Ivalice as Europe.

Gallione sounds Italian. Piedmont was the leading province in the Italian nationalist movement. The Italian monarchs hail from Piedmont, and the Beoulves come from Gallionne. Hey, it could have been Latium (whose capital is Rome), but that would be better suited for Murond. -

Lionel is a peninsula brimming with religious zeal, and what better place to align it with than Castile, the strongest (and arguably the most devout) of the three Iberian kingdoms? +

Lesalia is an imperial stronghold at the centre of the continent (assuming that's what Ivalice is), and so was Austria. Not much more to say. +

Fovoham lies within Lesalia's sphere of influence in that the former doesn't seem to hold as much power as the latter, and thus is more likely to be influenced than to influence. The case was somewhat true for Westphalia and Austria, respectively. -

Zeltennia is a kingdom in the far east with political intrigue that puts all other kingdoms to shame. During both the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, Muscovy was plagued with internal strife, though the biggest dispute takes place a decade before the Thirty Years War. -

Limberry has an exotic-looking representative in Elmdor, and it lies by a lake; the people of Byzantium were long thought of as un-European by their western counterparts, and these Byzantines resided by Lake Marmara. Hmm... +

The three with a minus sign are the ones which aren't altogether solid comparisons, at least IMHO. I'm sure there could be better places for the three with a plus sign, but, after reading my European history books, I'm convinced there's none.