The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Oh my Goodness...

I've been rethinking of re-starting my old colour scheme project with updated Q-Bams...but holy moley you guys have been at it!

Do you guys think you can get to a point where you can agree that no more revisions are needing to be made? What about superimposing various Q-Bams together? Like a blank political one over the geographic one you're working on now?

You could start ones for religions and other factors, too, while you're at it :winkytongue:
Stormcrow
I kinda have this already. Using the T-BAM as a base, I put the borders in a new layer and then put the rivers over that. But I haven't updated it as a whole as of late due to work restraints.

Yes, there is a newer one. Look back the last few pages until you find one of the updates that includes at least part of the Russian division update.

Went to the link of the second quote, but I can't find any pictures there- just the text?

Also, if you have a QBAM that has some second-level (golden or darker gray) borders please please please share it...

Edit: What website was that hosted on- apparently adblock blocks it...

Last edited:
Colorado

So while working on a North American river map I have come to realize that a lot of counties are either missing or out of place along one border or another. Here's the first update for this, added Jackson County, Colorado.

Colorado update.png

Last edited:
Hey, hate to be one of thsoe people who swans into a thread and demands maps, but does anybody know where there's a good basemap of Europe with subdivisions? Something like the one I've attached but with the surrounding areas shown:
Alternatively, if there's anywhere on the wiki with all the Qbam's, I'd be much obliged if someone could point me there. Thanks! :)

euroblank.png

Hey, hate to be one of thsoe people who swans into a thread and demands maps, but does anybody know where there's a good basemap of Europe with subdivisions? Something like the one I've attached but with the surrounding areas shown:
Alternatively, if there's anywhere on the wiki with all the Qbam's, I'd be much obliged if someone could point me there. Thanks! :)

Latest Q-BAM

Just recolour the divisions on the latest BAM and crop it down, not too difficult.

Somali factions map, those being the state of Somalia, Al-Shabaab, Khatumo and Somaliland. Nothing has standard UCS colours because I don't know what those are. Something important to note, the majority of Somali subdivisions are misdrawn.

somaliafactionalism.png

hi, guys i just had a wonderfull idea mayby is a bit diffecult but if we could complete it it would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
so...
let's make...
a q-bam of pangea!!

Last edited:
hi, guys i just had a wonderfull idea mayby is a bit diffecult but if we could complete it it would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
so...
let's make...
a q-bam of pangea!!
The conjectures we can make about the shape of the continent wouldn't require a map this size to be shown in detail; to make details relevant to this form factour would result in a lot of fantasy.

The conjectures we can make about the shape of the continent wouldn't require a map this size to be shown in detail; to make details relevant to this form factour would result in a lot of fantasy.

yes, that makes sense i think but we could try a bit more recent, couldn't we?

how about a map of... well let's see, the late createcrous (80m BC) or the pleistocene era?

What Are these

wKvX1kp66sMAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I was looking through the Caribbean when i noticed a set of islands southwest of Jamaica that I can't find on any map (indicated in red). According to the last political Qbam posted, they were even important enough to be given a border like the Caymens and San Andres but I have been combing the water on Google Earth for 30 minutes now with no luck. Any help?
wKvX1kp66sMAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Question.png

Last edited:
I was looking through the Caribbean when i noticed a set of islands southwest of Jamaica that I can't find on any map (indicated in red). According to the last political Qbam posted, they were even important enough to be given a border like the Caymens and San Andres but I have been combing the water on Google Earth for 30 minutes now with no luck. Any help?

I think it might be a mistake. We've not got it marked on the Worlda.

Those are the Petrel Islands/Bajo Nuevo Bank and Serranilla Bank. They belong to Colombia but have been claimed by other countries in the past and form the basis around which the Colombian-Jamaican joint exclusive economic zone area is drawn.

Surprised you didn't find them in Google Earth as one can find them on Google Maps.

They wouldn't be on worlda since that scale is too small really. They are tiny even for QBAM but they do exist and can be shown on the QBAM (especially as I think they are large enough to qualify for having territorial waters and for drawing EEZs around them according to the Law of the Sea.

Can someone post the years and the maps in a list?
You mean like this?
____________________Q-BAM HISTORICAL MAPS LIST____________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1748: (i saw it once that's all i know about it)
1807: Unfinised
1812: Finised
1856: Incomplite
1885: Unfinised
1914: Finised
1918: Finised, but could be some incorrect
1938: Finised
1942: Finised
1944: Unfinised
1948: Finised
1962: Finised
1992: Unknown
Current: Finised
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------