Plausibility of a Roman Catholic Romania?

Romania and Moldova are the only major Romance language cultures to be traditionally Orthodox Christian rather than Roman Catholic. Is it possible, with a POD in/after 1330, but before 1500 for both to be Catholi rather than Orthodox in orientation?

Stephen the Great was given the title of Champion of the Faith by the Pope and if I recall right he considered converting to Roman Catholicism to ensure Moldavia's independence after his death but I'm sure he would've met violent opposition by both the boyars and the peasants. As for Wallachia I have no idea if conversion is possible at all.

PS: The Romanian and Moldovan cultures are practically identical.

Wallachia and Moldavia could and at times did end up 'in the orbit' of regional Catholic great powers like Hungary(-Croatia) and sometimes Poland too.

Especially Hungary could have done so.

Okay, but what change could allow or cause Catholic dominance to endure in both Moldavia and Wallachia?

Abhakhazia

Banned
Romania's proximity to both Constantinople, and in later years, the Russians, put pressure on them to be Orthodox. But, I agree with Janprimus that longer, earlier and more complete Hungarian dominance over the country could make it Catholic.

Romania's proximity to both Constantinople, and in later years, the Russians, put pressure on them to be Orthodox. But, I agree with Janprimus that longer, earlier and more complete Hungarian dominance over the country could make it Catholic.

Then how is this achieved?

No one has any specific way in which it could be done in the 1330-1500 timeframe?

Well, I'm not exactly an expert on this, but maybe a weaker Turkish presence in the Northern Balkans, allowing the Hungarians to swoop in and take Romania fairly early on?

Hungarian supremacy over Wallachia and Moldavia happened at various points in our timeline with little effect on religion. That's not enough.