When You Wish Upon a Star: Comment Thread

Thande

Donor
My fear, Ed gets Tor Johnson to play Mr. Freeze, if said character exists yet. In OTL, he came about in 1959, but with this universe, I don't know...

In any case the character, originally called Mr Zero, was not a big villain by any means until his revival many years later. Actually the same is also true of the Riddler, more surprisingly.

Spengler

Banned
Ed Wood as the Joker? eh? anybody?
no way but there are several american who could work as the joker, maybe anthony perkins and he did actually star in a orson welles film. Also we have the fact that the guy was bisexual which would probably mean that he would seek some place to live other than the United States.

My fear, Ed gets Tor Johnson to play Mr. Freeze, if said character exists yet. In OTL, he came about in 1959, but with this universe, I don't know...

at this time he would be a Two-bit gimmick Character, rather than the Tragic figure BTaS portrayed him as.

It would have to be the Joker, or maybe the Monk.

We're arguing more about who plays what in a fictional superhero movie than the ramifications of a ficitional Mental Hygeine Act.

God, I love this site.

We're arguing more about who plays what in a fictional superhero movie than the ramifications of a ficitional Mental Hygeine Act.

God, I love this site.

Oh frankly I think its more positive that we prefer to focus on fluff than to imagine the hell thoses people are going to go through (at least with the same level of excitation)

no way but there are several american who could work as the joker, maybe anthony perkins and he did actually star in a orson welles film. Also we have the fact that the guy was bisexual which would probably mean that he would seek some place to live other than the United States.

ok then, how about ed wood as harley quinn? :D (joking)

Tovarich

Banned
Did Tor Johnson follow Ed Wood across the atlantic ITL?

I was wondering, if Wood remains interested in wrestling he may take interest in the UK scene, and possibly Pat Roach gets a much earlier debut on film?
Or even one of the older chracters who'd still be active at the time, like Shirley Crabtree (not yet called Big Daddy, though) or Mick McManus?