King Michael of Nebraska

Leo Caesius

Banned
Mikey said:
Is there any way that a state within the US can have a theocracy or monarchy as their government, or a dictatorship?

I suspect that a theocracy or a dictatorship would not be all that difficult, but things would have to be worded in such a way that pays lip service to things like equal protection, no establishment of religion, etc. Considering that some states have, in the past, heavily plagiarized from the book of Leviticus for their legal codes, and been dominated by colorful figures (Huey Long, Buddy Cianci) or individual religious groups (Maryland, Utah), such a form of government is theoretically possible, if unlikely. IMO, the best way to install such a form of government is to do so under the guise of "democracy" (which is itself an ill-defined, nebulous concept), all the while branding detractors as irreligious or unpatriotic cranks.

Monarchy, or any sort of hereditary office or title of nobility, is anathema to the American constitution and thus could only exist on paper. I could imagine a political dynasty emerging, but succession could not be legally ensured.

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Leo Caesius said:
Monarchy, or any sort of hereditary office or title of nobility, is anathema to the American constitution and thus could only exist on paper. I could imagine a political dynasty emerging, but succession could not be legally ensured.

I know there are several places in the US Constitution which say this quite starkly, eg Article 1 Section 9 Clause 8: No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.
or
Section. 10. Clause 1: No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Taken together these clauses prevent anyone having a title of nobility that means anything, as neither the USA as a federal organ, nor any of the states, can grant this.

Article 3 Section. 4.
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Now, dictatorships usually claim to be republics, and one could argue that a consensual theocracy is also. But it prevents there being any hereditary system, at least by a strict adherence to the law

Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf said:
I know there are several places in the US Constitution which say this quite starkly, eg Article 1 Section 9 Clause 8: No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.
or
Section. 10. Clause 1: No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Taken together these clauses prevent anyone having a title of nobility that means anything, as neither the USA as a federal organ, nor any of the states, can grant this.

Article 3 Section. 4.
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Now, dictatorships usually claim to be republics, and one could argue that a consensual theocracy is also. But it prevents there being any hereditary system, at least by a strict adherence to the law

Grey Wolf

I don't know, we have George II in there now, and it is not unusual for sons and daughters to take over the seat of their parent (Chaffee in Rhode Island, and the various Kennedys).

What is the difference between a system that allows its members to bequethe political power by giving greater access and control of the electoral process and one that just gives the title?

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Norman said:
I don't know, we have George II in there now, and it is not unusual for sons and daughters to take over the seat of their parent (Chaffee in Rhode Island, and the various Kennedys).

What is the difference between a system that allows its members to bequethe political power by giving greater access and control of the electoral process and one that just gives the title?

Lodges, Tafts, Rockerfellers, Gores etc - but whilst you have political dynasties its like business dynasties, in fact politics has become a business in America.

George Junior may have owed his election to a brother luckily in a position of power, to the cohorts of his father and of his own business background history, but he didn't accede by right of birth

Sometimes an effect is the same but for very different reasons

Grey Wolf

1770 - Boston Massacre occurs. Though all the soldiers are acquitted the King sends an apology.

1775 - Benjamin Franklin and other moderate leaders of the continent congress meet with agents from King George III. They offer the Americans seats in parliament but Franklin offers a revised Albany Plan. The colonies would be unified under the Congress and be free to make their own laws however George would rule over them as Emperor of America. The agents leave and inform the King, he likes this proposal however he knows Prime Minister North will never agree to it so he removes him and replaces him with William Pitt.

1776 - George III is crown Emperor of America in Philadelphia. Franklin is made the first governor-general. Samuel Adams presides over Congress as President and George Washington becomes head of the American Army. The Capital is made in Philadelphia and the 13 colonies are united and all British territories in North America are given over to America for administration.

1791 - The French Revolution Erupts. Luis tries to flee but is killed. British agents save his son however and wisk him away to Great Britain. Foreign forces try to invade but French forces led by Napoleon Bonaparte repulse the invaders.

1800-1850 - Industrial Revolution goes same as IRL

1801 - Ireland and Great Britain are joined in an Act of Union. Catholic flea to America where anti-Catholicism isn't as rampant as in Scotland and Great Britain. However fighting will continue to generations.

1802 - West Point is established in America to train officers for the American army.

1804 - Napoleon is crowned Emperor of France however he keeps most if not all of the reforms made during the revolution and adds new ones.

