Confederate Wars

What major wars, minor wars, colonial wars, proxy wars, U.N. peacekeeping missions, NATO peacekeeping missions would the C.S.A. be involved in from 1861-2004? Possible outcomes, their allies, who there against, their military strength? And even possible wars beyond 2004?

Why don't you check out this ATL in the archives. Particularly since you keep on bring it up. I won't hesitate to mention that providing alot of more information (ie. doing research or having an ATL) will help.

I provide a list and tell me which are plausible and impalusible then maybe tell some wars that would work?

Major Wars
War for Southern Independence 1861-1864 vs. U.S.
Spainish-Confederate War 1871-1873 vs. Spain
Confederate-Nicragugian War 1895 vs. El Salvador, Coasta Rica, and Nicragugian Rebels
World War 1 1914-1919 vs. England, Russia, France, and U.S.(1918)
World War 2 1939-1945 vs. England, Russia, U.S.(1941)
Andean War 1957 vs. Peru, Chile, and Argentinia
Mexican-Confederate War 1979-1989 vs. Mexico
Confederate-Afghanistan War 2001 vs. Taliban and Al-Queda
Iraqi War 2003 vs. Iraq

Proxy Wars
Korean War 1950-1953- helping the North Koreans
Vietnam War 1965-1977- helping North Vietnam

U.N. Peacekeeping Missions(member in 1950)
Ethoipia in 1984
Somalili in 1993
Bosnia and Herzgovinia in 1997-1998
Kosovo in 1998-1999

ConfederateFly said:
Confederate-Afghanistan War 2001 vs. Taliban and Al-Queda
Iraqi War 2003 vs. Iraq

Proxy Wars
Korean War 1950-1953- helping the North Koreans
Vietnam War 1965-1977- helping North Vietnam

U.N. Peacekeeping Missions(member in 1950)
Ethoipia in 1984
Somalili in 1993
Bosnia and Herzgovinia in 1997-1998
Kosovo in 1998-1999

These most likely aren't going to happen. All of these were avoidable and probably would be. Even if they did happen, the wouldn't happen on the same dates.

A big problem is who you have the CSA allying with. They're too similar to the Americans and British to be apart for too long. They'll be in an alliance together. They certainly wouldn't help N. Vietnam or N. Korea if these wars were anything like what they were in OTL, as you have hinted.

In WW 2 they allied w/ Hitler. In 1945 the Soviets thought if they had an ally in N. America they would have a better chance against the U.S.

What if any kind of major wars or expeditions or peacekeeping missions or proxy wars do u think the Confederacy would have from 1861-2004?

Susano

Banned
Civil War/War of Indpendance, most logcially.

Followed by several interior civil wars and reabsorbation into the USA...

Susano

Banned
The COnfederacy would have no international adventures at least. It would rmeian a loose band of states - that is what they fought for. And such a confederation then simply does not have the power for any international adventure.

Regarding the world wars I think that in WW1 (we can assuem WW1, dates and events might change, but not the fact of the war) its more likely that the USA will ally with Germany, and the CSA thus with any nation standing against germany.

Xen

Banned
ConfederateFly said:
I highly doubt it

The border states I don't. Im not talking about Kentucky or Missouri either. Im looking at Virginia, North Carolina and Tennessee would though

Xen said:
The border states I don't. Im not talking about Kentucky or Missouri either. Im looking at Virginia, North Carolina and Tennessee would though

Concur. By the mid 1890's the CSA would be reduced to South Carolina, Georgia, North Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and maybe Louisiana. The larger South Florida which split off from the more Dixie northern portion would have become an independent country with a distinctive bilingual culture.

This rump CSA would be an economic basket case and militarily impotent. The only reason it survives at all is that when the border states were reabsorbed they shifted Yankee attitudes towards seeing the Carrot and not the Stick as the correct Policy to properly deal with the CSA problem.