Tales of the Shining Pearl: A Magsaysay Lives TL (Revamped)

ZGradt

Banned
Good to see that this TL has been revamped and fixed a lot of its errors. I look forward to its continuitation.

With a recently-divorced northern neighbour and communists to the south, National Service in Singapore is essentially be on crack and steroids once the Brits withdraw their forces in 1971 - assuming that's still happening. :eek:

Hope the Beatles' 1966 tour (assuming it still happens) goes better than OTL; it'd be hard for it not to go better...

Wait a second...

Why the Ilocano-language film industry is concentrated in Cagayan, instead of let's say, Laoag City or Candon, even Baguio?

You forgot to cover Cebuano-language film industry, the second oldest movie industry in the Philippines. And finally, the first Ilocano-language film ("Kislap ng Kaunlaran") should be titled in Ilocano.

Other than that, this is a brilliant update. :)

(I wanna see the next update on ATL development of Philippine TV)

Forgot about the Cebuano-language film industry. Posting about it in the next update or two, good thing I only posted that the two most popular are the Ilocano and Tagalog Film Industries, so high chance of recovery here :)

Change it; Ilocano Film Industry is headquartered in Laoag and Baguio City.
[/QUOTE]
Wow, it has improved

Sorry :) while I'm Bicolano, I don't speak Ilocano, I can't translate it, or wait, is there any Tagalog to Ilokano online translator :)
Unfortunately, there's no one. I have a Ilocano-Tagalog-English dictionary, though. And expect the rise of Bicolano-language film industry in the future posts...

I really wonder how Indonesia turn red in this TL. Suharto and his lackey took out Sukarno for a reason.

If the PH is dedicated to fighting communism here, they won't allow Indonesia to become communist because it might have a much bigger effect than Vietnam turning red.

Nonetheless, this is a better version. Looking forward to more.

Someone finally attempted to write a Magsaysay survival TL. Nice.

But this is actually a very difficult one. The event of Magsaysay surviving that fateful accident carries a lot of butterflies already. Heck, Macapagal gaining the presidency is pretty much uncertain at this point.

But nonetheless, I'll be reading this.

Gian

Banned
I wonder how ABS-CBN evolves in TLN and how is the status of animé/Manga in the Philippines.

When I read "16 REASONS WHY THE PHILIPPINES IS THE GREENEST COUNTRY ON EARTH" I felt like I was reading a Buzzfeed article on the Philippines.

Maybe an honorable mentions to the Basques of the Philippine? What would the Ayala Corporation be like today or Araneta? Did the Spanish language survive in the Philippines?

I'm curious to see how anime/manga is in the Philippines as I've always wanted to see native anime from the Philippines instead of just Tagalog dubbed anime.

I red in the earlier updates that private education and tutoring are banned in the 90s.

Once more, I want to know the person who made this education system.

On the other hand, what is the structure of the Philippine Government?

The Muslims and Lumads, how are they faring?

What happened to other nations? But I doubt Indonesia will still go red as in ye' first timeline.

It is a plain ASB to have French language as secondary foreign language over Spanish because the Philippines in the first place was not conquered by France, thus it has no historical value to be propagated to the Filipino people. Hispanic lobby in the academe is still present because of the presence of Filipino Academy of Spanish Language where Gloria Macapagal Arroyo is one of the members. Successors of Magsaysay, Garcia and Macapagal were poets in Spanish language. As late as 1970s, court documents were written in Spanish. As late as 1980s, the country had a weekly Spanish periodical. The Philippines follows the trend of the United States not France and since Spanish speaking was exponentially growing for the last 60 years in the US, the Philippines should follow the trend through propagation of Spanish language.

On Chinese language, only Chinese Filipinos would learn that language and their preferred Chinese language is Hokkien not Mandarin. Filipino masses without Chinese parentage will not embrace Chinese language because it has no historical and cultural value for them.