Composite TL

Method&PoD

• Total voters
Grey Wolf said:
NOSB, I was accidentally able to vote for 2 different time periods at once

Grey Wolf

that's fine, just tell me which one you wanted. It's okay to vote for more then one, if you want a PoD in one of those times

Grey Wolf

Donor
I would have to vote for 1800 plus unless we looking at a 15th-16th century British POD as I simply wouldnt know what the fluffy was going on

Grey Wolf

I liked the original "Composite TL II" w/ its ancient-times POD and the directions it went in. However, it died out (pity...if it'd gotten further ahead, I'd have been able to do my Nestorian Turko-Mongol Russia).

However, it seems most people want a later POD.

Shouldn't this be the "Composite TL III"?

Matt Quinn said:
I liked the original "Composite TL II" w/ its ancient-times POD and the directions it went in. However, it died out (pity...if it'd gotten further ahead, I'd have been able to do my Nestorian Turko-Mongol Russia).

However, it seems most people want a later POD.

Shouldn't this be the "Composite TL III"?

Yes, but i like all knowledge of two, not taking part in it and I don't like sequels.

Yeah, its rolling!!
About the POD-to late and we can not experiment enough-to early and it will be fantasy.
But i will in enjoy it anyway!!!

Okay, its been one day since i posted the poll. I'll kept it going for another 2-3 days and then we'll pick a PoD.

If its a modern POD, I sure hope we're gonna do it by years, so I'll be able to pick a later year. I'm better at ancient stuff, so a modern POD means I'll have to BS alot (cuz I'm too lazy to research :D ), which'll be easier the further away from the POD I get.

Well, let's start talking about a PoD. 1st Composite TL was the British invasion of South Americe during the Napoleonic wars being succesfully. The 2nd from what i gather was Medival. What should we try now? must people appear to lean towards modern.

Nosb said:
Well, let's start talking about a PoD. 1st Composite TL was the British invasion of South Americe during the Napoleonic wars being succesfully. The 2nd from what i gather was Medival. What should we try now? must people appear to lean towards modern.
The second (at least the one I did) was 6th century. No specific POD, we just ran the various states as we saw fit, which, of course, went differently than OTL.

Grey Wolf

Donor
fenkmaster said:
If we want a specific PoD, how about Napoleon wins Waterloo? Pretty straightforward I would say.

Perhaps the most likely outcome of that would be that he gets defeated soon afterwards anyway ? If in order to have Napoleon win at Waterloo you have Blucher not turn up, then the next battle could be Prussian-dominated

Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf said:
Perhaps the most likely outcome of that would be that he gets defeated soon afterwards anyway ? If in order to have Napoleon win at Waterloo you have Blucher not turn up, then the next battle could be Prussian-dominated

Grey Wolf

Sounds good, maybe Germany starts becoming unified straight after the Napoleonic war.

Hey hey, dont spoil evreything.
I suggest we have a POD that is not so clear like "Germany is united" but rather "Blüchers horse got a colic" or something.
If someone wants him to come late-ok.
If someone decides elseway-ok aswell (if I got the rules right. They should be made very clear!!!)

I'd say 1500s-1700s, early enough to make decent changes though late enough so that there is a lot of knowledge about it.

If we want something earlier...

What if the British fleet was wrecked by a storm prior to the Armada's arrival in 1588?

Or what if Francis II, King of France had won his bid for election as HR Emperor over Charles V of Austria in 1519?

Grey Wolf

Donor
I order to be a little obscure, how about Henry VII's third son, Edmund Duke of Somerset lives to adulthood ?

Grey Wolf