Warm Greenland

Alright, this is an Geological Pod, and I dont know how far back one would have to go, but lets try anyway. Say Greenland, do to a slightly different climate system, is warm enough, lets say, Central Germany level, enough to grow crops and such.

Now lets really mess with things, and have some proto-humans migrate to Greenland, setting the stage for a Homo-Sapian civilization to evolve there. So Now Greenland, Egypt/Fertile Crescent, Han River Valley, and Ganges are the cradles of civilization. How does the world evolve from here.

Well, what kind of crops will they have? Will they have relatives of the northern European crops like barley or oats? Or something completely different. probably the latter in my opinion. They will also lack and domestic able animals, presumably.

I was thinking Northern European Crops, and perhaps slight variations on some of the animals we have today, perhaps very changed cows or something.

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Panzerbeorn ?

The problem is going to be the ice sheet, if its permanently temperate in Greenland, even if only the shores are, it means the sea levels are higher, so Great Britain and Ireland are much smaller islands, so...

Hmmm, what was I gonna say ?
Best Regards
Grey Wolf

So Britian and Ireland are smaller, they were not cradles of civlization, and Greenland probably is a replacement for them.

Perhaps Call Greenland Thule for simplicities sake.

So Britian and Ireland are smaller, they were not cradles of civlization, and Greenland probably is a replacement for them.

Perhaps Call Greenland Thule for simplicities sake.

Greenland is never going to be a cradle of civilization; it's too rocky and out of the way. At best it could be a second Iceland.