I do not think that this update was great. I think the problem is that you make changes because you can. But what speaks against events happening in TTL as they happened in OTL? Just because of one decision years back not every decides to act differently! Not everything must be different!

Why I am writing this? I am angry about your treatment of Apple.

Ah good, the modern Thomas Edison got his ATL comeuppence. I don't care much for Jobs.

Really enjoyed the update. I like how things that we are familiar with are coming about with slight variations.

Yes, I am. Not everything has to be different, but here everything is different. And that's the problem.

The sacred cow issue, yet i even loved what do to nintendo and nintendo for me was better that apple, so zero complains for me.

Too divergent bad, too convergent, bad. we should leave that well, just criticez ultra idiocy or obvious troll timelines.

JJohnson

Banned
If you don't mind me making a request for this timeline...please keep Transformers, Centurions, GI Joe, He-Man, She-Ra, Battle Beasts, Gundam, Robotech/Macross, and Voltron largely intact, and hopefully with better video game adaptations!

Transformers, I have always wished it to have more episodes to introduce more of the toy figures into the animation (Whirl, Roadbuster, Topspin, Twin Twist, Runabout, Runamuck, etc), and a better characterization for Rodimus Prime and Galvatron, so Rodimus isn't whiny, and Galvatron is menacing and not insane.

I do hope Nintendo can still give us some actual video games though. I can't imagine a world without Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, and the rest.

JJohnson

Banned
Are you honestly that surprised? He's not writing a utopia, after all...

I like it. Apple won't be able to create the practically religious zealotry that they have in our timeline.

I'm just hoping that computers as a whole in this timeline will still evolve quickly to GHz processors and TB HDD, and maybe this timeline's Windows 8 will be a success in some fashion.

Given the intensity of teh arguments over things 30 years ago and beyond, it's no wonder he's ending it in 1986. Fans can have whatever ending they like then for things that have come out since 1986. (Indeed, even some thigns just before - my BttF comment may not apply to a movie in '85 but it could be out in '87. My hunch is that fans will be creating their own images of what happens afterward much like those who follow a long-running TV series do once it ends.)

If you don't mind me making a request for this timeline...please keep Transformers, Centurions, GI Joe, He-Man, She-Ra, Battle Beasts, Gundam, Robotech/Macross, and Voltron largely intact, and hopefully with better video game adaptations!

Transformers, I have always wished it to have more episodes to introduce more of the toy figures into the animation (Whirl, Roadbuster, Topspin, Twin Twist, Runabout, Runamuck, etc), and a better characterization for Rodimus Prime and Galvatron, so Rodimus isn't whiny, and Galvatron is menacing and not insane.

I do hope Nintendo can still give us some actual video games though. I can't imagine a world without Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, and the rest.

Transformers was referenced in the animation update.

Part of the problem is that the Sega SG1000 was, hardware wise, a ColecoVision with a different cartridge pinout and standard controller. Its GPU was the Texas Instuments TMS9918/19/28/29 (Depending on exact geographical market).

Since the Texas Instruments TI99 computer series didn't happen (because Syzygy began using the TMS9900 in 1978, so there was no need to showcase the CPU in a project all its own), its support chips didn't happen either. Until the advent of the Motorola 68000-based Sega Out Run/System 16 Arcade Board of 1986, Sega stuck with off-the-shelf audio and video hardware.

In the absence of the TMS9918 and derivatives, Sega would probably be stuck with something along the lines of the Intel 8275, Motorola 6845/6/7/8, or Thompson EF936x, and would have to supplement it with a custom sprite generation chip.

Given butterflies I see no guarantees for anything. As for Robotech, I would hope with a little more respect for the source material that we have seen (only slightly) we won't have that grotesque Frankenstein's monster of three different shows cobbled together.

Awesome Sauce! I'm glad the Woz found out what a jerk Jobs is earlier ITTL, I think he'll be happier at Desilu-Syzygy* anyway. I was wondering when/if Nintendo & SEGA were going to show up. So *Pokemon in the '80s, and the card game came first? Cool. How common/likely is it for there to be a manga/anime made about a card game? (Yu-Gi-Oh! doesn't count, I believe the manga/anime came first and the card game tie-in afterwards; I could be wrong about that though.)

*(Try saying that 5 times fast:D)

Awesome Sauce! I'm glad the Woz found out what a jerk Jobs is earlier ITTL, I think he'll be happier at Desilu-Syzygy* anyway. I was wondering when/if Nintendo & SEGA were going to show up. So *Pokemon in the '80s, and the card game came first? Cool. How common/likely is it for there to be a manga/anime made about a card game? (Yu-Gi-Oh! doesn't count, I believe the manga/anime came first and the card game tie-in afterwards; I could be wrong about that though.)

*(Try saying that 5 times fast:D)

Well, the Garbage Pail Kids got a few movies out of it so isn't entirely uncommon