What the hell does TLIAF or TLIAD stand for?

I know TLIAD means Timeline In A Day. Its used by PolBrit's (or is it BritPol's? Anyway people who are into British Politics) mostly. Almost none of them ever get completed in a day but the idea is that you post updates as quickly as possible. Its a writing mechanism basically.

Last edited:
In addition, TLIAFD (TL In A Few Days) is my own bastardised version, because I know I'm not quick enough to finish a TL, even a short one, in a day.

I know TLIAD means Timeline In A Day. Its used by PolBrit's (or is it BritPol's? Anyway people who are into British Politics) mostly. Almost none of them ever get completed in a day but the idea is that you post updates as quickly as possible. Its a writing mechanism basically.

It's a term I came up with, and it's pronounced Tee-Yell-Ee-Yad. Like 'Iliad', but with 'Tee-Yell' at the start. More details are here, but you're essentially correct: my first one was completed in a day, my second took two days but since then we've not had that many that have stuck to the advertised time limit. I intend to, however, with my next one.

It's also not the property of the Politibrits by any means - anyone who wants to use it as a device to quickly work through a TL idea they have had is more than welcome to do so.

It's a term I came up with, and it's pronounced Tee-Yell-Ee-Yad. Like 'Iliad', but with 'Tee-Yell' at the start.

Huh. I always just say 'Timeline In A Day' in my head. Guess I'll have to correct myself. :p

It's also not the property of the Politibrits by any means - anyone who wants to use it as a device to quickly work through a TL idea they have had is more than welcome to do so.

Oh yeah. Sorry, I did mean this. Its just so far we'e just seen PolBrits use it. I have absolutely no doubt it will catch on the rest of the site though, its too good an idea not to. I wonder just how self critical and ironic those bolded conversations with ones self at the start of a timeline can get? :D

Huh. I always just say 'Timeline In A Day' in my head. Guess I'll have to correct myself. :p

Oh yeah. Sorry, I did mean this. Its just so far we'e just seen PolBrits use it. I have absolutely no doubt it will catch on the rest of the site though, its too good an idea not to. I wonder just how self critical and ironic those bolded conversations with ones self at the start of a timeline can get? :D

Haha, they're good fun. I was very surprised when people started seeing them as a hallmark of a TLIAD rather than merely a symptom of my various neuroses.

Haha, they're good fun. I was very surprised when people started seeing them as a hallmark of a TLIAD rather than merely a symptom of my various neuroses.

Well, you know us PolitiBrits and Tradition. You established it and now most of us follow (I know I will if I ever write one).

Bolt451

Gone Fishin'
Well, you know us PolitiBrits and Tradition. You established it and now most of us follow (I know I will if I ever write one).

Ayup. As an unwritten politibrit I've got to agree.

Its the kick up the backside I needed to get me writing a TL. Now the only thing is, which of the half started ideas do I re-attempt...