Victoria II

Paradox focuses too much on making their games challenging. They need to focus on having better UI, Graphics, and adding more features to their games than making a game hard as fuck and only playable by 75 nerds with too much time on their hands

It's played by a bunch of people, actually. I'm surprised just how many.

Better UI - it's generally alright, no worse than most. Better graphics - hells no, as long as it's passable I'm good. HoI3 was a big messup with the palette, otherwise alright.

Their biggest problem is AI behaviour and the world being always too small, at least in Rome, EU and Vicky.

They're not all that hard as games, either, but there's a bit of a learning curve.

EU3 is incredibly easy. As the Ottomans, I blitzed my way to the Baltic Sea and the Rhine within 10 years of the start date, badboy be damned. The amount of Rebel squashing I had to do was simply amazing. :D The Byzantines, a state that should be damned to fail, managed to reconquer the Roman Empire as far as Portugal, as far south South Africa, and as far east as Cambodia, and as far north as Warsaw. But then again, that was me playing. ;)

Anyway, are the forums down for anybody? I keep getting database errors :(

EDIT: Paradox Forums that is.

I like whoever came up with the Commie US flag:

USA_communist.png

Commie Prussia is relatively straightforward:

PRU_communist.png

Commiefederates look kind of peculiar, though:
CSA_communist.png

Fascist Bavaria looks nice:
BAV_fascist.png

Monarchist Cuba's nice:
CUB_monarchy.png

and Fascist Flanders looks quite nice:
FLA_fascist.png

Who designed these flags? Some of them are very well-done.

I think the commie confederate is based on the commie flags for the Nordic countries in Victoria 1.

Tellus

Banned
To help you guys wait, the official soundtrack of the game:

You can get it via Torrent, or you can listen to it on Youtube.

Those who pre-order can also download it from Gamersgate.

"Lament for the Queen" especially as that track wont be in game. My favorite is "Buckingham Palace" I think.

Going through the avatar tags, I'm greatly relieved to find out that the Manhattan Commune (MAN) is returning for Vicky II. If the TRE flag is what I think it is, a Free State Trieste will also be possible.

Also, is there any clear difference between Hindustan and India?

To help you guys wait, the official soundtrack of the game:

[snip for no reason]

"Lament for the Queen" especially as that track wont be in game. My favorite is "Buckingham Palace" I think.
I'm quite partial to "Johan's Waltz". Aside from the name :)D), it's a very nice and regal tune.

Last edited:
Going through the avatar tags, I'm greatly relieved to find out that the Manhattan Commune (MAN) is returning for Vicky II.

Also, is there any clear difference between Hindustan and India?
I was also happy to see the return of the Manhattan Commune. Read the Difference Engine earlier this year and it's a rather nice shout out.

For India, if you're talking about IND, that's Indonesia. The two states that represent "India" are Hindustan and Mughalistan, which I assume are Hindu and Muslim states respectively.

For India, if you're talking about IND, that's Indonesia. The two states that represent "India" are Hindustan and Mughalistan, which I assume are Hindu and Muslim states respectively.
Well I'll be. Could've sworn that when I looked at IND's flags they were the same as HND, but checking now, IND is clearly Indonesia. Don't know how I mixed that up. :confused:

Tellus

Banned
King just announced there would be a demo. No ETA. Typically, Paradox releases a limited demo largely intended to test game performance and show major features, 3 to 5 days before release.

Prepare your browsers for Monday and Tuesday.

King just announced there would be a demo. No ETA. Typically, Paradox releases a limited demo largely intended to test game performance and show major features, 3 to 5 days before release.

Prepare your browsers for Monday and Tuesday.

Johan confirmed the release.

Johan said:
If nothing goes wrong, we will release the demo on Fileplanet tomorrow (10th of August) at 9am PST (18.00 CET)..

Featuring fifteen years of 19th century Victorian gameplay, from 1836 and onwards, the Victoria 2 demo puts you in control of The United States of America at a crucial junction in the history of the Union. The demo covers everything you've always wanted to know about V2 -- from economy, to military, to colonization, battle and beyond -- but were afraid to ask.
While the defeat of Napoleon has brought a tentative peace to the Old World, the fate of a young republic hangs in the balance in the New. On the great, open frontier to the west, new opportunities and vast tracts of wild, free and unclaimed land, lie ripe for the taking. To the north lies Canada, and the full might of an expanding British Empire, and in the south, the little sister Republic of Texas is boldly asserting her independence against the vast and unconquered Republic of Mexico, and the armies of Santa Anna. Far away, in the distance of a future not yet realized, murmurs of revolution and secession can be heard, as a conflict between the states over the issue of black slavery looms larger with each passing month. Will the government of the people, by the people, and for the people, perish from the earth, or will a House Divided against itself stand, and become all one or the other? Featuring fifteen years of 19th century Victorian gameplay, from 1836 and onwards, the Victoria 2 demo puts you in control of The United States of America at a crucial junction in the history of the Union. The demo covers everything you've always wanted to know about V2 -- from economy, to military, to colonization, battle and beyond -- but were afraid to ask.

Basically, you will be able to play the USA in the demo. 15 years of gameplay, no save/load or MP. The tutorial is also included.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490468