Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently watching Deep Space Nine and I learned that Alexander Siddig (who played Doctor Bashir) is going to be Doran Martell in the next season Game of Thrones. So, inspired by that and some of Tim Thomason's ASOIAF infoboxes on the old infobox thread, I present: Benjamin Sisko IN WESTEROS.

0UiUxiU.png

And since there's no House Picard/Pykard/Pickherd, I figured the next best thing was...

C51rbR8.png

Thande

Donor
How do you make the infoboxes?

Some people use a sandbox thing on Wikipedia that lets you play with the code, I believe--personally I just screencap it and then match the fonts and colours so I can edit it in MSPaint.

Some people use a sandbox thing on Wikipedia that lets you play with the code, I believe--personally I just screencap it and then match the fonts and colours so I can edit it in MSPaint.

That method is extremely time consuming over the long wrong. Learning how to mess with the code of the infoboxes on Wikipedia is a little intimidating at first, but after a while, it's easy to just place and plug.

That method is extremely time consuming over the long wrong. Learning how to mess with the code of the infoboxes on Wikipedia is a little intimidating at first, but after a while, it's easy to just place and plug.
Yeah. I use my sandbox for everything. Even when I was struggling with that 100-president listbox, I continued to plug away at it and got a lovely result.

I'm sure a job in Paint wouldn't get the same result.

Thande

Donor

Eh, you're probably right if you do it often and do big stuff, but I only do the occasional infobox.

Asami

Banned
Now I want to see South Carolina occupying Savannah. Florida's gotten shafted too much in most of these TLs. :(

AJND would be fun to visit, but not to live in. There's really a lot of existential and metaphysical horror that doesn't come through in the infoboxes here.

The Pioneer Alliance is a small political party that takes advantage of fusion electoral laws, primarily on the American frontier. With a power base located primarily on the moons of Saturn, Uranus and the Far Outer System, the Pioneers very rarely elect candidates on their own line, instead cross-endorsing candidates (almost entirely Democrats). They describe themselves simply as "American nationalists", but many observers label them as fascist due to their political uniforms, militarism, imperialist foreign policy and racism. Many Pioneer state legislators have landed in hot water due to controversial comments regarding aboriginal rights, but such furor rarely gets reported back on Earth or the Inner System due to distance. The Pioneer Alliance is closely linked to the Ionian Renewal Party, the Fireflies paramilitary gang, the Mormon Nauvoo Legion and Columbianist filibusters.

n9Y2oRC.png

AJND would be fun to visit, but not to live in. There's really a lot of existential and metaphysical horror that doesn't come through in the infoboxes here.
And that's why people should read the stories. That, and they're really good stories (and I'm not just saying that because I'm helping to write some of them). Infoboxes are pretty and all, but I belive you've said yourself- the stories are the core, and all this is incidental.

Hell, if you're not reading the stories, you're missing the whole point.

Lemme guess, Columbianism?

From what I've learned, Earth's okay-ish, but the Outer Planets are total hell. Especially if you aren't Human and live in the USA. I mean, some parts of AJND US seems okay (space exploration:D, unions and healthcare also seems to be doing pretty well), but some are just horrifying, particularly the Anti-Alien racism and Columbianism.

Lemme guess, Columbianism?

Columbianism is certainly part of it, and Jim Jones was right about more things than a lot of other people.

From what I've learned, Earth's okay-ish, but the Outer Planets are total hell. Especially if you aren't Human and live in the USA. I mean, some parts of AJND US seems okay (space exploration:D, unions and healthcare also seems to be doing pretty well), but some are just horrifying, particularly the Anti-Alien racism and Columbianism.

The Inner System is a nice, comfortable existence for middle and upper class Terrans, but the further you go out from the sun, the shittier and weirder it gets. For everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.