1805 - British ships defeat French and Spanish ships at the battles of Nile and Trafalgar. The hero of the battle is the commander of the British Horatio Nelson, even though he is killed during the battle. Before the battle Nelson signals the fleet “England expects every man to do his duty”.
- Napoleon forces several nations to cede him land in Italy paving the way to allow him to be crowned King of Italy.

1806 - The Holy Roman Empire collapses.
- The British seize the colony of Cape Town in South Africa from the French-dominated Dutch.

1807 - Great Britain bans all trade with the European continent. Merchants from around the Empire are less than pleased.
- American frigate Chesapeake fires on a French man-of-war signaling Americas support for the British brothers.

1808 - America bans the importation of slaves, making it one of the first parts of the British Empire to do so.

1811 - George III goes insane Parliament declares a regency led by the Prince of Wales. America and Scotland agree.
- Parts of the Spanish empire in South America are occupied by American and British forces to prevent them from falling into the hands of Napoleon

1812 - Napoleon invaded Russia. Seeing their opportunity, Britain organizes an expeditionary force to go to the mainland and defeat Napoleon. American forces are lead by Andrew Jackson, but over all command falls to Arthur Wellesley.
- Quebec revolts after learning of America's involvement against Napoleon who many consider to be the savior of the French. American General William Henry Harrison counters the revolt.
- Commodore Mathew Perry leads a group of ships, which engages the remains of the French fleet. He sends a dispatch to London and Philadelphia “We have me the enemy and they are ours”, it will go on to become a famous quote

1813 - Battle of Nations is fought at Leipzig, after the failure of Napoleon in Russia.
- Mexico declares itself free.
- Battle of Quebec City and Montreal are fought as the "Quebec Insurrection" continues

1814 - In return for Quebecois forces burning Toronto, American forces burn Quebec City.
- Allied forces enter Paris, Napoleon abdicates and flees to the island of Elba. The Dauphin returns and is crowned Louis XVIII
- Treaty of Montreal ends the Quebec Insurrection.

1815 - Napoleon returns for 100 days. He is defeated at the Battle of Waterloo by Generals Wellesley, Jackson, and Blutcher. Gaining fame is the American Irish Guard’s Marine Division, soon to become the King’s Irish Guard.
- The Congress of Vienna meets to redraw the map of Europe. Among the decisions made are the replacement of the Holy Roman Empire with the Confederation of the Rhine, a united Netherlands, and important territory gains for Russia, Sweden, Britain, America, and Prussia.
- America retains Venezuela and Cartegena but returns Paraguay to Spain.
- In return for loyal service America becomes independent, this is made official by the Prince of Wales and Parliament, the new nation is called the United Empire of America. Britain gives America dominion over all of their previous holdings in North America. Andrew Jackson, hero of the Napoleonic Wars is declared Emperor of America. In Philadelphia, Andrew Jackson is crown King Andrew I, Emperor of America. He promises a liberal regime but he will rule in fact, not as figurehead.

1816 - King Andrew I and Congress meet in Philadelphia to write a new constitution. It places a limit on Imperial power, splitting powers between Congress, the Emperor and the Judiciary. The Emperor will sit has the executive branch of government, Congress will be split into two houses. The Lower House, called the Representative Assembly, will be elected by the people of each province, depending on the population of the province is the number of seats they will have. The upper house will be called the Imperial Senate, each provinces legislature will send 2 representatives, an equal number will be appointed by the Emperor and serve as hereditary seats (unless the Emperor recalls them).
- Argentina declares its independence.
- His first official act he declares his friend William Henry Harrison his heir, giving him the title Arch-Duke of New England. In his second act he gives independence to Quebec who declares a regency.

1818 - Congress agrees on the Imperial Flag. It will have 13 stripes of alternating red and white. In the upper left corner will have a blue section with a number of stars, each star will represent one province.
- Chile declares its independence.

1820 – A Mass exodus of British citizens colonize South Africa, touching off a conflict between British settlers and the Dutch

1821 - a number of states in South America declare their independence from a weakened Spain. Colonel Simon Bolivar puts down a revolution in American Venezuela
- Famine in Ireland. Massive amounts of Irish Catholics immigrate to America
- Liberia is establish in Africa, America’s first African colony

1822 - The UEA and Great Britain both recognize Mexico and Gran Columbia
- Brazil is declared independent. Dom Pedro I is crowned Emperor of Brazil.
- France, Spain, Prussia, and Russia plan to send troops to reclaim the lost Spanish colonies but the Royal and Imperial American navies change their minds

1823 - The UEA passes the Monroe doctrine, named after President Monroe. It closes off colonization of the Americas. The British, who like the open markets of South America, support this policy.

