Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody commented on my America-as-Australia thing, which is a shame. :(

No, it's actually completely logical. These "country X as country Y" infoboxes that seem to be popular right now are lazy and unoriginal, and what's more, they're honestly not very interesting. All you've done is basically figure out who would possibly make a good politician Y to substitute politician X, rinse and repeat a few times, and then do some recoding to change the names in the box. That ranks only one or two steps above randomly recolouring a Worlda, and if you want your infoboxes to gain recognition you've got to make more of an effort at creating an original story for them.

No, it's actually completely logical. These "country X as country Y" infoboxes that seem to be popular right now are lazy and unoriginal, and what's more, they're honestly not very interesting. All you've done is basically figure out who would possibly make a good politician Y to substitute politician X, rinse and repeat a few times, and then do some recoding to change the names in the box. That ranks only one or two steps above randomly recolouring a Worlda, and if you want your infoboxes to gain recognition you've got to make more of an effort at creating an original story for them.
There's some more thought behind it than that, though. I'll do state politics, as they don't really match up with Australian state politics.

You know what really happens, is that this type Infoboxes is more practical and those who make the infoboxes of the analogs of other countries have a certain notion of the personalities of the X and Y locations to replace properly. It's something lazy and I agree with you on this point, but reimagine other countries (X) with system or political leaders of the foreign system (Y) requires research and, indirectly, a debate where one can propose other similar other users find it more correct. I think a waste of time criticize a mode infoboxes so open to new areas such as this.

An idea I might follow up on at some point. Not an analogue, but set in an AH world where the Nazis never rise to power.

nj6PHtN.jpg

I missed it, and no doubt others did too, probably because you posted it in the midst of a debate.

I lack the knowledge of Japanese politics to give strong commentary, other than to say it's an intriguing idea and I'm curious to know if you have a backstory for it.

I have no idea. ._.;

The current Commissioner of Baseball, Rafael Morales Vásquez. Morales was a fan favorite player with the Chicago Cubs and Kansas City Royals in the 2060s and was also very popular back home in the Dominican Republic. A social activist, he ran as Magdalena Santana's running mate in the 2076 Dominican presidential election, and following Santana's death in an airplane crash, became President. However, Morales quickly became bored with politics and frustrated with the Dominican Congress. He declined to run for a second term in 2080, instead returning to the United States and studying law, becoming a labor lawyer. He mediated numerous disputes between players and owners, and was named the President of the Caribbean League in 2094 and reluctantly the Commissioner of Baseball in 2099, a position he's held since then.

Major League Baseball is comprised of eight leagues: the American and National in the United States; the Mexican League; the Caribbean League in Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua and Panama; the Colombian League; the Korean League; and the Northern and Coastal Leagues in China. As President of the Caribbean League, Morales over saw expansion of the league's minor league farm systems in Central America and Cuba, and Commissioner of Baseball, he's overseen the rapid expansion of baseball on the frontier and in Nigeria, along with attempts to reconnect with Nippon Professional Baseball. However, Major League Baseball will soon be entering a period of upheval and change as it's considering expansion, promoting major leagues in Nigeria and Luna. Morales has said that it won't happen during his term and there's rumors that he'll step down before the end of the decade.

rpOoOSm.png

The current Commissioner of Baseball, Rafael Morales Vásquez. Morales was a fan favorite player with the Chicago Cubs and Kansas City Royals in the 2060s and was also very popular back home in the Dominican Republic. A social activist, he ran as Magdalena Santana's running mate in the 2076 Dominican presidential election, and following Santana's death in an airplane crash, became President. However, Morales quickly became bored with politics and frustrated with the Dominican Congress. He declined to run for a second term in 2080, instead returning to the United States and studying law, becoming a labor lawyer. He mediated numerous disputes between players and owners, and was named the President of the Caribbean League in 2094 and reluctantly the Commissioner of Baseball in 2099, a position he's held since then.

Major League Baseball is comprised of eight leagues: the American and National in the United States; the Mexican League; the Caribbean League in Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua and Panama; the Colombian League; the Korean League; and the Northern and Coastal Leagues in China. As President of the Caribbean League, Morales over saw expansion of the league's minor league farm systems in Central America and Cuba, and Commissioner of Baseball, he's overseen the rapid expansion of baseball on the frontier and in Nigeria, along with attempts to reconnect with Nippon Professional Baseball. However, Major League Baseball will soon be entering a period of upheval and change as it's considering expansion, promoting major leagues in Nigeria and Luna. Morales has said that it won't happen during his term and there's rumors that he'll step down before the end of the decade.

<snip>

Interesting. Are these leagues all major leagues or are some of them minor leagues?

I can't imagine the ridiculous stats that would come out of the Lunar League. ("John Smith hit 4 home runs early this season in Atlanta and is up to 125 following his mid-season trade to the Sea of Tranquility Eagles")

Also, totally know who Vasquez's picture is. George Brett

Interesting. Are these leagues all major leagues or are some of them minor leagues?

The named eight leagues are all major leagues on par with the traditional AL and NL. The winners of each league meet in the 8 team World Series to determine the best team in baseball. And there's no inter-league play either (thank God).

I can't imagine the ridiculous stats that would come out of the Lunar League. ("John Smith hit 4 home runs early this season in Atlanta and is up to 125 following his mid-season trade to the Sea of Tranquility Eagles")

I can see why he doesn't want to play baseball on the Moon, what with the low gravity and all!

There's probably been some rule tweaks to make it more playable.

Along with standard tweaks in the laws of gravity to make Luna feel more homey anyway.

Also, totally know who Vasquez's picture is.

A god amongst men!

Status
Not open for further replies.