Sealion successfull

So, what if Sealion was attempted and the Germans managed to sink all of the Royal Navy, eradicate the Royal Air Force and capture all of the UK?

Would they win the war???

:p:p:p:p:p

Sorry, I just couldnt help it!

Can somebody refer me to the thread where Operation Sealion is supposed to have been refuted?

here is one webpage, done by the late allison brooks.

another, by ian himself.

There are others, but these two cover different areas of the problems, and between them sum up most of the arguments nicely.

here is one webpage, done by the late allison brooks.

another, by ian himself.

There are others, but these two cover different areas of the problems, and between them sum up most of the arguments nicely.

But you haven't seen my version where Sealion succeeds! :p:D:eek:

Oh my you've mentioned the sea mammal that shoud not be,Shame on you.

First the UK is not going to fold up it's tents because it's occupied, Second to sucessfully conducta successful cross Channel invasion takes way more naval power and expertise than the German's had.

Oh my you've mentioned the sea mammal that shoud not be,Shame on you.

First the UK is not going to fold up it's tents because it's occupied, Second to sucessfully conducta successful cross Channel invasion takes way more naval power and expertise than the German's had.

Then the British would be Exterminieren! ;)

But I do not see why you can't understand my arguments...

1. The Me262 should have been pushed into production a lot sooner, so by 1940 you have like... 500 of them flying over the channel.

2. The Germans speed up the Elektro-Boats construction, they go into Scapa Flow and sink all the British ships. The channel is mined. The Italian Fleet makes an appearance outside Gibraltar, engages the Brits, crosses the straits and moves towards Great Britain. At the same time, Franco gives in and lets the Germans take Gibraltar.

3. The German Army engineers build pontoon bridges over the Channel, so that the Panzers don't need to use the barges but simply roll over the channel. They assured Hitler anyway, that the Channel crossing would not be more difficult than a river crossing.

4. German flying saucers fly over from the Antarctis and zap Churchill.

So? I find it highly plausible that this could work!

1. The Me262 should have been pushed into production a lot sooner, so by 1940 you have like... 500 of them flying over the channel.

2. The Germans speed up the Elektro-Boats construction, they go into Scapa Flow and sink all the British ships. The channel is mined. The Italian Fleet makes an appearance outside Gibraltar, engages the Brits, crosses the straits and moves towards Great Britain. At the same time, Franco gives in and lets the Germans take Gibraltar.

3. The German Army engineers build pontoon bridges over the Channel, so that the Panzers don't need to use the barges but simply roll over the channel. They assured Hitler anyway, that the Channel crossing would not be more difficult than a river crossing.

I wanna know what drugs you're on as I want the same ones. They sound fantastic. Gimme Gimme Gimme :D:D:D:D

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

I was going to argue, but this last point is so compelling....

Hitler could have made his tanks out of hemp so they can float over the channel. They could power them with hemp oil. And smoke their tanks if they gets hurt.

" Oooh...the two words you can never say in an alternate history forum: "Sealion successful""

It is heresy indeed. Someones needs to call Tomás de Torquemada and Jakob Sprenger. We are in need of an auto da fe.

You have all forgotten the one possible way it could succeed. POD is in the mid thirties Grand Fenwick becomes a fascist state and allies itself with Germany. After the German army over-runs France Hitler asks Grand Fenwick what the are going to do to contribute to the war effort, so they send 12 longbow men to Cherbourg, charter a french trawler, sail across the channel to land in England, the English army and government surrender before their fearsome might to avoid annihilation !