1825 - Uruguay revolts against Brazilian rule but fails, even with Argentine support. Brazil declares war on Argentina.
- George IV of Great Britain visits Andrew I in Philadelphia, reinforcing the bond between the two empires.
- Eire Canal links New York City with the Great Lakes
- Peru invites Freidrich Wilhelm IV to become King of the new Imperial Kingdom of Peru. He accepts and marries Louisa Cortez, daughter of a wealthy landowner. America complains but does little more. Thus begins the era of Hohenzollern rule in South America.

1826 - Political parties begin to form over the issue of Imperial power. Some see the Emperor as a figurehead while others see him as equal if not superior to congress. Eventually two parties form The Tories and Whigs.

1830 - The Mormon Church is founded.
- The July Revolution erupts in France. Charles X is replaced with Luis Phillipe. Charles X flees to Quebec
- The July Revolution spills over into Belgium as they fight for their independence which they will win.

1834 - Quebec decides to end its regency and declares itself a Kingdom, Charles X of France is crowned King Charles I of Quebec, though he still claims the French Throne.

1836 - Battle of the Alamo.
- Texas declares itself independent, proclaiming Samuel Houston King Samuel I. King Andrew I of America recognizes Texas and Houston, followed closely by Britain.

1838 - King Andrew I, retires from public life, abdicating to his heir. William Henry Harrison is proclaimed King William I on the 4th of July. His son, John Harrison, now Prince, is given the title of Arch-Duke of New England, making it hereditary.

1842 – The Opium War opens china to trade and colonization
- Peru receives military training and aid from Prussia

1845 - King William I of America dies, his son is crown King John I.
- Brazil modernizes her army and receives training from Britain

1846 - Mexico declares war on America over Texas. Texas quickly declares war on Mexico. The war quickly begins going badly for the Mexicans as the highly trained and equipped American troops march through Mexico causing havoc.
- California declares itself independent and declares war on Mexico.
- Brigham Young leads his Mormon follower west. They settle and establish Salt Lake City.
- More starving Irish immigrate to America
- Averting War, the provinces agree on a course of federal compensation for release of the slaves.

1847 - General Winfield Scott lands troops in Vera Cruize and approaches Mexico City.

1848 - The Mexican War ends. Mexico is forced to recognize California and Texas and pay indemnities to all 3 of the allies.
- The February Revolution over throws Luis Phillipe of France and places Luis Napoleon in as president.

1849 - The Republic of Deseret is proclaimed free and independent by Brigham Young who becomes its first president. They are located in the North of Mexico but the war weary Mexicans can't afford to put them down, especially when America, Texas, California and Britain all recognize it.

1852 - Luis Napoleon crowns himself Emperor Napoleon III of France. Charles X/I dies, his son is crowned King Louis I, he recognizes the Empire of France

1853 - Commodore Mathew Perry enters Edo Bay and forces Japan to open its ports.
- America sends military advisors to train the Texans, Deserets, and Californians.
- The Crimean War begins
- Torie and Whig parties begin to emerge.

1854 - Boars in South Africa organize the Orange Freestate.

1855 - Alexander II becomes Czar after his father Nicholas II dies. He will one day free all Russian serfs.

1856 - Crimean War ends
- William Walker sets himself up as King William I of Nicaragua. He envisions a Central American Empire where slavery will flourish

1857 – King William of Nicaragua invades and conquers Costa Rica, shortly thereafter American troops arrive and depose the would be king. Greater Nicaragua is established as a colony
- Sepoy Rebellion; India is placed under the control of the Crown

1859 - France declares war on Austria, but gets more than it bargained for. Austria withdraws and Italy revolts.

1860 – Victor Emmanuel II is crowned King of Italy

1861 - Czar Alexander II frees the serfs in Russia.
- King Friedrich Wilhelm I of Peru dies. His son is crowned King Friedrich Wilhelm II.

1862 - Plans are made for a trans-continental railroad in America
- First Ironclad is invented in America, named the HIMS Monitor

1863 - The French occupy Mexico and offer the crown of Mexico to Maximilian of Austria who is crowned His Most Catholic Majesty Emperor Maximilian I of Mexico.
- Denmark and Sweden are united through marriage. The heir of this union will be the sovereign of both countries.

