WI: President Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dystopia.

He has no chance of getting republican nomination in 1988 if it`s as OTL.

If Bush wins in 1988, obviously 1992 is out as well. I don`t see him running as a democrat.

If he runs as an independent I have difficulty seeing him do better than Perot.

1996 he would have a better shot but still ASB.

The thing is OTL Trump is a crazy egomaniac, now he wouldn`t be the first crazy egomaniac to become president but he`d be among the least charismatic.

He has the funds to move somewhere and run for a senate seat. Or try to become a governor somewhere. I`d start there.

Heh. I once read a funny book about time travelling (which is invented in the near future). It came with useful advices for how to do appropriate smalltalk in the decade you're travelling to. For the 90s (the book is from the early Nineties, or even older), there was mentioned: "Your opinion about VP Trump's suggestion to sell Alaska back to Russia to pay for the debt." :)

Heh. I once read a funny book about time travelling (which is invented in the near future). It came with useful advices for how to do appropriate smalltalk in the decade you're travelling to. For the 90s (the book is from the early Nineties, or even older), there was mentioned: "Your opinion about VP Trump's suggestion to sell Alaska back to Russia to pay for the debt." :)

This is actually a wonderful idea.

He has the funds to move somewhere and run for a senate seat. Or try to become a governor somewhere. I`d start there.

I agree, assuming an increased political drive. Perhaps Trump decides to go into politics in the Late 1980's. New Jersey had it's gubernatorial election in 1989, perhaps he uses his money and influence to gain the GOP nomination and perhaps even winning the election due to a well run campaign and some dirty tricks?

If Trump manages to put together two competent terms as Governor of NJ I could see his political star rising to the point where his name begins to be mentioned.

Perhaps he serves as Governor of New Jersey from 1990-1998 then returns to the business world for a year or two before running for the Senate and beating John Corzine in 2000. As a successful entrepreneur, 2 term governor and sitting Senator he'd have a much better chance at winning a nomination...

As the only person since WWII to win the US Presidency without either being a state governor or sitting in either of the Houses of Congress first is Dwight Eisenhower I find it highly unlikely that Donald Trump would be the second. I agree that he would have to enter politics either in a senate race or gubernatorial race before he could seek higher honours.

I remember when Trump was going to the presidential nomination (or at least saying he was and courting the tea party). He spoke about charging other countries protection money. Namely those countries where the USA has a base and personnel. If he did become President and tried that I can see most of those countries giving a two word response to him.

Actually, if Trump hadn't gone on with that Tea Party nonsense and spewed birther rhetoric, he would have had a realistic shot of winning the GOP nomination in 2012. They're desperate for a Wendell Willkie, and Trump fits the bill nicely.

In my TL, I had Trump elected as a Perot Party candidate for Governor of New York. Of course, he benefits from the coattails of an independant businessman in the White House and from a split vote, but yet...

Thande

Donor
As far as British comedians are concerned, it would make the Clinton blowjob scandal from OTL look like nothing by comparison. (Trump means fart in British English).

Hello Dystopia.

He has no chance of getting republican nomination in 1988 if it`s as OTL.

If Bush wins in 1988, obviously 1992 is out as well. I don`t see him running as a democrat.

If he runs as an independent I have difficulty seeing him do better than Perot.

1996 he would have a better shot but still ASB.

The thing is OTL Trump is a crazy egomaniac, now he wouldn`t be the first crazy egomaniac to become president but he`d be among the least charismatic.

The purpose is to basically be dystopia for the 80s or 90s. The 80s were all about yuppie, Wall Street, Gordan Gecko types running business and being sexy, and Trump would bring that to the White House.

He's all style, no substance. And he'd be the same as President. He makes believe he's Richie Rich, but he doesn't actually have that much money, and his ventures in business generally end in failure. And he'd run government like he runs his businesses, and the White House would be treated like a Trump product.

Actually, if Trump hadn't gone on with that Tea Party nonsense and spewed birther rhetoric, he would have had a realistic shot of winning the GOP nomination in 2012. They're desperate for a Wendell Willkie, and Trump fits the bill nicely.
He was never serious about 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.