What happened here? A look at WWII.

What happened here? Create a scenario on what could have happened to create these maps of 1930's/1940's WWII era government types and major leaders. The most important leaders have their names in super-imposed black & white text. The first map is below:

RedHawk.GIF

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
I don't get it, why doesn't India have a government ? Its always had one, even when it was a vice-royalty... And whats the opposite of having a government - anarchy ? wasteland ? Or do you mean to imply it has somehow become a completely subservient colony ?

Grey Wolf

Why didn't Australia just do that Brisbane line plan and give the Japanese everything north of Brisbane like was the plan?

Grey Wolf said:
I don't get it, why doesn't India have a government ? Its always had one, even when it was a vice-royalty... And whats the opposite of having a government - anarchy ? wasteland ? Or do you mean to imply it has somehow become a completely subservient colony ?

Grey Wolf

The opposite of having a government is anarchy, or no government. In this particular scenario, given it's vicinity to other major powers and the fact that WWII is going on, I think there's a chance that it could have been invaded and subsequently had its government collapse.

michael said:
Why didn't Australia just do that Brisbane line plan and give the Japanese everything north of Brisbane like was the plan?

Who's to say that the Brisbane plan was even concieved? I mean, this is a timeline where Australia is a continent with multiple nations.

POTUS P.Diffin said:
Who's to say that the Brisbane plan was even concieved? I mean, this is a timeline where Australia is a continent with multiple nations.

Which means the POD is pre 1901 or perhaps even pre 1905.

Damn, I just noticed two errors:

1. Azana is still listed as leader of Spain in one of the maps.
2. The Philippines, Indonesia, etc. are all in purple. They should be in gray, since they're under Japanese occupation.

I'll fix those two soon.

So Australia is more than one nation? Shall we assume that the two nations, prior to Japanese arrival, were not of the same empire? Perhaps Holland acquired Australia East and the British own Australia West, hence the decision by Japan not to invade.

Is Brazil split between communism, or has Spain invaded and a new leader emerged to rally Brazil against the invasion?

Japan must have grabbed the Soviet areas prior to the 1930s, or Stalin would be toast. For Germany, this likely means the Red Army is much more experienced and battle-hardened, probably a better officer corps too.

Oops, sorry, Spain is communist? That would certainly alter German plans vis a vis USSR. No two-front wars if possible.

Clearly the US actively favored Quebec independence as a useful tool, hence the expansion of Quebec, perhaps now favoring French immigration to strengthen it further. The British kept a few scraps, or are those separatist movements under American influence?

Grimm Reaper said:
So Australia is more than one nation? Shall we assume that the two nations, prior to Japanese arrival, were not of the same empire? Perhaps Holland acquired Australia East and the British own Australia West, hence the decision by Japan not to invade.

That would be the most plausible. Or perhaps the existence of a Militarist China could have served as a deterrent to and invasion of Australia.

Grimm Reaper said:
Is Brazil split between communism, or has Spain invaded and a new leader emerged to rally Brazil against the invasion?

That could be. The other possibility is that Spain has sponsored various Communist factions in Brazil or it's neighboring countries.

Grimm Reaper said:
Japan must have grabbed the Soviet areas prior to the 1930s, or Stalin would be toast. For Germany, this likely means the Red Army is much more experienced and battle-hardened, probably a better officer corps too.

One problem: There isn't a Soviet Union. Note that Russia is marked as an Autocracy on this map, not a Communist state.
Oops, sorry, Spain is communist? That would certainly alter German plans vis a vis USSR. No two-front wars if possible.

Grimm Reaper said:
Clearly the US actively favored Quebec independence as a useful tool, hence the expansion of Quebec, perhaps now favoring French immigration to strengthen it further. The British kept a few scraps, or are those separatist movements under American influence?

No, the British did keep some land for themselves. And Alaska has been a War-torn state since the mid-1930's.

Did Hitler conquer Poland and SE Europe before 1939, or were Germany and A-H united in 19th century?

The Dutch might've managed to keep NE Brazil...

Max Sinister said:
Did Hitler conquer Poland and SE Europe before 1939, or were Germany and A-H united in 19th century?

The Dutch might've managed to keep NE Brazil...

Hitler conquered Poland still in 1939 in this ATL, he just did it earlier in the year, hence the reason it's labeled part of Germany.

The Dutch likely still held on to North East Brazil. Maybe there was a kind of "Scramble for Brazil" in the 1800's...