1866 - Prussia declares war on Austria.
- King Samuel I of Texas dies. The Texans offer the crown to House Harrison, King Benjamin I is crowned in Houston.
- Wars rage in South America as the Paraguay and Argentina once again battle Brazil and in the North, Peru marches on Gran Columbia

1867 – Emperor Maximilian reforms Mexico creating a Parliament. This wins over many Mexicans to his side and ends any talk of rebellion
- Austria-Hungary is created in a compromise
- General Sherman, of the UEA crushes the organization known as the KKK in the south

1868 - The Meiji Restoration begins in Japan
- King John I dies in Philadelphia with no direct heir. The Congress is torn, some members of Congress wish to give the crown to King Benjamin of Texas, King John’s brother, however others are in favor of the Duke of Mississippi, Lord Jefferson Davis. In the end Davis wins and is crowned King Jefferson. King Benjamin orders Texan troops across the border. Deseret chooses to support King Jefferson’s claim and declares war on Texas. Mexico supports their old enemy Texas.

1869 - The Suez Canal is opened
- Peru annexes Gran Columbia, America captures Panama and manages to hold it
- American troops under General Sherman and General Forrest begin a two pronged push against Austin.

1870 - The Franco-Prussian war begins. France is crushed and Prussia is a step closer to uniting Germany under itself.
- The Paraguayan War ends and Brazil annexes Paraguay and forces Argentina to pay an indemnity. Argentina begins modernizing its military.
- American and Deseret troops occupy Texas forcing surrender. Mexico soon follows suit. King Jefferson is recognized and King Benjamin is forced to give up his claim. In addition Deseret annexes a piece of Texan territory ending the American War of Succession.

1871 - The German states are unified under Prussia, realizing Otto Von Bismark’s dream, the country is named Germany. Wilhelm I is crowned Kaiser. In the peace treaty with France, Germany gains part of Alsace and Lorraine. Napoleon III manages to hang onto his crown however.
- King Jefferson extends colonial control of Africa. Renaming the region American West Africa.

1872 - Gambia, Guinea, and Ghana are attached to American West Africa.

1873 – Emperor Napoleon III dies, his son is crowned Napoleon IV
-Denmark-Sweden agree on shortening the name to the Kingdom of Sweden

1877 - Great Britain, under Queen Victoria, annexes South Africa and begins fighting with the Boars and Orange Freestate

1881 - Czar Alexander II is assassinated. His son becomes Czar Alexander III.
- Charles Parnell, an Irish activist, flees to America, which is becoming heavily Irish and Catholic. Most people accept this

1882 - France extends a protectorate over Madagascar as Italy begins colonizing the Northeastern coast of Africa
-Triple Alliance is signed between Italy, Austria, and Germany

1883 - Henry Maxim invents the Maxim gun, ensuring that Western Europe and North America will succeed in their colonial adventures
- War of the Pacific ends, Chile is defeated by the modern and superior Peruvian military. They are forced to pay an indemnity and lose northern territory

1884 - Germany establishes control over Southwest Cameroon in Africa.
- Berlin Conference is held

1885 - Belgium establish the Congo as a colony under the direct control of King Leopold
- Germany annexes part of East Africa. Britain encourages Italy to expand in Northeast Italy.

1887 – Triple Alliance is renewed; Germany increases its army. However privately Germany and Russia sign a non-aggression pact as Germany recognizes Russian control of the Balkans and Russia recognizes Germany’s control of all of the lands currently within the German Empire

1888 - Kaiser Wilhelm I dies, his son become Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany.
- Brazil frees the last of their slaves and compensates their masters, most remain on the plantations though as very cheap labor

1889 - Wilford Woodriff becomes President of Deseret and President of the Mormon Church after Brigham Young's death.
- Emperor Maxilimilian I of Mexico is assassinated, he dies saying "viva Mexico". His son become Emperor Carlos I of Mexico.

1890 - Kaiser Wilhelm II forces Otto Von Bismarck into retirement
- Deseret declares Polygamy illegal after President Woodriff supposedly has a vision from God telling him to do this.

1892 - Britain finally crushes the last of the Boer rebellion and further encourages immigration to its principle colonies.

