WI: The French Royal Family fled to Britain?

But there is still the issue of motivation. English princesses post-Glorious Revolution weren't generally marrying French princes anyway. I'm not sure why they would change that to get a marriage with a deposed exile; it's not like the Bourbons have any leverage at that point. And remember that the Royal Marriage Act is in effect, so they have to get an ok from the King or Parliament.

So why would a British prince/princess trade even a remote chance at succession for a marriage to a homeless exile?

I meant it could be a condition for aid. Marriage alliances were still alive and well so it could be a requirement for British aid. Lets get away from the marriage for a little while and focus on the bigger picture. How would Louis XIV and his family's survival affect France and the revolution? Would there be more or less intervention by the Great powers? Would an early intervention be successful? Or would the only difference be which Bourbon is restored at the end of the war? Though I wonder if a Louis XVII would be able to prevent the July Revolution? Or would he be just as reactionary as Charles X?

Actually it is extremely unlikely that a marriage would go down well with either Parliament, Amelia's immediate family or the public.
This is a period where Catholic Emancipation is still a way off and a hotly debated issue.
To give a comparison - Victoria Eugenie of Battenburg's (the English born granddaughter of Queen Victoria a lowly British Princess way down in the succession) decision to marry Alfonso of Spain in 1905/6 caused debate and reaction (on both sides)- in fact Parliament fixed things to avoid her uncle Edward VII having to give formal consent to the marriage.

So why would a British princess trade even a remote chance at succession for a marriage to a homeless exile?

WI:
The Dauphin witnesses some of Earnest Augustus' depraved advances upon his sister Sophia and come to her aid and becomes her noble defender. Perhaps then, over the ensuing few years, the age difference and even the remote crown of Great Britain itself might pale in comparison to being with the man that she loves.

Long live chivalry and romance!:)

WI:
The Dauphin witnesses some of Earnest Augustus' depraved advances upon his sister Sophia and come to her aid and becomes her noble defender. Perhaps then, over the ensuing few years, the age difference and even the remote crown of Great Britain itself might pale in comparison to being with the man that she loves.

Long live chivalry and romance!:)

Sophia was almost 10 years older than him, not gonna happen.

Note that things have changed significantly from Stuart times. By the Act of Settlement (1701) any English royal who marries a Catholic loses his or her place in the line of succession.
Just a footnote - that was repealed earlier this year. Or, more precisely, Parliament authorized the Lord Chancellor to announce its repeal when he pleases (implicitly, when the rest of the Commonwealth follows suit.)

Sophia was almost 10 years older than him, not gonna happen.

I know (and to be honest about it, had someone else proposed the idea, my response would have been the same as yours :eek:); but it's one of those highly unlikely, AH romance novel-like ideas that's been floating around in my head for awhile.