Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just taught myself how to do this, just to make this silly little thing. :p
Oh well, tis the season!

waronchristmas.png

Well, I just taught myself how to do this, just to make this silly little thing. :p
Oh well, tis the season!

Lol, I'm pretty sure that's how Bill O'Riley sees it.

Seriously though, everything is still "Christmas" in the UK, not Winterfest or whatever, it's a complete non issue over here.

9fAyXe5.png

Something I found in my 'Abandoned Projects' folder. I can't remember for the life of me when I made it or what it's about. I think it was for an AH I was working on where the Oregon Territory became an independent country.

Columbianism is a new religious movement founded by the Reverend Jim Jones in the late 1970s in San Francisco, California. Jones, then the preacher of the People's Temple and a well known figure in California politics (he was said to be a close spiritual advisor to Democratic Governor Ronald Reagan) started Columbianism after having received a vision from the archangel Columbia. Columbianism is a uniquely American religion. The Columbianist god is The Great Architect, who created the Universe and set its laws into motion but has little oversight or control over it. The archangels and angels instead oversee it, and the American way of life, governance and culture is seen as the ideal culture in a Columbianist universe. It is often describe as being either as "esoteric religious Freemasonry" or as "the vanguard organization for an American fascist movement" depending on how generous one is, and it is a karmic religion based around a constant cycle of death and rebirth that can only be broken through leading a just, virtuous life. Columbianism has become one of the largest religious movements in modern America, accounting for more than 20% of the population, though numbers are more concentrated in the Outer System (more than 35%) than in the Inner System (less than 15%), while there are Internationalist Columbianists in INTO countries such as China, Mexico and Nigeria.

40Nn7UV.png

Teshuvah

Banned
Columbianism is a new religious movement founded by the Reverend Jim Jones in the late 1970s in San Francisco, California. Jones, then the preacher of the People's Temple and a well known figure in California politics (he was said to be a close spiritual advisor to Democratic Governor Ronald Reagan) started Columbianism after having received a vision from the archangel Columbia. Columbianism is a uniquely American religion. The Columbianist god is The Great Architect, who created the Universe and set its laws into motion but has little oversight or control over it. The archangels and angels instead oversee it, and the American way of life, governance and culture is seen as the ideal culture in a Columbianist universe. It is often describe as being either as "esoteric religious Freemasonry" or as "the vanguard organization for an American fascist movement" depending on how generous one is, and it is a karmic religion based around a constant cycle of death and rebirth that can only be broken through leading a just, virtuous life. Columbianism has become one of the largest religious movements in modern America, accounting for more than 20% of the population, though numbers are more concentrated in the Outer System (more than 35%) than in the Inner System (less than 15%), while there are Internationalist Columbianists in INTO countries such as China, Mexico and Nigeria.
So is this similar to the faux-founder religion in Bioshock Infinite?

Plausibility Check: American Orthodox Church as a Junior Patriarchate, replacing the Russian O.C. after the Soviets go full on extermination on them?

Plausibility Check: American Orthodox Church as a Junior Patriarchate, replacing the Russian O.C. after the Soviets go full on extermination on them?

Why not? I think the American Orthodox Church could do well with a Patriarchate with increased immigration from Russia and Eastern Europe.

Why not? I think the American Orthodox Church could do well with a Patriarchate with increased immigration from Russia and Eastern Europe.

I imagine the A.O.C would be fiercely more anti-Communist, and more influential, with a lot of displaced Orthodox Christians in America. I also wonder how they've gel with the Catholics in the Americas, and especially the Liberation Theology ones in Latin America?

I imagine the A.O.C would be fiercely more anti-Communist, and more influential, with a lot of displaced Orthodox Christians in America. I also wonder how they've gel with the Catholics in the Americas, and especially the Liberation Theology ones in Latin America?

Since it would probably be a U.S.-only organization (maybe Canada), I don't think they'd have to worry much about Liberation Theology.

They were founded in the 70s and already have eighteen denominations and their own Apocrypha?

It's the 2130s.

At the risk of soundinh foolish, where do I go to find out more?

Everyhting is just kind of scattered all about. Basically almost anyhting I've posted in this thread, the first Infobox thread, the map threads and then whatever threads I've posted in Writer's Forum. Just kind of all over the place, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.