1893 - France takes over Laos, starting a colonial empire in Indo-China

1894 - France and Germany reach an agreement over the boarder of German Kamaroon and French holdings. This calms tensions slightly but all the colonial empires eye each other wearily.
- Nicholas II is crowned Czar in Russia
- The UEA and Deseret sign a mutual defense pact

1895 - Japan annexes Formosa
- Lenin is arrested and exiled to Siberia, he will die of the flu

1896 – Gold is found in Russian Alaska, Czar Nicholas will use this money to modernize his aging military

1897 – The UEA and Hawaii reach an agreement. Each will maintain its own legislature but will have the same ruler. King Jefferson is crowned, King of Hawaii in Honolulu in August. Though Hawaii it technically independent, with its own military, they will be dependant on the UEA, and the UEA military.

1898 – The UEA declares war on Spain after the HIMS Imperial Sovereign is sunk in Cuba. The Americans quickly seize the Caribbean and Philippines. They force Spain’s surrender and take the lands they conquered.

1899 - Filipino’s rebel against United troops. The war will last three years.

1900 - The Boxer Rebellion breaks out in China and is brutally put down by French, British, Germany, Russian, Japanese, and UEA forces.

1901 - King Jefferson dies with no heir. Congress chooses Lord Theodore Roosevelt, Earl of New York City to succeed him. Reflecting UEA’s new role in the Pacific, King Theodore is given the new title of Protector of the Pacific.
- Cuba is made a Province of the UEA.
- Queen Victoria dies in England, Edward VII is crowned her successor
- Russia annexes Manchuria

1902 - Reflecting the UEA struggle for unionization and rights for laborers the American Socialist Party is founded. It quickly gains seats in the Popular Assembly though it remains a minority in the Senate
- Friedrich Wilhelm II dies in Lima. His son is Crowned Friedrich Alejandro I.

1903 - The Wright Brothers make their first flight in Kittyhawk, North Carolina, being credited with the invention of the aeroplane.
- King Theodore I orders the construction of the Panama canal through southern American Greater Nicaragua

1904 - Czar Nicholas II begins loosening absolutism in Russia somewhat by appointing Stolypin Premier.
- The Russo-Japanese war breaks out and ends in a draw. Manchuria is declared an independent buffer state. Korea is given to the Japanese, Sakhalin Island is given to Russia.

1905 - Great Britain launches the HMS Dreadnought, revolutionizing naval warfare. This single launch renders every pre-dreadnought battleship obsolete.
- The Duma is created

1908 – Great Britain, France, and America sign an alliance. They court Russia who refuses.
- Model T is created in America ushering in the era of mass produced cars and the assembly line
- King Theodore visits Greater Nicaragua while inspecting the construction of the Nicaraguan Canal
- The Imperial Ministry of Investigation is formed (IMI for short) and reports to the Ministry of Justice

1909 - Japan formally annexes Korea

1910 – George V is crowned king after the death of Edward.
- Portuguese Monarchy Ends; Spain invades Portugal, and is near victory when Britain, France, and America declares war on Spain; Spain is near defeat when German, Austrian, and Italian troops begin marching on France using the von Schlieffen plan and achieve massive gains in France.

1911 - German troops enter Paris and force the surrender of France. In the Peace treaty they are forced to hand over a portion of their colonies and allow German troops to march through to Spain, however Britain and America seize and occupy the French colonies. The knowledge that German troops are coming makes Spanish troops fight harder than ever.
- Mexico Invades California and Texas who promptly respond. America stays on high alert.
- The combine Imperial American and Royal British fleets decimate the German High Seas fleet
- Sun Yet-Sun comes to power in China

1912 – Russian food begins to support the Central Powers nations.

1913 – The Portuguese War ends in a draw. Spain is allowed to annex Portugal however France will regain her colonies and Germany will pay a small indemnity to Britain and America. Portugal’s colonies are given to Germany. The Lowland countries are released.
- The Russian military, learning from the conflicts in Europe and America begins to modernize

1915 - Czar Nicholas II of Russia dies when he falls from a horse. His brother is crowned Czar Mikhail. He promises to continue to modernize Russia

1916 – Mexico begins to modernizing their armed forces.
- Peru signs an alliance with Germany and agrees to allow it to station ships in Peruvian Ports.
- Austria-Hungary breaks up; Russia and Germany partition the pieces and Hungary declares a kingdom.
- The Ottoman Empire disintegrates. Germany, America, and Britain set up a series of protectorates
- Russia enacts a constitution; though it does allow for a permanent Duma and a Premier, it also makes the Czar head of government, head of state, and head of the military

1918 – Russia quickly crushes a Socialist uprising. Stalin and Trotsky, its leaders, are executed to the cheering of crowds

1919 – King Theodore I in Philadelphia dies, his son is crowned King Theodore II and promises to continue his fathers plans.
- Kaiser Wilhelm II dies and his son is crowned Kaiser Wilhelm III.
- The Philippines officially becomes a kingdom, accepting much of the same things as Hawaii

1920 – Woman’s suffrage is passed in the UEA. Women flock to register before the upcoming presidential elections.
- For the first time in history a non-Torie or Whig wins the UEA Presidency, Upton Sinclair, of the Socialist party is elected, the socialist party also wins control of the Popular Assembly and makes gains in the Senate.

