AHC: Make a Stronger Fourth Indiana Jones Film

I actually really like the Fourth one. (The best to worst Indy Jones for me are1,4,3, and 2) That said, I have two primary problems. One is the CGI, which is overdone greatly, especially the aliens. I think James Rolfe put it best when he said that if they had done a more fake looking Bug eyed monster, it would have been better homage to the B-Movies of the 50's. Another is Shia LeBouf, obviously. Perhaps if they followed the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles and given Indy a daughter, or changed actors. Other than that, I think Crystal Skull is fine.

The George Lucas to take a hike.

The man is a god at when it comes to setting and overarching plot development. But when it comes down to the details -- directing and scripting -- he is complete garbage. The infamous monkey vine swinging scene has his signature all over it.

On my phone (so further thoughts forthcoming), but this.

Last edited:
Instead of having the crystal skulls be a biological piece of a extraterrestrial being, why not from a supernatural source?

The crystal skulls were created by the gods of a lost native people so that the people of Akator could protect themselves from outside invaders. Spanish conquistadors still take off with one and returning it to the city will grant them a reward. Instead of vanishing in the wake of a UFO, it instead just disappears and vanishes supernaturally as part of the skull being returned to it.

One could be found in Area 51 if perhaps someone from the American military stumbled upon it and brought it back with them to the United States.

Driftless

Donor
Do the Atlantis adventure.

For your villain, resurrect Hauptmann Vogel (Michael Byrne) from the Last Crusade (he was last seen flying a tank over a cliff - it would be absolutely consistent in a B movie serial to do that). with the story being set in the 1950's, Vogel would have to be "Werewolf Nazi" seeking to start a Fourth Reich. It would be pretty difficult to bring back Belloch & co - Wrath of God and all that..... Cate Blanchett is a great actress, but Irina Spalko was a cardboard cutout character, so her skill was kind of wasted.

Have it set in the Middle East and film on location at Syrian ruins before they get destroyed by the civil war.

...also have Sallah appear again as the script requires. And let him explain why he settles down in another part of the Arab world each year.

-I also agree that an earlier production would have been helpful in general. I wouldn't say that Ford was too old. The Major Problem is the gap in itself.

-A daughter to Indy would have been a more interesting Option than a son.

-A well-known relic or legend is a better choice than something rather obscure as the Stones of Kali....or Crystal Skulls.

-I once stumbled across the backside of an Indy-novel which had him hunting for the Golden Vlies amidst the 1940 German attack into Belgium and France.
I am not sure if the story is worth it. But the backdrop might be interesting, if taken seriously.

marathag

Banned
I once stumbled across the backside of an Indy-novel which had him hunting for the Golden Vlies amidst the 1940 German attack into Belgium and France.
I am not sure if the story is worth it. But the backdrop might be interesting, if taken seriously.

Germany 1945

Professor Jones is in the Army, hunting down artifacts the Nazis stole.

Keep him fighting Nazis, and the rest of the story would be fine.

If you have to add weird science to it, Nazi base on the Moon.

-Natalie Portman as Indy's daughter by Marion, who passed away shortly before the film

-Indy's father makes a cameo appearance, alive and healthy in his late 90s

-Villians here are a Russian archeologist and his Communist Party overseer.

-Use the plot from the Infernal Machine, but instead of opening the portal and finding Marduk on the other side, they find out it is the leftovers of an ancient alien colony (modern humans become a mix of neaderthals and these beings who are not that different, allusions to time travel are tossed in), and the source of modern civilization.

-The "Infernal Machine" is essentially a Stargate that is activated *twice* before being overloaded, fortunately it is not activated long enough to allow a fix on Earth's location.

-Russian agents who get sent through find a new meaning of pain after Indiana is able to communicate with the rebel Jaffar on the other side and go home.

Well, I agree that the biggest problem was the Indiana was too old to be realistically saving the world. And the Nazca lines, from the leaked script, were better than the Crystal Skull.

But the choice of the Soviets as villains made sense, I thought, since the timeline was moved up.

...also have Sallah appear again as the script requires. And let him explain why he settles down in another part of the Arab world each year.

-I also agree that an earlier production would have been helpful in general. I wouldn't say that Ford was too old. The Major Problem is the gap in itself.

-A daughter to Indy would have been a more interesting Option than a son.

-A well-known relic or legend is a better choice than something rather obscure as the Stones of Kali....or Crystal Skulls.

-I once stumbled across the backside of an Indy-novel which had him hunting for the Golden Vlies amidst the 1940 German attack into Belgium and France.

Sallah is a travelling hookah salesman.

The Nazis were the perfect foil for Indy due to their well known obsession with the occult and pseudo-science. The Soviets were never weird that way. And having a proletariat spy wearing a rapier around makes no sense. If you're going to have Soviet baddies, how can you not have the ape-man hybrid army?

They could've had Nazis in the fourth movie. It's in South America, no shortage of Nazi transplants.