Zorro legacy

zorro is a masked hero who helps people in California during the Spanish and Mexican periods of that state history. with all his adventure, I wonder how his adventures would affect California and the surrounding nations? from his adventure in his movies to his books and tv series. how would haveing two dictators affect California or the early discovery of gold in the sate or the fact that there was a secret society trying to stop California from joining the US, would that start a new war? and etc.

Kaze

Banned
His adventures happened before the discovery of gold or the American-Mexican War (I am discounting the most recent movies, they do not exist in my mind) - however, I could see something that happens after the Statehood -- Zorro might return to protect the native Mexicans against the Gold Rush brutality (the natives were NOT treated well - hell that is where the Zorro story came from, some have suggested Joaquin Murrieta - the local Mexican Robin Hood / sociopath / bandit was the inspiration for Zorro) but I could see IRL Joaquin call himself "Zorro Jr" in order to have one up on the Rush'rs and inspire others to do the same.

His adventures happened before the discovery of gold or the American-Mexican War (I am discounting the most recent movies, they do not exist in my mind) - however, I could see something that happens after the Statehood -- Zorro might return to protect the native Mexicans against the Gold Rush brutality (the natives were NOT treated well - hell that is where the Zorro story came from, some have suggested Joaquin Murrieta - the local Mexican Robin Hood / sociopath / bandit was the inspiration for Zorro) but I could see IRL Joaquin call himself "Zorro Jr" in order to have one up on the Rush'rs and inspire others to do the same.
maybe, there would be a Zorro dinasty, son after son

It all depends, I suppose, on whether El Zorro leaves an heir willing to carry on the legacy - daughter or son, blood relative or child by adoption.

I'll bet cash money that, whether or not El Zorro continues to stalk modern LA Nights, sites associated with the man in black will do heavy trade on the tourist trail (unless El Zorro is consigned by White Californians to the slush pile of 'Hispanic History we'll be ignoring until forced to remember it').

I'm just imagining people of hispanic heritage in California adopting the letter Z as a symbol, like you'd drive down the road and you'd see it written in alleyways or all over the place after cases of police brutality, or massive protests.