1922 – Italy, unhappy about the results of the Portuguese war elects Benito Mussolini and a mix of Fascists and Nationalist. They soon declare dictatorial power.

1923 – Brazil and Peru both begin growing at a tremendous rate. In 5 years they will be true world powers.

1924 – King Friedrich Alejandro I dies, his son is crowned Friedrich Wilhelm III
-President Sinclair wins re-election

1926 – Benito Mussolini makes Fascism the state party
- Brazil’s Dom Pedro V orders a vast military build up.
- Napoleon IV dies, his son is crowned Napoleon V

1927 – Gold is discovered in Siberia, fueling the economy in Russia. Russia is quickly becoming an industrial power

1929 – The New York Stock Exchange enters a slight depression, however within a year it will be a memory
- Italy invades and conquers Abyssinia
- Russia now rivals Germany, America, or Great Britain in industrial capability. Peru and Brazil follow behind

1932 – Mohandas Gandhi begins his fast until death, the British give in to demands in a few days
- The socialist candidate, John Blackwell, loses to Sir Howard Long of the Tories
- Mexico and Peru receive military equipment and training from Russia and Italy

1933 - Czar Mikhail dies in Moscow, his son is crowned Czar Nicholas III. That same year the far right Nationalist Party achieves a majority in the Duma
- Kaiser Wilhelm III is crowned

1934 – Alcatraz becomes a federal prison and home to some of the nations most dangerous criminals

1936 – Spain breaks out into a civil war between the liberal and republicans and the nationalist and royalists. Both sides receive international aid.

1938 – Peru, Mexico, Japan, Russia, and Italy sign an alliance. Each begins making territorial demands and claims on its neighbors, including America, France, Britain, and Germany

1939 – Using modern weapons and revolutionary new tactics Peru invades Venezuela and Greater Nicaragua, Mexico invades Deseret, Texas, and California. Italy begins the invasion of French North Africa, and Russia begins the invasion of Germany. The Italians and Mexicans gain the most conquering California, Texas, Deseret, and most of French North Africa in only 2 months. Russia has pushed into Prussia. Peru is nearing the coast and has taken the Nicaraguan Canal. Italy prepares to invade France and Germany.

1940 – Italy invades France. Britain, finally concerned about her African holdings declares war on Italy and organizes the BEF to France. The rest of the Axis Powers (except Japan) declare war. Soon the Royal Navy is sailing for the Mediterranean.
- American Marines land in Greater Nicaragua and soon begin pushing the Peruvians out. Meanwhile the Mexicans have captured Boise.

1941 – America begins driving the Mexicans out of the country. They have captured Greater Nicaragua and beginning to push into Peru
- Japan launches a surprise attack on the American fleet in the Philippines and in Hawaii, luckily the American Aircraft carriers are at sea. Great Britain declares war on Japan
- The American Imperial Fleet and the Royal Navy destroy the Italian fleet and pave the way for recapturing North Africa
- The Germans re-capture all their territory and begin hitting the Russian border

1943 – In a coordinated effort British, American, and French forces begin the invasion of North Africa and Sicily while the German Army Group South under General Von Rundstedt invades from the North
- The Mexicans are forced to surrender
- Peru settles with the Americans, though the Americans are having difficulty battling in the terrain
- Japan occupies the Philippines.

1944 – Italy surrenders and Benito Mussolini kills himself
- Russia makes peace with the allies even though they are still in very good condition
- American and British forces recapture the Philippines

1945 – Japan agrees to peace
- The final peace treaty is hammered out in Madrid Spain, which has since rebuilt since the Royalists and Nationalists who won the civil war. Peru is forced to turn over a chunk of territory to America, which links Venezuela and Great Nicaragua, America renames the colony American Columbia. Mexico is forced to pay indemnities to all parties in North America and demilitarize its northern border. Italy loses its African colonies and must pay an indemnity. Russia agrees to pay a small indemnity to Germany and to de-militarize the border for a period no less than 10 years. Japan agrees to a status quo peace. All Kings are allowed to remain in power.

