N00BWI: how might Sealion succeed?

Just have the Nazis build that Fuhrer battleship.

That or get the Japanese Navy to help them

OOC:D

OOC: Wow... only 31 threads with sealion in the title? I would have thought more.

IC: Once they get their Panzers across, they can just blitz all the way to Scotland no problem.

Have someone other than the Germans do it (i.e. someone with the necessary industrial capacity. Operation "Morskoy Lyev" anyone? )

Put the point of departure in 1920 have france england and belgium decide they need more farmland. They begin filling in the channel. By 1940 they've completed the project. When the panzers reach Dunkirk they keep chasing the Brits west till they reach the coast of Wales.:p

If the Germans had the foresight to prepare for it starting in the mid 30's instead of conquering france then a few weeks later start thinking that you might actually want to plan the next step.

Hire alien mercenaries to take out the Royal Navy and use their transporters to beam half the German Army into London

Austria produces Red Bull earlier than OTL, some crazy nazi bartender creates a prototype Jägerbomb, which quickly becomes the SS elite's drink of choice. It makes them more vigourous, and by the grace of St. Hubert, they swim across the channel... Churchill is hooked on Jägerbombs, and declares Germany as a perennial ally.

ninebucks

Banned
Okay... tanks are waterprove right? So why don't they just drive them along the seabed!? The English Navy would never know what hit 'em!

Why not simply strap the Panzers underneath the Imperial Zepplins and airdrop them onto Buck House's lawn?

Wait, so is the consensus really that there is no semi realistic POD after 1933. in which the infamous Marine Mammal can at least establish a beachhead and attempt a offensive?

Wait, so is the consensus really that there is no semi realistic POD after 1933. in which the infamous Marine Mammal can at least establish a beachhead and attempt a offensive?

It's because they are so slow moving and the noise they make means they can't launch a surprise attack

It could have worked if they had simplied planned to invade England prior to 1940. They had no plan in place and there were no preperations being made until the fall of france was guarenteed. But diverting resources to a naval invasion force would mean that another area would be lacking. I think if they took the time to develop a really good land based naval attack aircraft to atleast hold the Royal Navy off. If they planned and had time for the preperations it could have worked. It would mean abondoning the invasion of the USSR, and I wouldn't be suprised by the time all the men needed to supress the Brittish Isle were on the ground there that the Soviets would have launched there secret attack which they were planning on doing at some point. So it would be possible but would probablly have no bearing on the war. The only reason the Allies invaded main land europe was to secure western europe from the Soviets, by that time most higher ups knew it was a matter of time before the Soviets would win. I think the reason the Germans scrapped it was because what is to gain by capturing GB? THe loss of men would be great and at the time the UK possed little threat to the Germans anymore. I think they realized they had bigger fish to fry, so it is ASB to think that Sealowe would have worked before the fall of the USSR because there is so little to gain with the fall of Brittish Isle compared with the conquest of USSR.