Victoria II

2. Wait and find out how difficult it is to civilize not-Japan, then possibly take the reigns of Persia.

Civilizing Persia is'nt that hard in Victoria I, given their's a pretty forward event chain, so I'd assume the same event chain will be carried to Victoria II.

Will you be able to start the game at any dat you want, like in EU3 and EU:R?

You'll have to be more clear with your question.

You'll have to be more clear with your question.
Do you know how inEU3, for example, you can start at any date you want between the years 1453-1789, any day that was in those years? will it also be that way in Vicky2?

Do you know how inEU3, for example, you can start at any date you want between the years 1453-1789, any day that was in those years? will it also be that way in Vicky2?

Probably not.

It will likely be like Victoria 1 with several scenarios that start in different years, but no option to choose the exact year you want to start.

Civilizing Persia is'nt that hard in Victoria I, given their's a pretty forward event chain, so I'd assume the same event chain will be carried to Victoria II.

It isn't. Only Japan gets a special civilizing event/decision chain in V2. All other uncivilized countries get the same generic decision (possibly decision/event chain) to civilize. Including China and Persia.

It isn't. Only Japan gets a special civilizing event/decision chain in V2. All other uncivilized countries get the same generic decision (possibly decision/event chain) to civilize. Including China and Persia.
Do China and Persia have special event chains associated with their civilizing process in Vicky I? I don't recall anything about it. I thought they used the generic civilizing chain.

Do China and Persia have special event chains associated with their civilizing process in Vicky I? I don't recall anything about it. I thought they used the generic civilizing chain.

Both do.

Persia goes through two events that give it techs with the second one giving it civilized status.

China has a longer event chain (I've never seen it go all the way through) for its civilizing process that's based on the Opium wars.

1 month and 1 day until this comes out.

I never played the original but I played Hearts of Iron 1, HoI 2 and Europa 3. I'm keeping the anticipation at bay by playing Heir to the Throne.

When I get it i'm going to work Bavarian weapon factories into exhaustion, form a massive German-Austrian Alliance nad invade Prussia, dividing the territory between my allies and I.

According to Johan's thread thanking the betas, Red Ralph Wiggum was a beta. Assuming it's the same person, he was banned over here for some crazy threads about Glenn Beck's anus. Funny.

Tellus

Banned
It is, we have MANY members over there. Many of us use the same alias, though I don't as my paradox account dates back to 10 years ago and I stopped using that Alias awhile ago.

I replied to someone over there a few days ago and noticed afterwards it was Michandre. Kinda funny, the net is a small place :)

I will, first of all, play as Germany in the Great War. Afterwards, I will probably play as Prussia in the main scenario.

Actually, you can only play the grand campaign (begin 1836). Individual scenarios were out, as the developers wanted to focus all their efforts and energies on making V2's launch MUCH better than previous games. This pissed off quite a few regulars, who bitched among other things how they really needed an 1861 scenario to play as the Confederacy, or a Great War scenario. However, there is already speculation about an xpack.

And the ability to start on any date, ala EU3, is also out, as it would simply be a nightmare trying to set up POPs for every single date between 1835 and 1935.

Actually, you can only play the grand campaign (begin 1836). Individual scenarios were out, as the developers wanted to focus all their efforts and energies on making V2's launch MUCH better than previous games. This pissed off quite a few regulars, who bitched among other things how they really needed an 1861 scenario to play as the Confederacy, or a Great War scenario. However, there is already speculation about an xpack.

And the ability to start on any date, ala EU3, is also out, as it would simply be a nightmare trying to set up POPs for every single date between 1835 and 1935.

I think its safe to say that if there is an expansion it will include a Civil War scenario. That was what they suggested in that poll. Damn EU3 won over Rome. :mad:

if they must. All the same, I'd rather that if there was an xpa(x)ck it would add on more features rather than scenarios, if the developers had to focus on one major thing.

Of course I'd actually have to play V2 and develop some ideas of my own before I should fully endorse the above.

I just hope they fix the dates. 30 days per month like in Victoria means we miss out on 525 days of history over the century. It's also disappointing when I have a unit reaching a province or something being completed on the 30th of February.

I just want them to include lots of ahistorical options. I know, for exanple, that there will be options to make Austria form Germany.

Sounds to me like there's going to be a lot of modding for this once it comes out. People are going to want their unique Chinese or Persian civilisation events, and they are going to want their 1861 and 1914 scenarios.

Tellus

Banned
I invite you all to check out the early AARs and the modding subforum.

Already people are planning on making mods extending the timeline to 1815 after Napoleon's defeat, and my personal favourite, a mod planning on making an epic 1701-1935 mod called "Empires".

Theres also Alternate History mods planned already, the first big one being about a world where Napoleon is victorious! (Im gonna love this one).

And though its not officially announced yet as Im waiting to see the game and the engine, Im also planning my OWN Alternate History mod, with a pod built around the Treaty of Amiens, with a gameplay timeline going from 1805 to 1935. Stay tuned :)

I like the AAR about Brazil clawing its way to great power status by conquering Latin America. Gives good insight into how war goals figure into V2, a feature lacking in diaries. The France one is also similarly good in showing diplomacy features.