Two words for you: Reverse Sealion.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Reverse Sealion.png

Is this some sort of attempt at trolling? Because anyone on this website must have some awareness of the impossibility of Operation Sealion. British naval superiority, air superiority not negating this naval superiority, yadda yadda...

Cook

Banned
Everyone seems to forget, Hitler had the ability to construct a battleship a day. Sealion would have been successful.

Of course he did.
And Von Braun sent a flying saucer to the Moon in 1943.
:p

You need to post this thread in ASB Polarity.

I'm betting the under here.

I'll tell y'all a tale.

There was this recent game of RUSE, a WWII real-time strategy game that would arguably blow the current gen of games away. Now there was this mode called Operations, which pits you in five challenging AH scenarios.

One of them was Seelowe.

The premise was that after a hard-fought Battle of Britain, with a still strong RAF and stronger still RN in control of the Channel, the Germans barely landed enough ground elements. Barely, because they had no air support or navy whatsoever, except this experimental Wilberwind mobile AA platform and enough resources to scratch out a panzerkorp from nothing. The goal was to destroy the RAF presence.

I tried everything. Decoys, hidden AA forests inside forests, mass concentration of 88s up front... They still got crushed. Whatever I build, the British would build double, and since I focused on multirole AA units, therefore it was natural they went with masses of mobile artillery SP guns. There was only so much my line of AA could do before they got utterly crushed by artillery and RAF fighter-bombers. Even that experimental Wilberwind got taken out pretty fast once London put its mind to it.

Of course, this is only game. It should also be a cautionary tale.

:p

Originally Posted by Polarity
I'm not Polarity today, I'm Pac-man.

WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA.

Bonkers.

The Germans could have won with Sealion in 1940/41 (note the specific time)... if they had nuclear powered squid, amphibious dinosaurs and supersonic great white sharks...

I'm not Polarity today, I'm Pac-man.

WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA.

And Ian is the monster that kills you.

Come on... Everyone knows that Hitler could have done it with nuclear powered battle zeppelins and an army of the undead.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Translation please :confused:

Betting the Under is a reference to the Over:Under bet that is available for most sporting events. In this context it implies that something bad is about to happen to the OP or the thread.

As an aside my frieds & I also set an over:under whenever somebody gets married. Mean? maybe. Funny? Oh Yea, especially when the marrige is an obvious mistake.

We had one where the over:under was before the reception started.:p