them followed the Casablanca Accords thoroughly. In the 2133 election, d'Moys was once again nominated by all major parties, and he faced only token opposition in the form of newspaper editor Llanyst Rhyfs. D'Moys was elected to a second 5-year term with almost 85% of the vote, as the country continues to barrel towards care with the Technate of All Life.

OU05M9Z.png

-*-*-*-

The United Republic of Fharmor is located across the Utgard Channel from the Technate of All Life, and it boards the American Commonwealth of Valhalla to the north. As such, Fharmor has long fallen within the American sphere of influence. It's a densely populated, highly-industrialized nation with two major political parties. The Prosperity Party has the support of large urban unions such as mill workers and automakers, and also of the socially progressive suburban middle class. The Justice Party has more of an agrarian bent, being supported by mineworkers and farmworkers from the country's large agricultural collectives--it also has the backing of various ethnic and religious minorities like orcs, sylvans and Callistoan ethno groups (the minority Infmuirs and Kurrays in the southwest in particular). Incumbent President Matays Domnokyff was running for a second four year term in 2134, running on a platform of increased military spending and defense preparation. The Justice Party nominated Aernyn d'Ont on the first ballot at the party's national convention--she'd been the early frontunner, easily overcoming her opponents, namely agrarian Senator Faysis Dunlich (who proved too abserbic for convention-goers) and General Bowyr AfAtten (who was busy on Utgard overseeing Allied defenses). D'Ont was a well known labor lawyer and was well-regarded as a public speaker, but despite that, she had trouble gaining any traction against Domnokyff, who seemed to base his entire campaign around not changing horses in the middle of the stream. Domnokyff won re-election to a second term with a similar margin as his first election in 2130.

VqBGfus.png

And it hasn't been been bombed back to the stone age by the Americans because...?

Because they also have nukes and nobody was really sure what was going on in there until very recently. We're now reaching a point where a preemptive first strike by INTO is looking increasingly more and more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.