1946 – Relations between America/Great Britain/France and Germany/Japan/Peru are slowly deteriorating as all via for world power
- America detonates the worlds first Atomic Bomb in the Sub-Arctic wastelands of the north. They are followed closely by Germany

1950 – King Theodore II dies heirless. Lord Joseph Kennedy, Duke of Massachusetts Bay is chosen by the Senate to replace him. King Joseph I is crowned
- Great Britain tests its first atomic bomb. America detonates a Hydrogen Bomb
- Japan forces the Netherlands to sell the Dutch East Indies for a sum of $20 million dollars
- China breaks down into civil war after the death of Sun Yet-Sun, America, France, Britain, Japan, and Germany all quickly send in forces

1951 – China is stabilized, America, France, and Great Britain consolidate their areas of control into the Kingdom of Tibet. While Germany and Japan create the puppet Empire of China. The borders remain peaceful but tense

1952 – George IV dies, his daughter Elizabeth II is crowned Queen

1953 – Kenyan rebels begin making trouble for the British, little does anyone know they are being supplied by the Germans
- King Friedrich Wilhelm III dies in Lima, his son is crown Kaiser Friedrich Alejandro II

1955 – Juan Peron is overthrown in a military coup and flees to Spain. Chile is now the only power in South America friendly to the Allies.

1956 – The British crush the last of the Kenyan rebellion however don’t learn of Germany’s involvement

1957 – Germany and Japan sell Peru a number of ships strengthening her Navy, the weakest part of the Peruvian fleet. However the Allies, with the American Imperial and British Royal navies still rule the seas though the High Seas Fleet is very strong and the Imperial Japanese Navy is only slightly smaller than Britain or America.
- Germany launches the world’s first satellite

1959 – Germany launches a rocket with 2 apes aboard
- Dali Lama is assassinated touching off a conflict between China and Tibet. Both sides are supplied by their masters.

1960 – France and Russia both test their first atomic weapons
- The Conflict in china is heating up as China is starting to push into Tibet

1961 – Germany sends Reinhard von Shroeder in space

1962 – Japan tests its first nuclear weapon. Peru tests her first weapons shortly there after. Germany equips both with their long-range missiles. Prompting protests from the allies and heightened tensions.
- John Glenn becomes the first American in space and upon his return he is knighted.
- China and Tibet war escalates as Japanese troops begin advising the Chinese

1963 – American Prince John F Kennedy, heir apparent to the throne, is killed while visiting Texas. The nation mourns for their beloved Prince. Texas Rangers apprehend Lee Harvey Oswald, a radical Imperial Intelligence and the Texas Rangers suspect works for Germany though it won’t ever be able to confirm that because Oswald is shot dead, his killer is never found.
- HIMS Thresher, an American Submarine, is sunk under mysterious circumstances
- America guarantees women equal rights as men

1964 - The American destroyer Charles Parnell is sunk off the coast of China, the Congress approves troops be sent to Tibet to aid them, Britain and France both follow
- Peru and Argentina invade Chile, America quickly begins sending aid
- Napoleon V dies. His eldest son is crowned Napoleon VI

1965 – Imperial Marines begin arriving in Tibet and bombers begin hitting targets in China. Japanese bombers respond by hitting targets in Tibet.
- American and German fighters clash in the skies over the Pacific after an American Carrier group discovers German ships hitting targets in Chile

1966 – Allied and Entente powers are now actively fighting each other in Asia, Tibet is gaining the upper hand however
- Chile falls to Peru and Argentina. The South American continent is now solidly pro-Entente. Brazil and Peru begin spreading pro-revolt propaganda in the colonies of Britain, Netherlands, America, and France

1967 – Tibetan forces, along with allied elements cross into China for the first time. In America however this is a growing anti-war movement, despite the victories.

1968 – China launches a desperate counter-attack but fails. Tibet is now firmly winning this war.
- Prince Robert Kennedy, now heir to the throne, is assassinated leaving the King Joseph I heirless. He names Lord Joseph Garvin his heir.

