LTTW Mapping Project!

I tried to start it, but my memory is failing me outside the Americas. Anyone want to help? The Old World (+Australia) here are Hawkeye's and I believe predate the Popular Wars.
lttw.png
(Kind of which Thande was still running the simple date-event version for ease of reference.)

lttw.png

So China's most recent map is basically up to date. That's good to see.

Why was I convinced Belgium collapsed in the Popular Wars?:eek:

That Europe is definitely post-Popular Wars. You can see Saxony leading Germany, Mega-Belgium, Bohemia-less Danubia, etc.

Thande

Donor
(Kind of which Thande was still running the simple date-event version for ease of reference.)

I am; I just update it at the end of every volume now so I can go through the whole volume all in one go to find date references. So I will be updating it fairly soon as we approach the end of volume IV.

Thanks for doing this by the way!

Were you confusing Belgium with the Netherlands? The Netherlands collapsed.
I suppose so (probably because the area broke apart instead of merging OTL and I remembered France getting upset about abuses against Walloons). That means the exiled bits (Batavia?) should be Dutch Orange then? (Now I need to remember if the Guyanas were fully independent or not...)

I am; I just update it at the end of every volume now so I can go through the whole volume all in one go to find date references. So I will be updating it fairly soon as we approach the end of volume IV.
Ah, okay.

Thanks for doing this by the way!
Maps are always good.:D

Cleaned Europe up (lots of bright green pixels everywhere) and adjusted it a little based on the big 1840 map.

lttw.png

Cleaned Europe up (huge amounts of bright green pixels everywhere) and adjusted it a little based on the big 1840 map.
Those pixels were from cleaning the coast line. I just didn't want to go further until new borders were discussed.

I'm actually very interested in this project, as I'd love to see what the world of LTTW looks like currently (being unable to bring myself to read, unfortunately :p).

Might I suggest using the updated colour scheme? Looking at Germany in particular. If it's a Saxon-led state, there is a nice forest-green colour for Saxony. :)

Thande

Donor
I'm actually very interested in this project, as I'd love to see what the world of LTTW looks like currently (being unable to bring myself to read, unfortunately

Don't be nesh, it's only currently as long as...er... (quick calculation) ... The Lord of the Rings? :eek:

Anyway there is always the "Date: Stuff Happens" summary version on the Wiki that Beedok mentions...

Looking good. You should synchronise the colours on places like Cygnia (in Western Australia), Hawkeye was using the teal US colour for the ENA.
Yeah, still working piecemeal. :eek:

I wanted to check if Batavia should be Dutch coloured or not, and check that everyone I thought was Batavian was.

Thande

Donor
Yeah, still working piecemeal. :eek:

I wanted to check if Batavia should be Dutch coloured or not, and check that everyone I thought was Batavian was.

It looks about right to me, but I think I may have described some shifts in Java since then...not sure off the top of my head.

It looks about right to me, but I think I may have described some shifts in Java since then...not sure off the top of my head.
Well there current blue bits in South East Asia weren't my doing. It's the remnants on the other continents. It's been a while since I read about them. :eek:

I'm actually very interested in this project, as I'd love to see what the world of LTTW looks like currently (being unable to bring myself to read, unfortunately :p).

Might I suggest using the updated colour scheme? Looking at Germany in particular. If it's a Saxon-led state, there is a nice forest-green colour for Saxony. :)

Hey, its not that bad, it only took me hey... uh, half a year to read through. Its well worth it. And like all proper history, by the time you've got up to date, you'll have forgotten half of it.

Don't be nesh, it's only currently as long as...er... (quick calculation) ... The Lord of the Rings? :eek:

Anyway there is always the "Date: Stuff Happens" summary version on the Wiki that Beedok mentions...

Well, truth be told, I really want to read it - I just don't have time, and in what little free time I have these days, it's always a toss up between doing something productive and interesting such as reading LTTW, doing something productive and horrible like laundry, or doing neither and regretting it later. Procrastination wins out in the end. :p