Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the feeling that FDR will be known as the "Old Man in a Hurry".

He would be 62 at the time of his first election, and I have the feeling he would not want his presidency to be a "steady as it goes" one.

He waited that long, he'll have lots of plans! :D

Epstein

Banned
TSDkm2B.png

Epstein

Banned
Could you explain more?

Wes Schumacher (incumbent), a businessman and member of the Democratic Party, won the election by a large margin. The Alaska Republican Party declined to run a candidate this year. Harold P. Cogan ran as an Independent (his fifth consecutive gubernatorial election) and won 15% of the vote, with his base of support later forming the core of the Alaskan People's Party.

Is there anything else about this wikibox that is unclear or confusing to you?

Wes Schumacher, a businessman and member of the Democratic Party, won the election by a large margin. The Alaska Republican Party declined to run a candidate this year. Harold P. Cogan ran as an Independent (his fifth consecutive gubernatorial election) and won 15% of the vote, with his base of support later forming the core of the Alaskan People's Party.

I would like to know the context of this.

Lots. We'd like context: who exactly was Wes? What did he do to win by such a huge landslide? Why didn't the Republicans put up a candidate? What the Alaskan People's Party?

EDIT: Ninja'ed. The point is, you can't just put up an election about (fictional?) people without telling us what happened. It's bad form. It's just names, numbers and pretty pictures without context.

Last edited:
Illinois, the most populous state in the Union, has long been a Democratic stronghold at the state and federal levels. Governor Bill Duffy had been elected to a fourth term in a landslide in 2130, but his approval ratings began to plummet after his fourth innaguration due to the controversial rollout of new toll roads and charges of corruption in building new bridges across Lake Michigan. Duffy had previously announced that he wouldn't be running for a fifth term in 2134. Instead, former U.S. Representative Melinda Kotowski stepped forward. What most people thought would be an easy nomination process turned difficult when Jordyn Blythe announced she was endorsing Rock Island Mayor Dale McCarter for governor. The popular and well-liked McCarter controversially lost the Democratic primary to Kotowski. McCarter won the nomination for the Green Party. Former State Senator and 2130 Repiblican candidate Dylan Sullivan won an easy primary battle over businessman Kyle Holmes. The election was a tight one, as progressive groups dumped money on the McCarter campaign and Sullivan tied Kotowski and McCarter to the increasingly unpopular Duffy administration. However, even with the unpopular Duffy administration and a split in the Democratic vote (McCarter, who ran a strong social liberal campaign, also siphoned off a few Republican voters in the Chicago suburbs), Kotowski still managed a large victory over Sullivan and McCarter (she even managed to win the Quad Cities area over McCarter).

IoY1KMz.png

Excellent. Illinois remains orange.

Oh, you forgot to link the Rep and Green running mates.

And why did you choose that particular shade of green for the Green Party?

Wait, did Springfield go Democratic?

Hey Mike, where do you make those political party rings? I remember I had a site I used to make some for the independent California election games, but I lost it a while ago.

Excellent. Illinois remains orange.

Well, the Democrats might be the slightly lesser of two evils here.

Oh, you forgot to link the Rep and Green running mates.

No I didn't. Not every running mate has an article.

And why did you choose that particular shade of green for the Green Party?

Because I like that particular shade.

Wait, did Springfield go Democratic?

Corrupt state government employees.

Well, the Democrats might be the slightly lesser of two evils here.
Yeah. It would have been nice to see a Green governor, but oh well.

No I didn't. Not every running mate has an article.
I expected a Wikipedia that has a lot of members would get around to that, but oh well.

Because I like that particular shade.
Interesting choice.

Corrupt state government employees.
How safe is Springfield for the Democrats?

Abhakhazia

Banned
Illinois, the most populous state in the Union, has long been a Democratic stronghold at the state and federal levels.

Pretty solid infobox, in my opinion. Although, if you want State Employees to be ferocious Democrats, Cass and Menard County which are very economically interwined with Springfield would be better candidates than Shelby and Piatt County, east of Decatur.

Yeah. It would have been nice to see a Green governor, but oh well.

It would have been interesting, but with Democratic super-majorities in both houses, not much would have gotten done for them.

I expected a Wikipedia that has a lot of members would get around to that, but oh well.

It's the same thing in the OTL present for a lot of them.

How safe is Springfield for the Democrats?

Can be a bit swingy if the Republicans have a good candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.