1969 – King Joseph I dies at his Boston estate. Lord Joseph Garvin, Duke of Buffalo, another Irish Catholic, is crowned King Joseph II.
- Tibet and China sign an armistice and a cease-fire, though a peace treaty will never be formally signed
- Neil Armstrong, an American, becomes the first person to step onto the Moon

1976 – Czar Nicholas IV dies, his son is crowned Czar Mikhail II.

1979 – The Shah of Persia is nearly de-throned, but with the support of Russia and the Allies he is kept in power

1980 – Italy invades and quickly conquers Libya and Albania before anyone can oust them
- Kaiser Wilhelm III dies, his son is crowned Wilhelm IV

1981 – Lord Ronald Reagan, President of the UEA, is nearly assassinate but survives

1982 – Argentina invades the Falkland Islands, the British promptly eject them with minimal casualties. The Argentines, begin rebuilding their military from scratch using German, Japanese, Brazilian, and Peruvian technology and tactics

1985 – Friedrich Alejandro II dies, his son is crowned Friedrich Alejandro III
- Germany signs an agreement with San Dominican government. They are allowed to establish a number of air bases and naval bases in the country. America strongly protests and begins strengthening its bases in Cuba and Florida in case of an attack
- King Joseph II retires due to health questions, his son is crowned King Joseph III

1986 – Sweden signs an agreement with the Allies who will be allowed to setup bases in Iceland to cover the North Atlantic.

1990 – Tensions shift from Central America to the middle east as Germany demands more oil rich lands. Claiming the British and American tricked them.
- The military exercises code named Desert Shield shows off American and British power in the Middle East.

1995 - In a world tragedy, Czar Mikhail II and his wife Czarina Gabrielle are killed in a car accident while returning from the ballet. His eldest son is crowned Mikhail III.

1997 – Sweden initiates the last major war to date when it invades Russia.

1998 – Sweden does surprisingly well against Russian troops and weapons managing to take and hold a piece of land. They settle with Russia and agree to pay a small amount of money to keep the land. Russia begins to come out of their long isolation and modernize its military once more.

2000 – The new millennium is ushered in with celebrations around the world
- Emperor Napoleon VI dies. His son is crowned Emperor Napoleon VII, carrying on the Napoleon name.

2002 – St. Michael’s Cathedral in Albany, St. Francis’ Cathedral in Buffalo, and St. Joseph’s Cathedral in Philadelphia are finished with construction and blessed by the ailing Pope

2003 – Crown Prince Timothy, of America, marries Princess Marie Adrienne Bonaparte, the second child of Emperor Napoleon VII. This brings the Allies closer together as the three great families (Windsor, Garvin, and Bonaparte) gather in Philadelphia for the marriage.

Last edited:

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Hey, I love it - Crown Prince Timothy ! I wonder if there ever WAS a royal Tim ?

I'll read the whole thing in detail and comment properly in a bit :)

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Except for the implausible parallels with OTL a couple centuries after the PoD, pretty good.

1888 - Kaiser Wilhelm I dies, his son become Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany.

Kaiser Wilhelm II was not the son of Wilhelm I, but rather his grandson.

2000 – The new millennium is ushered in with celebrations around the world

I thought everybody knew the new millennium didn't start until 2001.

Not bad, tho I think a table of rulers per country will clear things up alot.

Last edited:
Arch-Angel said:
1812 - Commodore Mathew Perry leads a group of ships, which engages the remains of the French fleet.

Matthew Perry celebrated his 18th birthday in April of 1812. WAY too young to be a Commodore.

There was another Perry active in the military around that time. Became a minor hero in the war. I forget his name, but I seem to remember that he was my namesake's older brother.

Admiral Matt said:
There was another Perry active in the military around that time. Became a minor hero in the war. I forget his name, but I seem to remember that he was my namesake's older brother.

I believe you're refering to Oliver Perry, the leader of the American ships in the battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812. He was famous for stating "we have met the enemy and they are ours".

Grey Wolf said:
Hey, I love it - Crown Prince Timothy ! I wonder if there ever WAS a royal Tim ?

I'll read the whole thing in detail and comment properly in a bit :)

Best Regards
Grey Wolf
Hmm... indeed, I'll look for kings named Tim, should be intresting.

The British make what i feel is an idiotic decision in that TL. Also, I didn't think that the UEA had Presidents.

(By the way, North Carolina once had a state religion for a time in the early years of the Republic in OTL.)

Wendell said:
(By the way, North Carolina once had a state religion for a time in the early years of the Republic in OTL.)

Perfectly acceptable. Its only the Federal Government that can't establish a state religion. States can.