WI: Battle of Britan Sucessful then Hitler invades US

Say The Germans win the Battle of Britain, Occupy Britain,and Hitler decides to invade the US via Long Island and trying to bomb major US cities into Submission,How would people react if the Nazis Occupied the US and would they try to Assassinate Hitler ?

Say The Germans win the Battle of Britain, Occupy Britain,and Hitler decides to invade the US via Long Island and trying to bomb major US cities into Submission,How would people react if the Nazis Occupied the US and would they try to Assassinate Hitler ?

Nope, not gonna happen, as it's literally impossible.

Germany didn't have enough of a navy to get acrossed the Channel, where are they getting the navy to across the Atlantic?
btw IF the germans some how defeat england and occupy it the RN will be sitting in Canadian harbors

I see you're new here, so let me explain it to you. Operation Sealion is widely regarded as virtually impossible, though there are some on here who try to defend it. The Battle of Britain can't simply be "won", and even if somehow it is, the Germans have still got the RN to deal with. Let's be honest, Germany's surface fleet is not gonna win a fight with the Royal Navy. Now, even if the Nazis inconceivably sink most of the Royal Navy, tear apart the Royal Air Force, and cobble together the required logistical nightmare to invade Great Britain, all the while holding off the hungry Russian Bear in the East, it's still going to be incredibly difficult for them to attain a beachhead, maintain a foothold, and conquer the island against massive civilian resistance. But hell, let's assume they do all of that.

They are never, ever, ever going to be able to sail across the 3000 mile Atlantic Ocean, against a Navy created by the largest industrial base in the world, and take over a nation almost the size of Europe, and then HOLD it. I'm sorry, it just simply cannot happen.

Deleted member 1487

Hitler never ever even in his insane wildest dreams talked about invading the US, nor did he wan to conquer it; it wanted to compete with it economically by conquering Europe's resources, which is as far as he wanted to go.

Germany didn't have enough of a navy to get acrossed the Channel, where are they getting the navy to across the Atlantic?
btw IF the germans some how defeat england and occupy it the RN will be sitting in Canadian harbors

Yeah. During World War II, Britain had the biggest battle fleet in the world. Right behind it were the United States and Canada. The three largest navies on Earth might have something to say about a Nazi invasion of North America. And they will speak with their guns.

Yeah. During World War II, Britain had the biggest battle fleet in the world. Right behind it were the United States and Canada. The three largest navies on Earth might have something to say about a Nazi invasion of North America. And they will speak with their guns.

Well put :D

In the Battle of Britain time period I'm pretty sure there were several Axis navies larger than the Canadian navy.

Alien Space Bat intervention. 80,000,000 Germans defeating 50,000,000 Britons and 140,000,000 Americans and 14,000,000 (#'s?) Canadians and (hello!) 200,000,000 Russians and Mexico which brings in another 20,000,000 (#'s?) to the party...:eek:

Um, Long Island?? Hap Arnold would like a word with you...

Hitler would be dead before a fully occupied Nazi Europe could ever buiild up a navy to even stand on their own two feet, never mind challenge the USA in its own home waters.

The Atlantic Ocean-North, South, and Central-is NOT the Central and Western and Southern Pacific. It is more like the Eastern and Northern Pacific. No islands, no conceivable bases from which to project power towards North America.

Rubicon

Banned
Yeah. During World War II, Britain had the biggest battle fleet in the world. Right behind it were the United States and Canada. The three largest navies on Earth might have something to say about a Nazi invasion of North America.
Maybe in 1945 Canada had the third largest navy in the world after the French, Italian, German and Japanese navies had been destroyed. In a world in which the axis are this victorious it likely isn't.

Hitler never ever even in his insane wildest dreams talked about invading the US, nor did he wan to conquer it; it wanted to compete with it economically by conquering Europe's resources, which is as far as he wanted to go.

Well if you follow the logic of Naziism (namely the whole bit that says much of international relations is dominated by a constant struggle to acquire more and more living space)to its ultimate end, you do get there. But yeah...

Deleted member 1487

Well if you follow the logic of Naziism (namely the whole bit that says much of international relations is dominated by a constant struggle to acquire more and more living space)to its ultimate end, you do get there. But yeah...

I'm not saying he won't potential get there over a long enough time frame filled with even crazier success than IOTL, but IOTL he did not AFAIK ever even mention an invasion.

The USA will rally its forces from the Antarctica Base to launch a decapitation strike directly on Berlin.

When combined the Moon Base's orbital strikes in support, there is nothing Germany can do to resist the Allied forces.

Forget fighting back. If all three navies said, fuck it and sank every single ship they had Germany still couldn't have pulled off an invasion Britain, let alone North America.

Also, I don't think Canada was 3 in 1941.

I don't know, guys. I think the Nazis could capture an Allied Chronosphere and just teleport their troops over the Atlantic, then maybe buff their Panzer divisions with a series of Iron Curtains captured from the Soviets. That ought to be enough to secure a beachhead anyway.

I don't know, guys. I think the Nazis could capture an Allied Chronosphere and just teleport their troops over the Atlantic, then maybe buff their Panzer divisions with a series of Iron Curtains captured from the Soviets. That ought to be enough to secure a beachhead anyway.
But what about the Hollowearth Saucers? They would be more than capable of pushing the Germans back into the sea.