why was jfk assassinated?

Btw, Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to the JFK Facepalm.

jfkcubanmisslecrisis01.jpg
That's him being told that not only will he be shot and killed, but his death will be turned into a nearly sexual fetish symbol for people with crippling aversions to reality.

Conspiracy theories are to historical discourse what Cigarettes are to respiratory health.

To say something like this, exemplified in many other posts in this thread (and its predecessors) really does not move us forward. I mean "conspiracy theory" being used as a tarbrush rather than a fair descriptive category.

What we would IMO need to think about is that where does the line run between healthy skepticism towards an established narrative about a certain historical chain of events (perhaps arguably not entirely known or explained by previous researchers), leading into a source-based attempt to create a new interpretation as to those events and their causes, and a "conspiracy theory". When and under what qualifications can we talk about the first one as a legitimate endeavour (indeed one could say the stuff off which historical research is made of) and when and why would such an endeavour become so tainted as to be fairly called a "conspiracy theory" the way the term is commonly used on this forum?

What do we talk about when we talk about "conspiracy theories" on this forum? And what are the defining "sins" or shortcomings of a "conspiracy theorist", as opposed to a bona-fide researcher, even if a controversial one?

Hey, this bunker has adamantium, nothing is getting through except other adamanitum, which will be countered by other alien materials.

*bunker shakes*

Unforunately, there was no time to get shock absorbers, however the thing is invincincable.:)

Hey, this bunker has adamantium, nothing is getting through except other adamanitum, which will be countered by other alien materials.

*bunker shakes*

Unforunately, there was no time to get shock absorbers, however the thing is invincincable.:)
O.K., The shaking is still worrisime.

I've just seen too many bits of evidence to reason that it's all just one crazy communist shooting the President.

January 30, 1835 - one man nearly assassinates Jackson
August 1864 - one man nearly assassinates Lincoln
April 14, 1865 - one man assassinates Lincoln
July 2, 1881 - one man assassinates Garfield
September 6, 1901 - one man assassinates McKinley
October 14, 1912 - one man nearly assassinates Teddy Roosevelt
February 15, 1933 - one man nearly assassinates Franklin Roosevelt
September 5, 1975 - one woman nearly assassinates Ford
September 22, 1975 - one woman nearly assassinates Ford
March 30, 1981 - one man nearly assassinates Reagan
May 10, 2005 - one man nearly assassinates Bush

November 22, 1963 - one man with more military training than all the rest combined assassinates Kennedy, yet he's the only one some people can't accept was acting on his own.

Meerkat92

Banned
Well to be fair there Lincoln's death actually was part of a conspiracy, albiet an extremely poorly-thought-out one.

*everyone falls to the ground from huge quake*

Wow, that was big tremor. Nothing was damaged fortunately, but wow is this heating up.

d32123

Banned
I've long considered this question and have come to believe that Kennedy was killed as a result of a conspiracy of some sort. That said, I'm by no means sure who was involved. I've just seen too many bits of evidence to reason that it's all just one crazy communist shooting the President.

Things like Jack Ruby working for Nixon when he was a Congressman from California, long before the assassination. Like the way his head snaps backwards from the impact, and the fact that there was so much bad blood between him and the CIA.

My gut feeling is that the assassination was the work of some combination of rogue elements of the CIA (either current operatives working on their own or former agents working together - or both), elements of organized crime, and then that it was covered up by the government/Johnson administration in order to prevent total chaos from taking hold.

I've also considered the possibility that LBJ had some evidence that the Cubans were involved, but chose to cover it up to prevent the people from demanding massive retaliation, which would have likely sparked off a war with the USSR.

C'mon man even if you believe this stuff, you know you'll just get kicked for posting conspiracy theories.

*Another shake*

Quickly, arm up. The worst will be kept outside, but some may find a way get in between the cracks!

There was sadly not enough adamantium for certain parts, however it will be more than enough to prevent the more dangerous stuff from getting in.

*Another shake*

Quickly, arm up. The worst will be kept outside, but some may find a way get in between the cracks!

There was sadly not enough adamantium for certain parts, however it will be more than enough to prevent the more dangerous stuff from getting in.
(Puts on MOLLE vest and MICH helmet, cinches helmet straps tight.)

Kennedy was in negotiations with Castro for rapprochment, which Castro was very open to due to dissatisfaction with the Soviets, and which likely would have gone ahead if the assassination had not taken place. It makes no sense.
LBJ thought it was Castro, Castro thought it was a Cuban anti-Castro group, but the man LBJ hardly knew, Earl Warren, and did not influence, found it to be a lone gunman.

*Gets into power armor, and weilds futuristic shotgun*

*In ultra deep voice* Hopefully, this won't be... necessary.

I am lately inclined to believe that there were two separate events here; Oswald acting alone as a deranged individual who got incredibly lucky with his shooting and Jack Ruby who was ordered by the mob to kill Oswald- because at that point 'organized' crime was in a state of confusion as to whether it was one of their number who ordered it.